Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op liquid diet: crashed!

I'm halfway through my clear liquid diet & I have stuck to it religiously (protein/vitamins/no solid food/liquid goals)

I've been feeling pretty good (once I got past day 3) BUT this morning I woke up feeling so drained & lifeless. I'm not even hungry just dragging!

I still have a week to go! Is this normal??? Have others experienced this?

I'm anxious about the surgery next week too...

I'm progressively gaining energy as the day goes on but it was really f*cking hard to get out of bed this morning.

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

Yup.....it's a timeframe when you'll have some "blah' moments.

You are doing the right things, though. Just stick it out and profit from your actions.

Things are going to really work out well. Try to remain hydrated and stay busy so you'll not have idle time to think about it.

Yup.....it's a timeframe when you'll have some "blah' moments.

You are doing the right things, though. Just stick it out and profit from your actions.

Things are going to really work out well. Try to remain hydrated and stay busy so you'll not have idle time to think about it.

Thanks for the positive feedback! it's good to know the "blah" moments are normal.

This whole experience is so foreign to me, it's hard to get my bearings as surgery draws closer!

Very normal.

The liquid life is boring.....but seeing the scale move favorably is the payoff. :D

Very normal.

The liquid life is boring.....but seeing the scale move favorably is the payoff. :D

So true! I've lost 8 pounds in a week so that has certainly made the liquid life a bit more palatable!

Very normal.

So true! I've lost 8 pounds in a week so that has certainly made the liquid life a bit more palatable!

There ya go !!!

Great job on the loss you've had so far. 48 lbs prior to surgery....with a week of liquid to go....you are doing really, really well. Much respect. (not sure what's going on with quotes on my response this time.....I goofed)

@@katie09/21/2016

It is absolutely normal. I remember feeling actually brain dead that last week. I could not think straight.

Hubby and I always wrote bills together. I wrote the checks, he entered them into our electronic checkbook and prepared the bills.

That week, I made so many mistakes and he got so pissed at me because he did not realize how messed up I was.

I remember yelling at him. I think the words went something like this: Let me take actual food away from you and give you nothing but Protein shakes and Clear liquids for 14 days and see if your brain works the way it is supposed to!

About a year after my surgery he decided to try the liquid diet just to detox and get a head start on his weight loss. He seriously did not make it past dinner time. He simply could not handle it. LOL

Keep your eye on the prize. You are very close and after surgery you really won't even care. You will have to work hard simply to get your Water and Protein in. Stay very hydrated!

Best of luck to you!

@@katie09/21/2016

It is absolutely normal. I remember feeling actually brain dead that last week. I could not think straight.

Hubby and I always wrote bills together. I wrote the checks, he entered them into our electronic checkbook and prepared the bills.

That week, I made so many mistakes and he got so pissed at me because he did not realize how messed up I was.

I remember yelling at him. I think the words went something like this: Let me take actual food away from you and give you nothing but Protein shakes and Clear Liquids for 14 days and see if your brain works the way it is supposed to!

About a year after my surgery he decided to try the liquid diet just to detox and get a head start on his weight loss. He seriously did not make it past dinner time. He simply could not handle it. LOL

Keep your eye on the prize. You are very close and after surgery you really won't even care. You will have to work hard simply to get your Water and Protein in. Stay very hydrated!

Best of luck to you!

The scene you have just described is exactly what is happening in my house right now haha! The brain fog is very thick!! I'm struggling with figuring out all our bills...or I start a conversation and end up trailing off with a thousand mile stare at the wall lol

My husband is supportive but giving me lots of "what the F is going on with you" comments!!

Thankyou for taking the time to share this with me. I love hearing how all these "abnormal" freaky things are actually normal

Just a thought to think about during the "blah" and "brain dead" moments:

You and Hubby are going to be soooo delighted and "excited" when your hormonal flushing starts! Woot! Woot! Hint that he may want to rest up now. ;)

I just wanted to peek in on your thread and give you something to smile about and let you know that "good times are coming".

You're going to be just fine. Accept this liquid pre-op as a challenge. You're up to it or you wouldn't have made it this far.

Wishing YOU the strength to stay the course. Wishing your HUBBY stamina... ;)

You and Hubby are going to be soooo delighted and "excited" when your hormonal flushing starts! Woot! Woot! Hint that he may want to rest up now. ;)

I just wanted to peek in on your thread and give you something to smile about and let you know that "good times are coming".

You're going to be just fine. Accept this liquid pre-op as a challenge. You're up to it or you wouldn't have made it this far.

Hahaha this certainly made me smile - thank you

I will inform him he needs to start working on his stamina (I'm still laughing!).

So much support from the forums today, I've almost forgotten how miserable I was this morning!

Thanks again

I think that happens to a lot of people. It's probably due to the ultra-low carb and low calorie intake. Just hang in there - it'll soon be over!!

Hahaha this certainly made me smile - thank you

I will inform him he needs to start working on his stamina (I'm still laughing!).

So much support from the forums today, I've almost forgotten how miserable I was this morning!

Thanks again

You are very welcome.

My job here is done... :)

You taking any Multivitamins? that could help.