Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people who have used ESA health (formerly wlf medical)

This is a letter that was published from a patient that went through them and want to prevent anyone from using them

ESA HEALTH/WLF MEDICAL

I am writing you this email because I am very upset, hurt, and in disbelief over how things happened with my surgery. WLF/ESA health was a company I trusted. When you phoned me at my home on August 15th to let me know that Dr. Pompa was unavailable for surgery, I was crushed. Then you told me not to worry because you had arranged for another surgeon to do my surgery on the same date. I felt very much taken care of. I was nervous to have this switch so close to my surgery, but being as I trusted you, and WLF/ESA health, I assumed you had my best interests at heart. I chose to go ahead and continue to put my faith and trust in you and WLF/ESA health, and go ahead with surgery at the new location and with the new surgeon.

On Thursday evening (September 1), I received a phone call from Mexico on my cell phone. It was Dr. Pompa calling to inquire about my upcoming surgery with her on September 7th. I told her I had already had my procedure done already on August 17th as she was unavailable to perform my surgery. She was really confused by this as my surgery was on her schedule for September 7th. Also, Dr. Pompa informed me she was in fact available on August 17th, but her scheduling person had received an email from Julie Creelman (How unethical is this) that I had to cancel due to child care issues as my mother was sick. I was a little in disbelief, so Lili did forward the email to me, and she was telling the truth. How dare does WLF/ESA Health misrepresent me like this? Also, why would WLF/ESA Health misrepresent Dr. Pompa like this?

I was nothing more than a guinea pig for WLF/ESA health to see how things went at the prospective new hospital. I’m extremely hurt and upset that I was lied to in this way. How dare WLF calls me and lies to me like that? How dare Julie send an email saying my mother was sick? Why did WLF/ESA health need to lie to me? Why not tell me the real story and let me make an informed decision on my own? Had I of known I was being used I would have opted to stick with my original plan and go with Dr. Pompa. I had spent a lot of time researching Dr. Pompa and LIMARP. You gambled with my health and my life. Words cannot express how hurt I am right now. I feel very much taken advantage of. My husband is extremely upset by this as well. WLF was a company he had also put his trust in, and he feels like you put your new business venture ahead of my health and well-being. My husband lies awake at night thinking about the what-if’s.

I had requested a copy of my original contract for my files. According to Julie, this contract is no longer valid as the surgery was with a different surgeon. So, if I understand correctly, I do not actually have a contract for the surgery I had? She had suggested (through Facebook message) that Robyn could stop by with the new contract and I could sign and keep a copy for my records. I’m not sure it’s a good idea to sign a contract for a surgery that has already taken place? I’ll certainly take a look at it though, and may need to seek a legal opinion on this.

A couple of other questions I have about my surgery:

1. I paid a high risk fee, but from all doctors I spoke with my surgery was routine. What happens to this extra fee?

2. My husband came as my companion. Originally, he would have stayed in a hotel for the nights I was in hospital, but he roomed in with me. What happens to the extra fee I paid for this?

Again, I am so hurt by this. There was no need to lie to me like this. Who does that? I was not a valued client as I was led to believe, I was a guinea pig for your new business venture, and wasn’t even told about it. You have no idea how hurt, used, frustrated, lied to, I feel. This is beyond shady. My words really can’t describe how much this has hurt me. I also think it’s extremely shady that WLF is now "closing its doors" and will return as ESA Health.

Also I'm in the hospital now in Canada, getting a pick line put in to get feed with "total parenteral nutrition" as still unable to drink anything more than a few sips here and there. certainly not enough to sustain myself. I'm hospitalized right now.

Please contact me at any time