Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve people, how was your recovery?

Other than the first day, my recovery has been easy. I could drink 64 oz water/day without any pain or problems, my Protein shakes, Soups go down with no problems. I'm on day 8. I feel almost like I didn't have surgery. I was wondering if my recovery is much easier than others because I had the band for many years (since 2009).

If you had the band to sleeve revision, was your recovery easy or difficult? Thanks in advance!

Other than the first day, my recovery has been easy. I could drink 64 oz water/day without any pain or problems, my Protein shakes, Soups go down with no problems. I'm on day 8. I feel almost like I didn't have surgery. I was wondering if my recovery is much easier than others because I had the band for many years (since 2009).

If you had the band to sleeve revision, was your recovery easy or difficult? Thanks in advance!

Yep, us band to sleeve patients have it completely different. I haven't had any problems with eating or drinking anything, which disturbed me for months. I expected all the things I read on here - BIG mistake!! I don't have to chew a million times and I can chug Water just like before. Another thing, us revision patients lose SLOWLY as I found out only after surgery. My surgeon doesn't really have an explanation as to why this is, but he says it is indeed a fact.

As far as the surgery itself and post op, I had quite a bit of pain because of my 2nd hiatal hernia repair. Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside of me, lol.

Wish you well! Hope you have a little quicker weight loss than I am having. But it's still better than before :)

Yep, us band to sleeve patients have it completely different. I haven't had any problems with eating or drinking anything, which disturbed me for months. I expected all the things I read on here - BIG mistake!! I don't have to chew a million times and I can chug Water just like before. Another thing, us revision patients lose SLOWLY as I found out only after surgery. My surgeon doesn't really have an explanation as to why this is, but he says it is indeed a fact.

As far as the surgery itself and post op, I had quite a bit of pain because of my 2nd hiatal hernia repair. Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside of me, lol.

Wish you well! Hope you have a little quicker weight loss than I am having. But it's still better than before :)

Thank you for replying, and for the useful information, Susan!

I posted a question similar to this one on the sleeve forum. How is recovery? And did you stay in the hospital ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Recovery was pretty easy except the first 4 hrs. Mouth really dry, had to keep sucking on ice chips, felt like I got ran over by a truck or two lol.

I had an outpatient band to sleeve revision, I was there like for 11 hrs. total. I slept all of the 2nd day, and the 3rd day on was a breeze. Stopped pain meds after the 3rd day. I'm on day 18 now.

I hate that feeling after surgery lol I'm glad your recovery is going well and hopefully my surgery goes good like yours. Did they use the same scars from the first procedure? (I'm so sorry for all the questions)

I hate that feeling after surgery lol I'm glad your recovery is going well and hopefully my surgery goes good like yours. Did they use the same scars from the first procedure? (I'm so sorry for all the questions)

I wish you well and a great recovery too.

Ask away, I don't mind at all. Nope, they didn't... I wish they did. I have 7 incisions vs 5 tiny ones from my lapband. My lap band ones disappeared all the way. This time I have railroad tracks (aka staples). I bought some mederma to put on them since they look pretty bad. They seem to be much larger this time around too. I can understand why though, the sleeve is way more invasive than the lap band.

Very true and ouch! To the staples >.< hopefully your surgeon removes them soon. This is something I'll ask my surgeon when I see her (about the staples) and when you were banded, did you have acid reflux or heart burn ? And if you did, is it better now with the sleeve?

My staples were removed on day 3 when I went home. Since my LapBand scars turned white after 1 year I am hoping these will as well. One thing my PCP told me is don't allow sun to get to them, sun promotes scarring. My recovery was super easy too. Except sipping Water, that hurt for about 3 weeks. It felt like it "dried" my stomach out. I had a dry - pulling feeling that eventually passed. The weird thing was it didn't happen with broth or Protein Shakes only water, I even found myself adding SF flavor sticks to my water to lessen the discomfort.

Very true and ouch! To the staples >.< hopefully your surgeon removes them soon. This is something I'll ask my surgeon when I see her (about the staples) and when you were banded, did you have acid reflux or heart burn ? And if you did, is it better now with the sleeve?

Only one night, otherwise nope. I was too tight once, and every time I fell asleep the acid and food would rush up my throat. I went to the doctor the next morning and got some liquid taken out asap.

My staples were removed on day 3 when I went home. Since my LapBand scars turned white after 1 year I am hoping these will as well. One thing my PCP told me is don't allow sun to get to them, sun promotes scarring. My recovery was super easy too. Except sipping Water, that hurt for about 3 weeks. It felt like it "dried" my stomach out. I had a dry - pulling feeling that eventually passed. The weird thing was it didn't happen with broth or Protein shakes only Water, I even found myself adding SF flavor sticks to my water to lessen the discomfort.

That's interesting and you are not the first that I heard that anything but water gave no problems. So strange. :) Awesome your recovery was super easy too.

My coworker had the band like I do and was revised. He was back to work within a week. lol Must have been easy for him too.

I had my revision on Monday and this is painful. I finally had gas today but it didn't smell like most others said it would. I chalked that up to the pre diet requirements. I had to take tums and Benefiber during the liquid stage. I'm not hungry but I do have to follow the 4 week diet. I hate the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved 9-20, band removed 4 months prior. So this is 9 days out, can get the Protein in w Protein shakes. Staples removed yesterday and I feel more abdominal pain today, not stomach necessarily, almost feels muscular in nature. Anyone else have this?

Sleeved 9-20, band removed 4 months prior. So this is 9 days out, can get the Protein in w Protein shakes. Staples removed yesterday and I feel more abdominal pain today, not stomach necessarily, almost feels muscular in nature. Anyone else have this?

Yes, probably all of us. It feels like you've done a million sit ups. Hurts to twist or bend over... Etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App