Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Positivity Thread

Right you lot of whingers, I want you to start posting positive things you have done, or how you overcame a negative thought/experience.

I'll got first.

Today I splashed out £500 on a size 14 winter coat. I've thrown away the receipt and I WILL get into it by the time it's chilly willy season.

I ordered a pair of skinny jeans and they were too big (size 16)!

I also can't remember the last time I weighed this, which means it was probably about 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Woohoo, get you. I can't wait to wear jeans, it's been about 20 years!

Well done.

I sorted out my closet and got ride of several items that are to big now. Made me feel good tossing my size 28 pants in the goodwill bag.

Still not at the stage of buying new. I have loads of clothes in the back of my closet to recycle.

Sent from my LG-H343 using the BariatricPal App

It's a great feeling throwing the big baggy stuff away. Well done Dede.

Recently went to replace my 40 inch waist jeans with a size 38. Got to the store and all the 38s were TOO BIG. Ended up with a couple of pairs of 36s.

This was 2-3 weeks ago. Asked my wife to pick me up a couple more pairs of 36s. One of them was TOO BIG. I started at a very snug size 48.

I also now weigh what I did during football season my sophomore year in high school. I'm 42.

@ It's a great feeling isn't it? Well done.

I went to Kohls the other day and was able to find clothes I could wear on the clearance racks!! I got 2 pair of jeans and 5 shirts for $70... That might buy a shirt and pair of pants at Lane Bryant if you are lucky! [emoji12][emoji106]

I went to the theatre today which is something I love but used to dread cos those seats are so small! Usually my big bum means my knees are shoved into the back of the seat in front of me when I sit - not today! My first tangible moment of weigh-loss appreciation. It was wonderful!

Jo x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ps, this is a great idea for a thread Rosie x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I've had THE most incredible craving for salt and vinegar Pringles for the last few days but I've managed to resist despite going to the local shop twice. As you walk in the door of our local shop the first thing you see is the crisp and snack isle with a full row of Pringles. It was torture and I was literally salivating at the thought but I RESISTED an I'm okay again now and feel proud for not giving in to temptation.

I've had THE most incredible craving for salt and vinegar Pringles for the last few days but I've managed to resist despite going to the local shop twice. As you walk in the door of our local shop the first thing you see is the crisp and snack isle with a full row of Pringles. It was torture and I was literally salivating at the thought but I RESISTED an I'm okay again now and feel proud for not giving in to temptation.

You know this is all by design, right? I did some work with a grocery store some years ago and was shocked at the length they go to entice you to buy junk.

Milk is almost always in the back, so you can't run in and grab it quickly, you have to pass by half the store.

Cereal, chips & soda are generally right in the middle of the store, so you almost have to walk by it regardless of where you are going (this is this highest margin food, so they need to sell a lot of it to stay in business)

And of course, the sugary, junk Cereal is often placed at kid eye-level so that they can harasses the parents to purchase.

It goes on and on - it's psychological warfare. Congrats on your win in this particular battle!

Yep, just going to shops is psychological warfare!