Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New with question

Hello, I have my appointment with my surgeon tomorrow and will be scheduling surgery most likely for sometime in October. My question is how did you feel at say 4-5 weeks out or 5-8 weeks out? I own my own business and I have a long weekend of trade shows scheduled for the first weekend in December. I will most likely be on my feet from 9am-7pm for a couple days and staying at a hotel for the weekend. I know it will vary person to person but I'm just trying to figure out if this sounds like something that is feasible at around 5-8 weeks out?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

At 7 weeks post op I went to Vegas for 11 days and was literally on my feet running around the city the entire time. I felt fantastic even though the most difficult part was figuring out what to eat and to continually focus on getting my Water.

At 1 week I had very little pain but I was weak from so long on the liquid diet. It took me probably until 4 or 5 weeks post op before I started to get my groove back but I could have easily worked 1 week post op.

It's the water........you have to remember the Water. ;)

I'm almost five weeks out now and I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. I've been back to the gym for the past week, doing light cardio, nothing crazy. But overall I feel so much better than I did before my surgery. Especially having lost so much already, down more than 30 pounds since I started my pre-op diet and 50 pounds overall. It varies so much from person to person, but my surgeon said I should be free of all restrictions at six weeks.

Like djmorh said though, don't forget to eat and drink! It's so easy now to not even think about food, that if I wasn't making meals for my husband, I'd probably forget to eat. It's a pleasant change. Good luck to you! This is the first step in a life changing journey.

I went back to work after three weeks to work a conference and was on my feet for for 10 to 12 hours a day. It was manageable and I was not excessivly tired.

I did get a room with a kitchen and took some food and Protein drinks but tended to eat scramed eggs, yogurt, or cottage cheese most of the time.

I also ran week long conferene between weeks 5 and 6. Did exceptionally well energy wise. Did not have a kitchen at hotel but managed well with a less restrictive diet. Also carried a bottle of Water at all time.

Sent from my SM-N930V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much everyone for your replies! I am excited to get a surgery date this afternoon and much more at ease with scheduling this work weekend afterwards based on your replies!