Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know how Im gonna make it thru the rest of this liquid diet.

I am 1 week post op, and I am so over the liquid diet. Luckily I only had to do the one week rapid liver reduction diet prior to surgery. But that makes 2 weeks of nothing but Protein shakes for meals. i try to add broth in, but its not enough Protein to get in my daily requirements so Im still having to fill in with shakes. How am I gonna make it another week, and then a semi-liquid the third week. My stomach is continuously rubbling for food. And I feel like an over filled Water balloon all day with no solids. I am meeting my Water and protein goals so thats great but its not filling at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

Agree with Unjury chicken lifesaver esp first 2 weeks post op for me. I also used Isopure unflavored in broth and it has even more Protein. Good luck. It gets better!

Try the unjury chicken Soup. It's a nice change of pace to all the sweet gross shakes. It's a little more savory.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Where can you buy it, other then online? Is there a store I can physically go to?

I am 1 week post op, and I am so over the liquid diet. Luckily I only had to do the one week rapid liver reduction diet prior to surgery. But that makes 2 weeks of nothing but Protein shakes for meals. i try to add broth in, but its not enough Protein to get in my daily requirements so Im still having to fill in with shakes. How am I gonna make it another week, and then a semi-liquid the third week. My stomach is continuously rubbling for food. And I feel like an over filled Water balloon all day with no solids. I am meeting my Water and protein goals so thats great but its not filling at all.

I felt this way, too. I actually did not get in all my protein that was required when I first got out of surgery. Try Tomato Soup. It saved me. I was able to eat soft foods on my 3rd week. I never knew how much energy eggs can give you. It's awesome!

• I have a hard time with the shakes and have one more week of liquids. I purchased GENEPRO from Amazon due to another sleevers recommendation. Mix it in anything and it dissolves and contains 30 grams of Protein in one small scoop. That is how I will get my protein until I can add soft foods. I mixed it in cream of wheat this AM with some applesauce. Even in just 1/4 cup it mixed well and no taste.

Good luck.

unjury is online their adds run on this site. You can get their starter kit to try flavors out -- it includes 2 chicken. They ship pretty quick I have gotten in about 2-3 days.

Amazon carries the Isopure unflavored and it think some prodiet Protein Soups.

@@Crystal Ann Keister

The way you get through this is staying focused on the reason you had the surgery in the first place. I know it is not easy but you really are through what should be the worst of it.

Definately try some more savory broths to help push you through.

Keep your eye on the prize....... Best of luck!

@@Crystal Ann Keister Are you taking a PPI? The rumbling may be stomach acid. Are you able to have sugar free popsicles or Jello? They might help you to feel like you're eating something. What else are you able to have in this stage ???

- Soup broth - you could make your own which will taste better and be more satisfying - add spices, etc.

- skim milk

- V8 juice / Tomato juice

- tea

Just continually sip throughout the day. You can do this - it's only a short time out of your life and think about the benefits!

I agree with the others.

-- unjury chicken Soup

-- regular fat free chicken stock

-- sugar free Jello

-- sugar free popsicles

-- Tomato Soup

-- V8

-- Tomato juice

-- Crystal light

-- herbal tea

These are the types of things that save you!! And I do remember how hard it was and how I just wanted food but now I would love to go back to that stage and just really enjoy the moments! I know that sounds weird but...

Go to GNC and try Isopure clear drinks. Not everyone likes them, but I did (the green tea). 40g of Protein per bottle was great. Kept my energy level up.

NOTE TO THOSE PRE-SURGERY - Taste test in advance of surgery. (@@Crystal Ann Keister - I'm not casting aspersions on you, just making a point to those who have not gotten as far as you. I wish you the best).

Go to GNC and try Isopure clear drinks. Not everyone likes them, but I did (the green tea). 40g of Protein per bottle was great. Kept my energy level up.

NOTE TO THOSE PRE-SURGERY - Taste test in advance of surgery. (@@Crystal Ann Keister - I'm not casting aspersions on you, just making a point to those who have not gotten as far as you. I wish you the best).

I did taste test pre surgery, but taking a few sips is good but two weeks straight of that same thing and it gets rough. I had chicken broth tonight and that helped but I cheated a little and had an ounce of finely shredded chicken in it and I chews alot to ground it up

Edited by Crystal Ann Keister

Tomato Soup saved me.....it was the best tasting thing I have ever eaten after 2 weeks of shakes before surgery.....congrats to you for making your Water quota already I was no where near Protein or water my first 2 weeks out....I know it is hard....I remember the first week was awful....chin up I was able to move to purée fairly quickly then after that your good to go! We are all different.....but people think having surgery is the easy way out to lose weight.....Boy are they WRONG! It is hard......but once your body starts changing you will feel better as well...Good luck a lot of good advice on here!

The liquid diet has been tough for sure. Then last night my husband got me a large wonton Soup from our favorite Chinese restaurant. I strained out all the wontons and other bits and gave them to him, and had the broth for myself. It was the most glorious thing I have tasted in 2 weeks. Although it's essentially just chicken broth, all the different flavors from the spices they used, and the bits of pork and scallions that had been steeping in there, made it so flavorful and delicious. Sometimes I think we just need a little something different after all the Protein Shakes and sugar free Jello ????

I'm using Better than Bouillon to make broth. Can't wait to blend in mushrooms and green onion.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App