Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helpful Pampering

I'm using some lemon my sister made. She made us all Mason jars full of it for Christmas. Finally getting some use!!

When I'm tolerating smell better/less nauseous I'm going to try the coffee. Thanks for the tip ????

@@*susan* I have never had a pedicure or a massage. I'm going to change that post-op! I have a ton of little samples from my Birch Box that I'm going to do this same thing @@rolosmom7 - great idea!!! I'd never use them otherwise!

Im a big fan of pedicures, especially for us big folk who cant really reach down well for toe maintenance. I even had my husband come with me and get one as part of our "epic date weekend" in April.

I am getting my hair recolored, eye brows waxed, my nails done (gel polish) and a pedicure the weekend before my surgery. I figure I should look as good as possible for the "before" pics... plus I prob wont be up for it for several of weeks after.

@@*susan* I have never had a pedicure or a massage. I'm going to change that post-op! I have a ton of little samples from my Birch Box that I'm going to do this same thing @@rolosmom7 - great idea!!! I'd never use them otherwise!

Im a big fan of pedicures, especially for us big folk who cant really reach down well for toe maintenance. I even had my husband come with me and get one as part of our "epic date weekend" in April.

I am getting my hair recolored, eye brows waxed, my nails done (gel polish) and a pedicure the weekend before my surgery. I figure I should look as good as possible for the "before" pics... plus I prob wont be up for it for several of weeks after.

Fun!!! I just returned from my mani/pedi. I so wish my husband would get his toes done.

I'm regretting my decision to go out in the heat now though. Keep wondering if this is my new life. At least I'm have nice nails.

Fun!!! I just returned from my mani/pedi. I so wish my husband would get his toes done.

I'm regretting my decision to go out in the heat now though. Keep wondering if this is my new life. At least I'm have nice nails.

post-300176-14747592950553_thumb.jpg

Double-check with your surgeon's office about the nail polish but some surgeon's have you remove nail polish before surgery.

I'm a man, and I'll bite...

Good for you! My partner and I joined a spa about 2 months ago and I love all of it. (In fact, one of my questions for the surgeon himself on Wednesday -- my surgery day -- concerns when I can resume the services I enjoy.)

In fact, I have an appointment at 11 this morning to get my back waxed. That is no fun, but I have to wear that stupid gown at the hospital, and I am going to make damn sure that I feel as comfortable as possible.

Pamper and enjoy!

EDIT: I didn't realize this was the ladies' area. The message showed up on the right side of the screen in recent posts. (This is my first time to do this, although I have read about people doing it before. It is very easy to do since reading where the post is posted isn't part of my routine on here...)

Edited by blizair09

Yup! I'm totally babying my skin (which my complexion is FLAWLESS on this no carb diet,) applying special creams, getting mani/pedis, and booked a couples 90-minute massage with hubby for November, after on full foods and totally healed.

Momma's ready to take care of herself in every way; working out, skin, grooming, clothes, you name it!

@@blizair09, if you can afford it, I highly recommend laser hair removal. I had my legs, armpits, full bikini done in the 00s -- some of the best money I ever spent. So nice not having to worry about any of it!

I'm a man, and I'll bite...

Good for you! My partner and I joined a spa about 2 months ago and I love all of it. (In fact, one of my questions for the surgeon himself on Wednesday -- my surgery day -- concerns when I can resume the services I enjoy.)

In fact, I have an appointment at 11 this morning to get my back waxed. That is no fun, but I have to wear that stupid gown at the hospital, and I am going to make damn sure that I feel as comfortable as possible.

Pamper and enjoy!

EDIT: I didn't realize this was the ladies' area. The message showed up on the right side of the screen in recent posts. (This is my first time to do this, although I have read about people doing it before. It is very easy to do since reading where the post is posted isn't part of my routine on here...)

Haha I don't think anyone minds

I know you've got to love having that spa. Oh that would be awesome!!! Jelly Beans over here.

Yup! I'm totally babying my skin (which my complexion is FLAWLESS on this no carb diet,) applying special creams, getting mani/pedis, and booked a couples 90-minute massage with hubby for November, after on full foods and totally healed.

Momma's ready to take care of herself in every way; working out, skin, grooming, clothes, you name it!

Love it!

LOVE this idea! Yes I have lots of items that I bought but are still unused. I wish I had thought of this right after surgery. I am certain pampering myself would have been a wonderful thing while recuperating. I do mani-pedis regularly and love the stress relief as well as the cute fingers and toes. I love this idea so much that I am going to make it a priority. We are so worth it :)

LOVE this idea! Yes I have lots of items that I bought but are still unused. I wish I had thought of this right after surgery. I am certain pampering myself would have been a wonderful thing while recuperating. I do mani-pedis regularly and love the stress relief as well as the cute fingers and toes. I love this idea so much that I am going to make it a priority. We are so worth it :)

Yes, it's so nice. I do have a breakout on my cheek, very unusual for me... usually I just have a ruddy complexion. I think it's the detox of the bad crap I've been putting in my body for years.

I love this! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I always try to get a mani pedi every 3-4 weeks. It's supposed to be every 2 but I don't have as much time to get them every 2 weeks so I stretch it out and make it last and typically when I have an event or something scheduled I'll have it done around that so it works out.

I have made sugar (in the raw) and honey scrubs and they are amazing on my face so it's probably about that time to make another one thanks for the reminder :) The last one I made I didn't store it properly so it kept drying out so I have an old container from a brazillian nut body scrub that I can use. I also like to treat myself to yummy products like this Super Minty body scrub by B liss. Nothing like after a nice workout having a mint body scrub to open your pours, invigorate your body and make you feel brand new. Just gotta be careful not to get it in certain areas :/

I also like to treat myself from time to time when I go to the MAC store to pick up new makeup-- if I go on a Sunday or Tuesday when it's not too crazy, I'll have one of the Makeup artists show me a new lip or eye color and makeup my face to complement the new color. This only happens once every few months. I have to pickup new makeup this week so we'll see what happens.

I have a hair appt in 2 weeks-- Getting a new color for the fall! Excited!

@@Candygyrl, I just hit up Sephora and restocked all my pasty winter makeup and bought new lipsticks, whole shooting match! LOL.

I love the Urban Decay line and want to get a new lipstick once a month, just to keep things fresh. I'm so excited to take care of myself again!

I have two toddlers, who are amazing and wonderful, but it's only now that the youngest is going into preschool that I have some time to myself to primp and groom again. It's been five years since I've done my hair, makeup, and clothes/accessories -- all on the same day! LOL.

Momma's got a brand new bag, baby!

Mani, pedi, no more hair color skunk strip, better clothes, massage coming up. Yahoo!