Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am now 7 weeks post op and as I approach month 2 I feel like it's time to step my game up. No stalls currently thank goodness. I know it's coming. I thought I stalled at week 2 or 3 but it was pretty short lived. I'm losing at a steady pace of 2-4lbs per week on average. Sometimes I'll get like a 6.5 lb loss here or there but then it goes back to 2-3 lbs. I'm noticing my clothes fitting looser. I'm slipping into jeans I haven't been able to fit for over a year and as my weight is coming down, I'm looking to get creative with my workouts. I don't like working out. I do but it takes me awhile to get into and so far I'm up to 3 days a week 1hr-1hr 15 min. By week 8 I'm supposed to step it up to 4 days a week (personal goal) and for my 4th day I want to take a class. It's called body pump.

WHAT IS BODYPUMP?

BODYPUMP is for anyone looking to get lean, toned and fit – fast.

Using light to moderate weights with lots of repetition, BODYPUMP gives you a total body workout. It will burn up to 540 calories*. Instructors will coach you through the scientifically proven moves and techniques pumping out encouragement, motivation and great music – helping you achieve much more than on your own! You’ll leave the class feeling challenged and motivated, ready to come back for more.

BODYPUMP is available as a either a 55, 45 or 30-minute workout.

I'm more interested in weights, and toning. I thought this would be a great way to Segway into getting more comfortable with weights, and understanding which exercises affect which muscle groups etc. So that when I go to the gym I can incorporate into my workouts.

Anybody ever taken this class? Any experience with weights. I would like to box too but I'm kind of shy to walk into a boxing gym and just start hitting the bags. That would really get me excited about my workouts though. *Daydreaming*

I love body pump class. I have taken it at the YMCA for years. I haven't gone in about 6months but use to go regularly. It is one of those classes that you get out what you put in. Go and see if it's up your alley. Just start with very very very light or no weights at all if you aren't experience with using any. Just take it slow you can always add more & go harder the more you are experience with it. It is definitely a class for beginner or experienced people, you use what is good for you. Most importantly listen to your body & make sure you are using proper form.

Congrats on your journey!! I'm so very ready to start mine!!

Yep @@KristenLe I am a little wordy so I understand it can be exhausting just reading my s h I t sometimes can be a headache lol! ... it seems like kind of a newer class within the last several years. I'm going to try it. I start next week. I'll keep yall posted. Thanks!