Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The first day for the rest of my life

Dr. z the psych for Kaiser Richmond bariatric described my life perfectly. The day I got hurt at work was the day my life as I knew it was over. I died that day, the "me" I knew myself to be was gone forever.

I worked At a corporate bank doing computer work, my wrists hurt my thumbs hurt and soon my neck would hurt too. Then one day couldn't lift my arms. Had gone to several doctors looking for answers, some said that I had fibromyalgia, others say CRPS. Either way I was unemployable. I was 24 years old.

I fell into a depression, sleeping most of the day, eating candy and ice cream, French fries and diet soda (thinking that helped) but soon my body went from 150lbs to 265lbs. I was miserable.

Then I found a Doctor Who had a cure for my condition, at the moment she took a look at me walk out the door. She wrote me off as being "deconditioned" in other words fat. She didn't even examine me. I tried everything, or so I say. But the truth of the matter is I had given up on life. I tried phentermine, hydroxycut, I tried starvation, dr. Fuhrman, even It Works Wraps, but nothing lasted very long.

I finally realized I needed to do something, something drastic to change my life. I want to be healthy. I want to be happy.

I found the Kaiser bariatric program and doubted that it would work. I started my program in March with the orientation and let the information go in one ear and out the other. I thought I would skirt by and no one would notice that I hadn't changed a thing about my eating habits. I saw dr. Z, got cleared, saw the surgeon, got cleared, in fact I didn't have to lose any weight! He was happy with the weight I was at 241. There was one condition I had to stop using 420 for pain relief so I had to wait 3 months to see Liz, the nurse case manager. In that time I pee tested clean, and weighed in at 242. I was livid when they wouldn't see me. In fact, they said I wasn't ready.

I couldn't run anymore I had to lose weight. I had to figure this thing out. And I'm glad I did. I opened my binder for the first time in months and read the pre-op diet. I finally started taking this on 100%. I learned how to meal prep. I ordered a scale, I cooked all my food and weighed it out for the entire week, and low and behold I weighed in at 240 and got my apt with Liz.

I continued the pre/op diet while I waited. The day I saw Liz my weigh in was 235! I was ecstatic. I wasn't broken, and this meal prep stuff was easy and REWARDING!

I now work out 5 days a week, lifting weights, swimming, playing rugby, walking, riding bikes. Etc. and I have my surgery date for 10/17. Only a few weeks away.

My life has already changed drastically, and I feel better than i have in years.

My workers comp injury doctor, one of the best cardiovascular surgeons in the United States is pleased with my progress and is in support of my choice to do bariatric.

Finally for the first time in 4 years I have a future that is bright and it is out in front of me!

I still hate the body i see in front of me. The mirror doesn't match who I am. I am an athlete and a beautiful strong woman. But from the outside I am wrapped up in a body of flub. I can't wait to break free!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Awesome!! You are already making so many positive changes and having successful weight loss. Keep up the great work!!

@ NapaGirl1707

I love what you said. You said exactly how I feel.

"The mirror doesn't match who I am. I am an athlete and a beautiful strong women. But from the outside I am wrapped up in a body of flub. I can't wait to break free"

Thank you

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App