Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Surgiversary !

OK, time flies, and my 6 months post op are coming up in few days.

I wrote a detailed 3 months post op journey, with all the great health changes and weight loss.

I am still enjoying the great health changes, and my weight is still going down, albeit bit slower now.

No more acid reflux for me, yay! Weaning myself off Nexium slowly, and so far so good.

I want to show few photos, I have 2 lots of Befores, as I was slim prior to my massive, rapid weight gain in 2014-2016.

So, here are a couple of me in 2009, and 2013

post-288435-0-91915100-1472966952_thumb.jpg

Then the 2014-2016 photos. I hate them, especially the one on the right. The weight gain aged me so much, and I felt deformed, my eyes became slits, big arms etc. I actually don't have a photo of myself at my heaviest (222 Ib), I refused to have photos taken by then, and couldn't look in the mirror. I put on 90.2 Ib in 2 years!

post-288435-0-14300000-1472967247_thumb.jpg

And finally post WLS, at 3 months (left) and now (right).

I will take some body shots soon and post these.

For now, just face shots, but I feel like I had a natural face lift :)

Starting to look normal again. Still have 22-30 Ib to go, but already the changes are great!

post-288435-0-41373900-1472967473_thumb.jpg

Very happy with my sleeve!

Wow!! You're right you look much younger! You look great! Congrats!!!

Thank you dear ladies and fellow sleevers!

I remember at one stage that 6 months post op was so far away, and I couldn't wait to get there.

And now it has arrived.

Yes, myself or anyone else after losing lot of weight look lot younger and lot more attractive. And feel lot more healthier and happier.

I hope to be at my target weight before this year ends.

Good luck to us all ! :)

Congrats!!! I'm still waiting on my surgery date but this just makes me more excited!!!!

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

@@rebelchelz

Thank you! I hope you get your date soon :)

I was supposed to be sleeved originally in July 2015, but had to wait 9 months because I was diagnosed with Graves Disease ( Hyper-thyroid) by my surgeon's Endo. Had to stabilise my damn thyroid first ..... it took 9 months!

So, I hope all goes smoothly for you and that you get your date soon.

Best Wishes!

I think you look beautiful in all your pics! But yes, the change is very dramatic. Congratulations on your success and hard work. And thanks for telling us about your nine month wait. I'm still waiting on my surgery date...had a set back when my surgeon up and quit. But at least it is probably only a one or two month set back!

@@Hollyhock

Thank you! Yes the change is massive, and I am not at goal yet.

Yes, the process requires adhering to post op guidelines, and creating different habits and fair bit of discipline as well.

I fell off the wagon few times, but picked myself up and went back to basics.

I hope your delay is not too long, and I look forward to hearing your post op journey and successes :)

Congrats, you look awesome I can totally identify with how weight gain can change your facial features. At 274 # I had a double, no make that triple chins with full hanging cheeks and my eyes were just slits, I avoided pictures like the plague. I feel and have been told I look a lot younger with my weight loss but I'm still a work in progress.

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Christy5913

Thank you! Yes, it is amazing what obesity does to the face. I really felt deformed and looked so much older.

I had to see my Endo yesterday, and she did not recognise me! Last time she saw me was in May, and I have lost significant amount since then. She told me I looked great :)

You're doing great too, and so we just keep going on this journey, one day at a time. And with time the results get better and better.

I still have to lose more, and I am finding that at 6 months my weight loss is slowing down a bit, but it still happens.

So, we are both work in progress, and I wish both of us gold medals at the finish line!

Absolutely awesome!! You're right about the instant face lift lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@LisaMergs

Thank you! All the hard work is paying off!

My Endo did not recognise me few days ago, LOL.

Very thankful to WLS for having a slimmer body and a younger face :)

@@doingitmyway

I lost 64 Ib (29 kg). Probably would have lost bit more, but I was bit slack with my exercises lately.

I gained 90 Ib (41 kg) in 2 years 2014-2016 partly due to my Graves Disease (hyper-thyroid) doing 180 degree turn, and mucking up my metabolism. I developed awful sweet and fatty foods cravings, so I had a massive, rapid weight gain.

I would love to lose another 33 Ib. My weight loss has slowed down a bit when I hit 6 months post op.

So, I am plodding along .....

I find it hard to take a full body selfie.

Here is one below, the toilet is stealing the show ..... LOL

May need to ask someone to take a full body shot for me.

post-288435-0-57511800-1473752920_thumb.jpg

And another face shot. My eyes are back!

post-288435-0-51283800-1473752967_thumb.jpg