Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2016 Bypass Buddies?

I was just scheduled for 10/27.

Anyone else getting theirs next month?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My RNY is October 26. Nervous!!!!!

I'm in SoCal. Any of you out this way as well?

I'm in Salinas, ca. 15 miles to Monterey

Ah. I'm in Pomona, CA, but getting my surgery in Glendale.

Weird, perhaps, but I feel like a kid again, waiting for the next holiday. Just can't come fast enough.

10/6. Just joining this site. Heard there's lots of good people out here

I expect to have my surgery in October. By Friday (Sep 30) the surgeon's secretary is to call and schedule the surgery. I had my endoscopy on Friday and according to my surgeon all is well. I have completed all my prerequisites except for a 'pre surgery class.' I had hoped to have the sleeve but following the endoscopy Dr. says I will have to go with the RNY. Just as well considering all the morbidity issues. I just had my 69th birthday so I am more than a little nervous.

My husband, son and daughter are all very supportive. I do have Type II Diabetes, high BP, sleep apnea so I do need this surgery if I plan to hang around for a while. I pray a lot and seek guidance from the One who created me. There have been zero stumbling blocks medically to this point. Every time I get a little discouraged something happens to remind me why I am doing this. Like trying to pick something up off the floor or tie my tennis shoes. :unsure:

Today I have tried to do one day of liquids only and I have been miserably tired! I am so afraid I won't be able to do the 14 days required by the program. Not being able only hurts me I know! That hunger hormone works overtime for diabetics to begin with. The surgeons PA told me it is near impossible for someone on Insulin to lose weight.

I wish us all well and a healthy blessed life on the other side of this surgery.

Are you limited to Clear Liquids, or will you be allowed to have full liquids (oatmeal/farina, pudding, sherbet, creamed soups) during your pre-surgery diet?

Hello....I too believe in the same One that created you. I'm scheduled for October 4th. I was hoping to have the sleeve but after my endoscopy, I have a large hiatal hernia so I will have to have the bypass. You can do this! When you are in doubt call on the One who keeps us from falling. I'm praying for you and happy belated birthday!

I'm down to my 14 day protocol (10/6 surgery) so basically two shakes and a small dinner. My first two days I had a business dinner then going away luncheon at a Chinese restaurant and a going away party at a local watering hole with all the apps you could eat. I did awesome! Spot on. Did everything right. Since then it's been it's been extremely difficult and I'm breaking the regimen a lot. I'm starving and then I eat too much at night which is a bad time to begin with. I'm so frustrated and disappointed with myself. At least I'm mostly "overeating the right stuff". High Protein or fruits and vegetable. The chewing slowly is torture. I'm very excited and I've been totally prepared for life after surgery. Even my doctor and nutritionists have told me I'm one of the most prepared they've seen. But now I'm getting really scared. Is anyone else coming down the home stretch and feeling the same way? Greennewlife???