Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my gastric bypass surgery in December 2008. My beginning weight was 254 pounds. I got all the way down to 170 pounds. In 2012 I noticed the weight starting to creep up on me. I tried every diet and nothing helped so I decided to go and get the band placed over my bypass. The band was installed on April 29, 2016. And here we are in September and I haven't lost 1 pound and I've had three fills. When I told the doctor he told me, at least I haven't gained. I'm starting to get discouraged please help with any suggestions you may have or any success story you may have. I don't see any forms that talk about people who have had gastric bypass and the band placed over it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have a feeling that your situation is unusual. Revision seems most often from band to sleeve or bypass. A few years back, however, I met someone who did what you did.

Whether the band is diminishing your appetite yet, are you eating properly to lose weight? The band isn't magical. We're still the ones who do the work. As you found with bypass, regain is possible with any of the surgeries.

Has anyone taken time to be sure you understand that it can take several adjustments before the band becomes a working partner? The amount of saline in a band is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is having the amount that works for the particular individual. It's also true that even after a band is optimally adjusted, all can change. The band was long known as "the fickle bittch" for that reason.

I can't say "don't be discouraged" because you already are. How about "look at it with renewed determination?"

P.S. There's a brand new forum for people who have regained weight. You may want to take a look. I'll see if I can find a link for you and will be right back.

Here it is. The forum is set up for any number of topics, but right now, this is it I think. There are other topics announcing the new forum, but they are not part of the forum. (I think.)

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/376815-wow-i-am-so-humbled/

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

You might also want to try the surgery practice's support group. If there is none, call other hospitals in your area. They probably welcome "outsider" patients to their groups. I've heard of only one hospital somewhere that didn't.