Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us September sleevers who already are post surgery! I know there were a few others in addition to myself this week.

My surgery was the 6th. The first two days was non-stop nausea. The other two ladies that got sleeved by Dr. Michel Gagner that day with me did not suffer from nausea. At least that phase seems to be over for me. The second day was painful. Every movement hurt, but as long as I stayed on top of pain meds it was manageable.

I'm off pain meds today (was on them for 3 days including surgery day). I'm not sure if that's typical, but I think it would be very normal if anyone that needs to be on them much longer. I was given a several day supply that I hope might sit unused. I might have gotten lucky on that topic.

I am able to sip a bit more clear fluids than I was the first couple of days. No more gurgling, feeling like I'm going to vomit then it turns into a burp instead! I've also been sleeping a lot and that's ok.

Looking forward to starting full fluids including Protein next week, then purees! Oh and driving again!

How are all the rest of you feeling? Hope everyone is managing in these first few days. I know it will get easier for all of us :). I hope we can all support each other through both the good positive updates and the more challenging times.

Shell

I got sleeved on Sep 8th and the first day was okay given I was heavily medicated. The 2nd day post op is uncomfortable but I wouldn't say unbearable. The main issue is gas and I found that lying flat helps channel gases to go out instead of collect under the diaphragm when sitting at an angle.

So far it's been hard to tell when I get full, if I am hungry or its gas pains. I think once gas subsides the circuitry will work again.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ah, nice post. Thank you for checking up on us! hehe

I'm feeling good. I was sleeved on the 2nd so I'm on day 8. I checked in at 5 am, surgery at 7 and released at 4 pm, band to sleeve revision done as outpatient. The first day was really hard, I felt dizzy and weak, incision pain...etc. Day 2, I mainly slept all day, and after that it's been great.

I almost feel like I didn't have the surgery (except for the soreness of the incisions). I have no issues drinking Water, I feel like I could gulp it but I don't. My Protein shakes are going down smoothly, although at first I didn't have much of an appetite, averaging ~464 cal/day. I drank 64 oz+ Water today with no issues. The first 2-3 days I took the pain and nausea meds because I'm prone to motion sickness so luckily I never felt nauseous. I lived on Gas-X strips to relieve that darn gas pain. Now I'm just taking my antacid twice a day.

Again, ty for your post and checking up on us!

Ah, nice post. Thank you for checking up on us! hehe

I'm feeling good. I was sleeved on the 2nd so I'm on day 8. I checked in at 5 am, surgery at 7 and released at 4 pm, band to sleeve revision done as outpatient. The first day was really hard, I felt dizzy and weak, incision pain...etc. Day 2, I mainly slept all day, and after that it's been great.

I almost feel like I didn't have the surgery (except for the soreness of the incisions). I have no issues drinking Water, I feel like I could gulp it but I don't. My Protein shakes are going down smoothly, although at first I didn't have much of an appetite, averaging ~464 cal/day. I drank 64 oz+ Water today with no issues. The first 2-3 days I took the pain and nausea meds because I'm prone to motion sickness so luckily I never felt nauseous. I lived on Gas-X strips to relieve that darn gas pain. Now I'm just taking my antacid twice a day.

Again, ty for your post and checking up on us!

Happy to hear you're both recovering and managing as well :)

@@DesertWarrior - The gas has been bad for me as well, though better today it seems.

@ - Lucky you're already on Protein shakes! I have to wait another 2-3 days apparently, but meanwhile I'm savoring my broths.

Great day all! I was sleeved on 9/6. I'm feeling pretty good. I didn't take any pain meds yesterday. It's becoming easier to swallow.Im taking a chewable Multivitamin twice daily which I think is helping a lot with my energy levels. I am looking forward to eating with my family again. I have my post op appt on Tuesday. I plan to return to work on 9/19. Thanks for this thread!

Female

NC

HW:280

HT:5'9"

VSG:9/6/16

Greay idea!! I would love to be apart of this thread. I was sleeved on Sept. 2nd I didn't have the gas pains, but for the 1st 3 days I had left shoulder and neck pain. My chest and throat had the flem feeling. It was so hard to cough!! Not sure if that was from the trach tube or I had an upper hiatal hernia repair.

I was on Clear Liquids for the 1st 6 days and HATED the liquid protien drinks. I was lucky if I got 30g a day. Yesterday I said screw it, I want a real protien shake & had no problem drinking 12oz of my powdered chocolate Isopure with Water 50g of protien. It was delicios!! It took about 3 hours to drink it. I'm feeling great I'm down 6 lbs from surgery date. Good luck Ya'all!!

5'2

SW 189.9

CW 183.3

Turtle5559

I have been put on clear liquids diet for 7 days consisting of broth, apple juice and Water (plus green tea). Has anyone been given Vitamins in week 1?

Yeah, I was told to take them when I get home. I started the B12, Calcium, vit D plus that Multivitamin daily patch.

Congratulations to all of you and I wish each of you a well and speedy recovery! I can't wait to be on that side....9/22 here I come!

I love reading this thread! So happy for all of you who are on the other side of surgery :) 9/21 here, hope to get to know a few more people better on the forums. I'm really nervous at this point!

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

I have been put on clear liquids diet for 7 days consisting of broth, apple juice and Water (plus green tea). Has anyone been given Vitamins in week 1?

Yeah, I was told to take them when I get home. I started the B12, Calcium, vit D plus that multivitamin daily patch.

I was told to only start the Vitamins after the first week. That's coming soon though!

Great day all! I was sleeved on 9/6. I'm feeling pretty good. I didn't take any pain meds yesterday. It's becoming easier to swallow.Im taking a chewable multivitamin twice daily which I think is helping a lot with my energy levels. I am looking forward to eating with my family again. I have my post op appt on Tuesday. I plan to return to work on 9/19. Thanks for this thread!

Female

NC

HW:280

HT:5'9"

VSG:9/6/16

Hey @@ChocolateDropp7 I was wondering how things went for you this week! Happy to hear you're well. I taking a week longer, but I could honestly go back next week and feel find I think. Soo it will be some nice downtime anyway :)

@@turtle5569 - I had a hard time coughing too. I had to hold a pillow against my belly then I could do it.

Edited by Shell Renewed

@dessertwarrior I was hungry after a few days. I was like wait a minute I thought I wasn't supposed to be hungry anymore. I had a hard time drinking the liquid protien. When I started my powered protien shakes it made a huge difference. I'm on week 2 and having creamed Soups too. Yummy!!

Turtle5559

Hi there! Sleeved on 9/7. I feel a bit better each day. Lots of pain the first few days, but have been off the pain meds for the last three days. Experiencing some lightheaded-ness, I'm getting at least 50-60oz of Fluid so my team doesn't think it's dehydration. It's annoying. I have three weeks of liquid and I'm pretty darn sick of shakes.