Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery in 08/15/16, two weeks on Monday. I wonder if anybody else has that problem. I am so exhausted. I have no energy. Is that normal and if so when does it end? I sleep all day I still have lost a lot. Two weeks 24 pounds.

Thanks DRK

267/243/225

Surgery date 08/15/16

I believe that it is common for some individuals to feel exhausted for the first few weeks after surgery. It could be caused by several problems.

The three most important elements after RNY gastric bypass surgery are to meet your daily Protein, Fluid and Vitamin requirements. food is secondary because your body is converting your stored fat into the energy that drives your body. Thus you lose weight. So this is where I would put my focus on. B12 is important as well as Iron. Iron supplements must be time separated from the intake of Calcium supplements by at least 2 hours. They do not mix. So generally I take my iron at the end of the day just before bedtime.

It might also be a drug interaction. Pain medicine can cause exhaustion. Also if you were taking medication prior to surgery, these medicines now may not be absorbed in the same way after surgery. I was diabetic prior to surgery. My surgeon took me off all my diabetic medicine when I left the hospital 2 days after surgery. If he had not, then the medicine could have driven my body into a state of low blood sugar, which would make me severely lethargic among other symptoms.

Your body is healing!

That takes energy.

Pamper yourself,

and enjoy your break from life.

I was tired too. Just make sure you are getting your fluids and Protein in. Also, make sure you get your walking in. Then it's ok to take. Nap and relax. Your body is healing.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Were you tired? Yes I am trying yet I get so full very fast and I'm always I thirsty for Water. I did buy some Isopure it's easier to get down. I fear I might have the same situation my stomach just does not hold that much it's like I'm eating or drinking every minute of the day. I did try some mush Protein and of course I threw that up a lot. I average around 25 grams a day. I'm trying to get it up today, it's the best day out of all the days probably because the Isopure.

Good luck and thanks!

267/243/224

Surgery date 08/15/16

Edited by DRKExpressions

I have no idea. But my surgeon promised me that I will not live my life this way and he still has options. I just hope for th best.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

OMG! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm praying that they can to something.

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App