Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow. With the exit of so many vets...

Haven't been here in awhile, went into maintenance phase at two years. Kind of got busy. Just started checking back in. Started lossing again six months ago... Got me thinking about this site.

now that you mention it, it's seemed slow to me as well. Not nearly as many postings. Odd.

I think so too. Summer can be busy... But it would be great to see some vets posting more. I must say nothing particularly new happening here....

Well there was a sketchy guy yesterday trying to get into a car down the block. I called and the sheriff took over...rare incident in a small town. Used the app "Nextdoor" and found out more from neighbors. Thankful I had it.

i too wish it would pick up a bit. i have been away for several months but have gained 20 lbs and seeing a new surgeon in 12 days (changed insurance and can't see the old one). i'm really looking forward to 'starting over' and really getting back in the groove of being a bari patient. i TRIED to be a normal regular person and well...20 lbs. wish me luck

I just reconnected on FB with one of the vets and she will start to post again, but yes...while looking up older posts, I see how many of the people who helped and supported me, gone gone gone.

I can only hope they are doing well, and be grateful that when I was a newbie, they were here for me. This site, and the people on it, were integral in my success and I'll never forget them. :mellow:

This place has REALLY slowed down. And not just this particular section, the entire site.

What a shame. A great wealth of knowledge was lost...

That does not give you permission to leave so don't get any big ideas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

This place has REALLY slowed down. And not just this particular section, the entire site.

What a shame. A great wealth of knowledge was lost...

That does not give you permission to leave so don't get any big ideas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I've definitely got a few toes out the door. If it wouldn't make a few so happy, I'd be gone already. ;) :D

I left because I was bullied and insulted and basically trolled upon. I wonder if others felt the same. [emoji53] there were some bad apples. I'm back because I want to help out newbies, share my experience, and help anyone struggling with maintenance.

I've been gone because in October I fell and broke my back. It took me til January to go to the doctor and my then he said I was in critical condition and they took me by ambulance to the best hospital in the state, 200 miles away.

I wasn't on my computer for months.

I am okay. I will never be the same. There is a big hole in my spine where the infection that was caused by the crumbled discs. I had to give myself IV antibiotics for 8 weeks and I am now on oral antibiotics for 6 months. I hate them.

It's painful to walk, let alone work out. I loved working out and doing my exercises with weights. I am a lot flabbier than I was cause I lost a lot of muscle.

@Oregondaisy

I'm sorry this happened to you. Can you do chair workouts once you get your strength back?

Yes, I need to start working out. I need to strengthen my core. So, I have to start doing exercises at home. I know how to exercise, I just preferred to do it at the gym. It doesn't make sense for me to join the gym again when there's so many of the machines I can't use.

My back surgery caused me to lose my appetite for a long time so I did lose my regain and that's a really good thing!