Saxenda

6 posts in this topic

Wondering if there others that are getting a surgery but are starting out doing the Saxenda injections. I started on the Saxenda on 8/9/16 and have lost almost 15lbs from my HW. I really like it. Anyone else?

Did it for 4 months. Worked great, definitely not hungry. Lost almost 20 lbs. Went off of it because the price was obscene at best, criminal at worst. Promptly gained the weight back.plus another 10. I could have bought a used car for what I spent on it. Now opting for VSG,

1 person likes this

To Meow999 - just so you know it is very easy to regain weight with the sleeve. You have to stay away from carbs forever.... It is only a tool and if your mind isn't truly into the program, you will regain. Good luck

I'd be interested to find out if anybody is using Saxenda AFTER having WLS?

I had my one year check up with my surgeon's PA yesterday (9/6), and we talked about how much more weight I wanted to lose (I've currently lost 177 pounds but would like to lose another 50 at least). We went over some things to help achieve that goal, but she mentioned at this point the weight loss would be slow at best.

Today I received a voice mail from her that when she talked to my surgeon about me later in the day, he recommended possibly taking Saxenda. If I was interested in taking it to contact them back.

I haven't yet contacted them back, but I did think it seemed odd to consider taking it now over a year out of WLS.

Edited by DangerMouse007

Regarding easy weight gain with the sleeve, I am not big into carbs anyway. My routine diet is primarily Protein and veggies anyway. Granted I picked up the weight over years of really bad dietary choices. I just have a horrible time getting it off. My issue is quantity, pure and simple. I don't comprehend full.

I don't know who said this but..."How much Healthy Choice ice cream can you eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?"

I have a lap band, gosh I can't remember off hand the date I got it! Funny, never thought I'd forget that date! Well anyway, I've had it for a good 5 years maybe. I lost 80 pounds then all weight loss stopped. After speaking with my doctor, we believe it's my having PCOS that adds to the difficulties in finishing my weight loss goals. So.... she suggested I try Saxenda. I just started (3days in), so it's hard to give you a true opinion but I've lost 4 pounds so far. I know, it's really Water loss. But I'm hopeful this will help me achieve my full weight loss goal. I'm 239 now and I really want to be around 175 but I'd be thrilled to be under 200. I know this conversation thread is older, but I hope someone reads it! I'd love to hear how you all have done.

1 person likes this