Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a weird stretchy pain on my left side.

Hello everyone. I know I post a lot, but I love all the feedback and support I get. :)

I'm feeling a dull, yet tender, stretchy pain on the upper left side of my body. I started feeling this maybe 2 weeks post-op. I assumed that it could be my insides moving around in the void where a big part of my stomach once was. But I want to be sure.

Also, how easy is it to stretch out the sleeve? I've been drinking a lot of liquid at one time, and I'm scared about stretching it. I probably haven't really been drinking a lot (maybe 2-4 oz at a time), but it seems like a lot to me since I'm supposed to be taking small sips.

you can't stretch your sleeve drinking liquids. I don't personally think you can stretch it much anyway, as the stretchy part is what is gone. food is more likely to squeeze out the top than anything else if you try to overeat. as the surgical swelling goes down you will be able to drink more and more until finally you are able to drink like a normal person again.

as to the other, I had all sorts of various pains like you describe in the period after surgery. if it is worrysome, feel free to call your practice.

you can't stretch your sleeve drinking liquids. I don't personally think you can stretch it much anyway, as the stretchy part is what is gone. food is more likely to squeeze out the top than anything else if you try to overeat. as the surgical swelling goes down you will be able to drink more and more until finally you are able to drink like a normal person again.

as to the other, I had all sorts of various pains like you describe in the period after surgery. if it is worrysome, feel free to call your practice.

Thanks so much! I can't wait until I'm able to drink again like I used to. I'm so sick of sipping, lol. You really helped me with my worries. Thanks again! :)

I got sleeved 8 22 16 and my doctor told me the pain will mostly be on the left since that's the side they put the tube in etc. So I believe its normal for the left side to hirt cause mine sure does.

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, true. I guess I was a bit worried because I didn't start getting the pain until after 2 weeks post-op. I figured that if I were to be feeling pain, it would be sooner. But I think it's a combination of the muscles healing and there being an empty spot where the big portion of my stomach was. I hope you are doing well! :)

I'm still sore and it hurts to cough or sleeve but I just got sleeved earlier this week so they said it's normal

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

You got sleeved 2 days ago. Feeling bad, after 2-3 days, is completely normal. I felt SO much better on the 3rd day. On the 2nd day, I came home and laid down for a long nap. When I woke up, I felt as if I'd been beaten up. It was awful. Make sure you drink enough liquid and take your B-12. It really helped me.

I got sleeved on 8/8 and my large incision is still sore so I'd say it's normal to be sore after 2 days.

Hello everyone. I know I post a lot, but I love all the feedback and support I get. :)

I'm feeling a dull, yet tender, stretchy pain on the upper left side of my body. I started feeling this maybe 2 weeks post-op. I assumed that it could be my insides moving around in the void where a big part of my stomach once was. But I want to be sure.

Also, how easy is it to stretch out the sleeve? I've been drinking a lot of liquid at one time, and I'm scared about stretching it. I probably haven't really been drinking a lot (maybe 2-4 oz at a time), but it seems like a lot to me since I'm supposed to be taking small sips.

I'm 2 weeks post op and I have the same pain. If I lean to the right I'm fine but leaning to the left causes a slight jabbing pain. Also pushing myself up... like if you start to slouch while sitting and use your hands to push up ... That hurts the sharpest. I walk it out but doc says that it is likely the muscle.

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

I'm 2 weeks post op and I have the same pain. If I lean to the right I'm fine but leaning to the left causes a slight jabbing pain. Also pushing myself up... like if you start to slouch while sitting and use your hands to push up ... That hurts the sharpest. I walk it out but doc says that it is likely the muscle.

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

YES! That, too! When I slouch and raise back up, that's when it happens a lot. Whew! Glad I'm not alone! :P

Totally know the feeling...

I heard it might be the skin attached to the muscle while healing... And to help with that you can rub it for 30mins a day so it can separate. I started doing that week 2 into week 3 and it's gone now..

I rubbed it with cocoa butter and Shea butter. Totally think it made a difference.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I heard it might be the skin attached to the muscle while healing... And to help with that you can rub it for 30mins a day so it can separate. I started doing that week 2 into week 3 and it's gone now..

I rubbed it with cocoa butter and Shea butter. Totally think it made a difference.

Great idea! I'll definitely do that! Thanks, love! <3

Great idea! I'll definitely do that! Thanks, love! <3
No problem hun bun