Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 of the Journey

So, my PCP suggested I see the surgeon. I am 225lbs 5'4. I have high blood pressure that I just can not seem to get under control with the medication. The medication makes me feel awful and I am on 3 different pills. My mother passed away from complications due to HTN at age 45 and the closer I get to 45 (I am 39), the more anxiety I have. Well, I saw the surgeon yesterday and he said I can start the process! I spoke with the Financial/Insurance person. She says I meet the criteria set by my insurance company (Aetna-Innovation Health). She said that it is a fairly simple process for my insurance company. I have to have a psych eval due to me taking Zoloft for anxiety (I am a veteran) and take the 90 day supervised nutrition class which I start on next Wednesday the 14th. I also have to have an upper G I, which I will do in a couple of months. I can't believe that I am getting this opportunity. I have struggled with my weight for so long, I had almost given up on ever getting control of it. I also have to stop smoking, I haven't smoked in 2 days but I pray this isn't going to be a big challenge. I asked myself, "Do you wanna ruin this opportunity for yourself or do you want to take charge of your life?" I know I can do it! Soooooo.......lets see how this goes!

Day one is such a pivotal moment. The journey may be long and at times arduous, but it's worth it in the end. You are now one day closer to a happier healthier life. Congrats! Many don't even make it this far so be proud and stand tall.

So, I have completed 2 of the nutrition classes. 1 to go. I have not smoked in 25 days.....Almost a Month! I am really getting anxious. I see all these success stories and I am excited to join in. Still here.....ready to keep moving forward!

Great job on quitting smoking! I know how difficult that is to do( I quit a few years ago) but so worth it. I see we are seeing the same doctor! I have my first appointment this Thursday. I am feeling so ready for this. I have not decided between the Gastric sleeve or the bypass yet. I have done the research but would like the docs input. Since we are local lets keep in touch and keep each other motivated for every step of this journey!

Wow....I haven't updated since October 4th!!! Well, I got an approval and a surgery date!!

Feb 6th......nervous and excited!

Wow....I haven't updated since October 4th!!! Well, I got an approval and a surgery date!!

Feb 6th......nervous and excited!

That is awesome! I am waiting on insurance but they said I should be able to be scheduled the middle of February. I really like and trust Dr. Moazzez. I know you will be fine!

Cool! It's nice to talk to someone who has the same surgeon!

I just got my surgery date- feb7! We might be in the hospital at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So, my PCP suggested I see the surgeon. I am 225lbs 5'4. I have high blood pressure that I just can not seem to get under control with the medication. The medication makes me feel awful and I am on 3 different pills. My mother passed away from complications due to HTN at age 45 and the closer I get to 45 (I am 39), the more anxiety I have. Well, I saw the surgeon yesterday and he said I can start the process! I spoke with the Financial/Insurance person. She says I meet the criteria set by my insurance company (Aetna-Innovation Health). She said that it is a fairly simple process for my insurance company. I have to have a psych eval due to me taking Zoloft for anxiety (I am a veteran) and take the 90 day supervised nutrition class which I start on next Wednesday the 14th. I also have to have an upper G I, which I will do in a couple of months. I can't believe that I am getting this opportunity. I have struggled with my weight for so long, I had almost given up on ever getting control of it. I also have to stop smoking, I haven't smoked in 2 days but I pray this isn't going to be a big challenge. I asked myself, "Do you wanna ruin this opportunity for yourself or do you want to take charge of your life?" I know I can do it! Soooooo.......lets see how this goes!

I have to quit smoking myself and even though I don't smoke a whole lot, I do enjoy a cig when I drink. I know I won't be drinking for a while after surgery so I guess I need to get it over with now! Best of luck to you and we can do this!!!!

Wow! That is so cool! Congrats!!!

I just got my surgery date- feb7! We might be in the hospital at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I saw my PCP yesterday to work on getting clearance for surgery. My blood pressure is too high,155/110. She also did an EKG and later told me I would need to see a cardiologist for clearance due to changes since my last EKG in 2015. She put me on a beta blocker and told me to come back in a week to follow up. In the meantime, I will be seeing a cardiologist on Friday and am anticipating a stress test or an echo or both. Luckily, I am the supervisor for the Cardiac Diagnostics scheduling and registration department so I anticipate being able to get this all done before I see the surgeon for the last time before surgery on the 26th. Everything is moving right along. I will go and pick up everything I need for the 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. I will be starting this on Sunday. Time is going by really fast. The hiccup with the blood pressure really reminded as to why this is important. I am so tired of dealing with this issue.

I saw my PCP yesterday to work on getting clearance for surgery. My blood pressure is too high,155/110. She also did an EKG and later told me I would need to see a cardiologist for clearance due to changes since my last EKG in 2015. She put me on a beta blocker and told me to come back in a week to follow up. In the meantime, I will be seeing a cardiologist on Friday and am anticipating a stress test or an echo or both. Luckily, I am the supervisor for the Cardiac Diagnostics scheduling and registration department so I anticipate being able to get this all done before I see the surgeon for the last time before surgery on the 26th. Everything is moving right along. I will go and pick up everything I need for the 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. I will be starting this on Sunday. Time is going by really fast. The hiccup with the blood pressure really reminded as to why this is important. I am so tired of dealing with this issue.

I also had to get cardiac clearance. My EKG is abnormal 2 out of 3 times. I have had 4 stress tests in the last 10 years- always looks good including the echo. That works out nicely that you can get yourself in quickly! I hope that everything goes well!

I understand about your BP issue being a reminder. I feel like their have been so many changes in my body in the last year- as if it is giving up. Just in the last month- BP, Diabetes and now an issue with my thyroid. I am looking forward to getting healthy! I start the liquid on Tuesday the 24th. I see him the 26th also- what time is your appointment? Mine is at 8:30 but I will be there most of the day because I have to wait around for the 2:00 group nutrition class.

I also had to get cardiac clearance. My EKG is abnormal 2 out of 3 times. I have had 4 stress tests in the last 10 years- always looks good including the echo. That works out nicely that you can get yourself in quickly! I hope that everything goes well!

I understand about your BP issue being a reminder. I feel like their have been so many changes in my body in the last year- as if it is giving up. Just in the last month- BP, Diabetes and now an issue with my thyroid. I am looking forward to getting healthy! I start the liquid on Tuesday the 24th. I see him the 26th also- what time is your appointment? Mine is at 8:30 but I will be there most of the day because I have to wait around for the 2:00 group nutrition class.

I have the class at 2pm on the 26th as well and I see him after the class at 4:30.