Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to deal with extra skin before plastics?

I haven't even had my wls yet, but I do have loose skin from my last pregnancy. The skin folds over a little on my lower abdomen and it's hard to live with. It itches like crazy, is always sweaty, and nothing I do seems to help. I assume it will only get worse after wls. Is there anything I can do (some kind of special undergarments??) to help until it's time for me to get it removed?

Shapers, etc, can definitely help. Your dr can prescribe cream and powder (nystatin) that can help immensely, too. It's important to document your issues with your dr so that insurance might cover some of your plastics.

I haven't even had my wls yet, but I do have loose skin from my last pregnancy. The skin folds over a little on my lower abdomen and it's hard to live with. It itches like crazy, is always sweaty, and nothing I do seems to help. I assume it will only get worse after wls. Is there anything I can do (some kind of special undergarments??) to help until it's time for me to get it removed?

I hear ya. I had 4 huge babies, I have a feeling even if I wasn't obese my stomach would not be perfect.

I wear light support undies all the time (well, during the day, at night I wear cotton granny panties, ha) The ones I like are from Vanity Fair, I think, I get them at Walmart.< /p>

For fancy occasions I have worn Spanx but I don't feel the need to be that controlled daily, just under my shorts and tee shirts.

Go to Youtube and search skin after weight loss. People call them "skin flicks". Where you have saggy skin depends on where you carry your weight. Other things like how much you have to lose and age affect how bad your saggy skin is.

I doubt I would ever get plastic surgery. Even people with BAD saggy skin look good in their clothes with the right undergarments. I am almost 54, never going to wear a bikini again or short shorts. And my husband never complains about anything so he won't care.

I have heard of insurance paying for plastics when the skin flap is causing rashes, pain, etc. But if it is just for cosmetic reasons they don't usually pay.

Edited by laceemouse

I like compression stuff. eastbay.com usually is cheaper than Spanx

I like products similar to Spanx. they do not need to be super snug in order to get things moved around enough to avoid problems, so if comfort is more important to you don't worry about that. size up one size. target has a brand that is made by the same company. I also use coconut oil on the fold area - keeps it so that it doesn't get irritated if it rubs skin on skin and I believe helps prevent infections. I use it as a body lotion all over, actually - so it actually helps the same issues under the boobs.

yes, antiperspirant under the fold, keeps it dry.

Laceemouse want to hear. more from you, I'm facing my surgery soon, I'm 70* overage but systemwide young enough that I'm going ahead. Tell me how you're doing okay?

Sent from my S55 using the

BariatricPal App

Edited by Rosey posey

Laceemouse want to hear. more from you, I'm facing my surgery soon, I'm 70* overage but systemwide young enough that I'm going ahead. Tell me how you're doing okay?

Sent from my S55 using the

BariatricPal App

I'm 61 and going for it too.

CW 227 5'5" 61yrs

I'm BMI 45 and 5ft 10 yeah big i'm, tired of hearing from in-laws "she's so pretty in the face but.." I'm not deaf I heard you clearly so don't pretend I'm not here. I don't mention the hair growing out of your ears or that your wife is ugly in face and manner and has a screechy voice. So why pick o.n my size. ? Sorry sometimes I get her up about life.

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App