Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 9/19 How are you feeling?

I feel like I've been hit with a Mac truck. Surgery was Monday the 19th and it is now Friday. I am in pain in my stomach and back. Walking like a 100 year old hunchback. I am only on Clear liquids. So hard to get all my Water in. I am getting two bottles and supposed to be 4. No Protein but I had some powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup today and I felt better than I had, I think because I am actually having protein. I have had my stomach binder on but it was causing me so much back pain I took it off. Still get up and move super gingerly and I'm slow motion. Last night was the first time I slept in the bed, but had to get up every hour to pee and painfully switch sides,as well as sip water. Still have not pooped. I took a stool softener pill tonight and still nothing. In the past things like ducolax pills cause me extreme stomach pain, so I didn't want to take a pill but I am getting worried and want to poop before it starts hurting me. I don't feel like I have to but I am aware I haven't. Trying not to be negative, I know it will get better, but right now I'm not happy.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hang in there. I was sleeved Monday too. It will get better. Today was a good day for me. Remember sip slow, it can take a little bit to ramp the fluids. As long as you keep peeing and drinking, you should be ok. As you heal, your Fluid intake will increase.

My dr said don't worry about poopping. It can take up to 10 days. Obviously if you are in pain that's different.

I am by no means an expert but this is what I've learned so far

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved the 15th, I'm on day 8 now. Yesterday and today I feel more energized, but started vomiting which causes extreme stomach pain. I've been trying to sip Water slower (very tiny sips) and that has helped a bit. On one hand I'm happy that I don't feel as sluggish as the past days, but on the other hand I'm afraid of having anything but water for fear of vomiting. :-/

Hang in there. I was sleeved Monday too. It will get better. Today was a good day for me. Remember sip slow, it can take a little bit to ramp the fluids. As long as you keep peeing and drinking, you should be ok. As you heal, your Fluid intake will increase.

My dr said don't worry about poopping. It can take up to 10 days. Obviously if you are in pain that's different.

Thank you, about the pooping I am getting so worried. Are you feeling like you got hit by a Max truck too or is it just me?

I was sleeved the 15th, I'm on day 8 now. Yesterday and today I feel more energized, but started vomiting which causes extreme stomach pain. I've been trying to sip Water slower (very tiny sips) and that has helped a bit. On one hand I'm happy that I don't feel as sluggish as the past days, but on the other hand I'm afraid of having anything but Water for fear of vomiting. :-/

Why are you vomiting though?

I'm a 9/19-er and am doing ok. Have had some oogy shart situations but suppose that's better than not going at all. My biggest issues are the drain (HATE it), exhaustion and some pain around my incisions. Also I've had quite loud and boisterous belly gas. I was prescribed anti-nausea meds which helped. I haven't needed any oxycodone though.

I drink 48+ ounces a day, trying to get better. Walk 3x a day for a total of 45 mins to an hour.

Today is my final day of Clear Liquids and once I add Protein I'm confident I'll start feeling stronger.

Tonight I had my first dream about food - chocolate chip waffles and bacon. It was so weird! Not hungry though, just missing the enjoyment of food.< /p>

Thank you, about the pooping I am getting so worried. Are you feeling like you got hit by a Max truck too or is it just me?

I was sleeved the 15th, I'm on day 8 now. Yesterday and today I feel more energized, but started vomiting which causes extreme stomach pain. I've been trying to sip Water slower (very tiny sips) and that has helped a bit. On one hand I'm happy that I don't feel as sluggish as the past days, but on the other hand I'm afraid of having anything but Water for fear of vomiting. :-/

Why are you vomiting though?

I do. I pace myself. Do something rest. It seems like the more activity I have the better I feel. I even ventured out to a restaurant for dinner last night. Loved my Soup minus the the chunks.

I feel like I've been hit with a Mac truck. Surgery was Monday the 19th and it is now Friday. I am in pain in my stomach and back. Walking like a 100 year old hunchback. I am only on clear liquids. So hard to get all my Water in. I am getting two bottles and supposed to be 4. No Protein but I had some unjury chicken Soup today and I felt better than I had, I think because I am actually having Protein. I have had my stomach binder on but it was causing me so much back pain I took it off. Still get up and move super gingerly and I'm slow motion. Last night was the first time I slept in the bed, but had to get up every hour to pee and painfully switch sides,as well as sip Water. Still have not pooped. I took a stool softener pill tonight and still nothing. In the past things like ducolax pills cause me extreme stomach pain, so I didn't want to take a pill but I am getting worried and want to poop before it starts hurting me. I don't feel like I have to but I am aware I haven't. Trying not to be negative, I know it will get better, but right now I'm not happy.

Take Miralax it works and has no tummy cramps. In about 2 weeks I was able to get around better although I was weak. Drink water even if it's a sip you maybe dehydrated as well. Walking helps. Feel better

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 9/19 as well! It only gets better. I definitely think the Protein helps me without me even realizing it. I do try to get up and not let my body get stiff and walk but it can be hard. As for the Water just do your best. It is hard but you'll increase over time so it'll be fine. I also haven't pooped either. My doctor told me to add Miralax to my Protein shakes, so we'll see how that goes. However I'm not too worried about pooping. Especially since I've barely eaten!

I was sleeve on 9/22.

I am right there with you. I tell everyone I feel like I have been ran over by a train.

I am scared to take my pills by mouth. I took my antidepressant at the hospital yesterday evening. I normally take 2....

Not sure if any of you have to take one, but withdrawal symptoms from my cymbalta is almost as bad as surgery.

I haven't taken any pain medicine because I'm scared to take it by mouth :(

It hurts.

I am also part of the 9/19 sleevers club~ the first few days I also felt like that mac truck hit me too. I just keep pushing through it, sipping my Water and Protein shakes. I've been able to walk in short durations each day and that helps with giving me more energy.

I was advised by dr and hospital to crush/open capsules of pills and take that way. try that, it's helped me alot

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I was sleeved 09.09 and i felt the same way but honestly by day 5/6 i felt better and by day 7 felt normal. I didnt focus on pooping, i had a small poop on the 19th (first one since surgery) and didnt have one since until yesterday when i had some activia and within an hour pooped. I have been on clear and full liquids since surgery so wasnt expecting to poop right away and wanted to give my body time to rest and heal. I promise it gets better i wasnt able to drink much either and still can't but try. Hang in there guys!

Sent from my SM-N930P using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 09.09 and i felt the same way but honestly by day 5/6 i felt better and by day 7 felt normal. I didnt focus on pooping, i had a small poop on the 19th (first one since surgery) and didnt have one since until yesterday when i had some activia and within an hour pooped. I have been on clear and full liquids since surgery so wasnt expecting to poop right away and wanted to give my body time to rest and heal. I promise it gets better i wasnt able to drink much either and still can't but try. Hang in there guys!

Sent from my SM-N930P using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved 9/15 - I've had a harder recovery than some, I believe because I have to take 15 pills a day. It's hard but can be done. Most of mine are mental health meds, I advise not skipping them. I had applesauce approved 5 days out to help with taking them.

I'm not 100% at all - hoping moving to full liquids over the weekend will help. 1 day at a time!

I'm also 9/19. My incision site is sore and my back is sore, but I am so happy to be taking in liquids really well and no nausea (yet). Walking a lot. Trying to back off of the Percocet in favor of Tylenol. I had my first poop yesterday and a couple more times, but I was on prescription strength stool softeners. I think I am going to chill out on those into I'm cleared for purees. Excited to feel normal again. Definitely not hungry and not craving any foods.

Hi 9/19 friend! I'm sorry you're feeling like a truck hit you! That's definitely how I felt my first few days, especially while I was battling the great effects of pain meds vs the nausea the caused. Had a minor anxiety attack at the hospital too just because I kept dry heaving violently and my chest started to hurt from the force. I realized it got better once I was in my own home in a comfortable place. Try to take a quick warm shower, and as soon as you're clear for Protein, take as much as your body can handle. I seem to hit a spot around 9:15 pm where I'm just over 1/4 cups of liquid, but it's helped me so much so far in my recovery since Monday. Be patient, everyone's body heals differently :)

Sleeved the 13th... haven't pooped....not worried about. My pain is down however I do notice that I tend to feel better sleeping in a recliner chair

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App