Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Five Year Banniversary!

Well Hellooooooooooooooo Lap Band Land! I haven't been her in a while, but, next Wednesday, September 29th I Celebrate FIVE years with my lapband! I am holding rock steady in the 130s! My highest weight was 218 and being only 5'1" I was miserable. I waited/contemplated many years about having weight loss surgery! I am so happy that I decided to jump into the unknown!

Never in my life would I have dreamed that I would be eating real butter, cheese, and balanced meals. I still say the band is a tool. You have to take care of it, respect it! I eat about half of what I use to before surgery. My choices are better. Actually nurturing my body has become a way of life. Protein up! Walk! Enjoy Food!

Did I mention my bloodwork is awesome? No more high blood pressure, rarely go to the doctor at all. Have not been to my lap band doctor in years. Love John Bagnato in Macon, Georgia! He is marvelous!

Looking forward to the next banniversary and the next and the next.....Will post new pictures soon! Change is good!

Everybody take care, take charge and above all Respect the Band!!!

Jackie O.

Congrats on your amazing success! What a wonderful story!

I adore hearing successful stories from lapband vets. There are still many of us, but many others do not have success. Lots of stories; glad to hear good ones!

December will mark my ten year anniversary and I continue to be thankful for getting off the diet roller coaster [emoji567][emoji567]

Congratulations on your 5 years!!

Edited by Julie norton

Congratulations!

Love these success stories! And I love my band, too. As you say, it is a tool but having that appetite monster off of our backs makes it easy to make good decisions. Here's to health and happiness. Thanks so much for posting -- makes my day to hear from other banders (we are a rarer and rarer breed these days).

@@electronicart Congrats Jackie..... i wish there were more of us still on this site. I get so angry with the GB and Sleeve people bash the band.

I'll be celebrating 7 years Nov. 10. I like you am sooooo happy i did the band. I hope and pray that i get to keep her forever.

Wishing you continued success...

Chris