Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for sept 2. Nervous

I have no regrets. My advice is to follow your liquid diet exactly as they tell you to. Do not eat or drink quickly after surgery, because it will hurt. What are you nervous about?

Most people seem to regret at first because, hello, major surgery!

But they usually stop feeling regret once they start seeing the results!!

Good luck, let us know how it goes, be excited about starting your new life :)

Most people seem to regret at first because, hello, major surgery!

But they usually stop feeling regret once they start seeing the results!!

Good luck, let us know how it goes, be excited about starting your new life :)

Oh yeah! People do regret it for about 2-4 days afterward because of the pain and the inability to swallow too much liquid. It's a challenge. I regretted it slightly on the 2nd day. But afterwards, I was so happy I did it.

Nervs only because I am a single mom, what if something happens - that stuff. Also what if I am the one person this doesn't work for.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh, I'm sorry. I know this is scary, but once it's done, you'll realize it was not that scary.

Go into this knowing that this WILL work for you. This surgery has an 89% success rate to keep people from gaining their weight back for the next 10 years. And by the time 10 years comes around, you've already completely changed your lifestyle when it comes to food and exercise. You will do great! :)

Thanks everyone. I am on a liquid diet today. My nerves have kept hunger away.

That's great! (kinda, lol) It's normal to feel nervous. I didn't feel nervous (which probably makes me not normal, lmao). I was more excited, I guess. If you're worried about something bad happening during surgery, remember that the death rate for bariatric surgery is less than 1% in the first 30 days after the procedure. That means that the death rate is higher for people who get a hip replacement or a gallbladder removal. Crazy, right? :) I was shocked by how easy this surgery was. I feel completely normal while I'm dropping weight.

My nurse explained about the risk factor being extremely low because this surgery is only scheduled after monthly counseling sessions with a nutritionist, after counseling session with a nurse, after talking with a surgeon, after weight loss, blood work and Insurance scrutiny. All these things are done pre-surgery to ensure that we have the best outcome possible. Take solace in knowing that all of these things are working together for our wonderful new life experience.

If you're a single mom, think of it this way.....what if you DON'T get your weight under control?

How did the surgery go?

Anyone have regrets or advice?

hope everything went well

I had mine in March lost 44 lbs do not regret the surgery one bit best thing i ever did. Sorry I didnt do it earlier! Good luck i think i can say everyone feels that way it is major surgery. But as long as you do what they say you will be ok.

I think everyone regrets that second or third day . But than on wow you start feeling great about weight loss . I was 296 pounds down to 249 . I am starting second week after surgery looking forward to my new life . Do everything they tell you to do don't cheat it will only hurt you . Try to keep busy think of how your health will Change. It's a long hall and a big change of life . I am worried about going back to old ways just keep praying for Gods help and keep talking to the doctor so much help there to keep you straight. Good luck everyone and God Bless everyone taking this long journey for your health

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Don't use narcotic pain medicine unless absolutely necessary. I was up walking that night, felt great the next morning. walked all the way down to radiology to do my swallow study and was already able to pass gas and have bowel movements the next day. the narcotics don't help the colic pain anyhow. just breathing seemed to help mine. And you continue to get it every time you eat or drink follow your diet is close as possible. I don't really have any regrets but I do miss being able to drink regular beverages food isn't so bad because you can put one bite and you're not just to get the taste and get it over with. And no time at all you have an aversion to that food anyways it makes you sick