Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody struggling?

I had my gastric sleeve done on 6th may 2016, I did weigh 19stone 2 pounds. Almost 5 months later I'm only down to 17 stone 1....

I was never given a diet plan from my doctor although I was given a very basic sheet stating liquids to puréed to soft to solids after around 6 weeks.....there was no mention of needing Protein ..... Just to follow a low fat diet. It was actually this site that helped me as a member kindly shared the diet sheets she was given. So I felt better informed after that.

Now due to a lot of stress going on at home with my mother in law now being terminal with brain cancer and we go everyday and make lunch and dinner for both parents...I've found myself going back to my old eating habits.....I started to over eat and end up in pain and throwing up a lot, so I've started simply snacking through the day.....my diet is now basically crisps, cheese or cup-a-Soups. I've even started having a drink of vodka most nights :(

I think the only reason I'm managing to stay awake or have any energy is due to the amount of Vitamins and minerals I take everyday.

My weight is going from 16.13 to 17.1 .... When I weigh myself every few days.

Is anybody else struggling this way?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Stress is a terrible thing.....but it's also time for you to work to get a handle on your eating issues. Reach out to your bariatric team....your NUT or a counselor.....someone. You know what you're doing wrong.....now do what it takes to get it under control.

Good luck!

I had my surgery on January 5th and I am struggling right now. I haven't lost any weight since June and I am struggling to get to the gym and not cheating.

I'm going to start the gym when the kids go back to school hopefully, even if I just go swimming once or twice. I understand how hard it is to not be able to get there tho. x

I'm very sorry to hear the news about your mother-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Living with constant stress challenges most folks on the best of days.

Stick as close to your food plan as you possibly can. Try and get a walk in on most days; something is better than nothing. If you get to the gym, even better. Exercise is a great tool for managing stress.

Considering all that your are dealing with now with your family, if I were, I'd do everything I could to keep the rest of my life outside of my family as simple as possible.

Be sure to take time for yourself for some good self-care. If you don't take care of YOU, you may set yourself up for not being able to take care of your loved ones.

I've attached the information my WLS team provided to me. I hope it will help you and give you some suggestions and additional guidance.

GASTRIC SLEEVE INFORMATION - Generic.doc

Aw thank you for your very kind words. My kids go back to school on wed next week and I have an introduction to a gym near me next Friday. Time for me to grab hold of the reigns again xx

You need to stop eating the crisps and cup o Soups first. Lots and lots of protein!! NO CARBS for two weeks, get your body back into fat burning mode!! Eat things like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, fish, eggs. If you like the cup of Soup make some boullion and drink that. Have a high Protein shake in place of a meal. You just fell aside the road for a bit - now jump back on the road and take off running. :-)