Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAKING THE SCALE BUDGE DOWNWARD, WHY AM I NOT LOSING THE WEIGHT MORE

I had a lapband slip on me put in several years ago, I was so upset i had it removed. Again in California and by insurance back in 2012 I had it put back in. My weight the highest was 225 at 5' 4" size 24WIDE, could not get off the couch without help.. I now weigh 151 4 years later, size 12, new lapband.

Yes i could not stand being overweight, felt ugly inside and out. I have a weakness now, besides not eating much, and exercising. I look at my obese friends and family(husband too) and watch them eat 4 portions of food with also large portions of dessert.

I have been told i am too physical, yet i still love my morbidly obese husband, love him for what he offers inside his soul. I have had trouble lately having Desserts, stuffing myself from time to time and not seeing my overweight friends. Insurances all kinds pay for the weight loss surgeries. My friends always take about their weight problems.

If i do not see these friends i have no one calling me and i have no friends. I will be seeing a nutritionist next week. I have back and neck problems badly daily. I do not judge yet it is hard for me to see obese people never to start to care about doing something about their weight anything. Please email me I am a disabled woman who needs friends.

Hey I'm in the beginning process of lapband surgery(haven't done the seminar yet,aug29) but I think ur friends fee comfortable in their body and that's why they eat as such. And just as myself , I felt comfortable until people were telling me I had to cut back , and I still didn't. But own my own I get like this was the choice for me. So sometimes ur friends might think the same . But everyone does things on their own timing, when they want to, not because of how other people feel about it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Judy

My opinion is size 12 is lovely. It is smaller than the average American woman and I think it is easy to find clothes, fit places, and generally navigate this world at that size!

I'm in California; banded 9 1/2 years and would be happy to exchange words.

Jules

I understand completely. My mom had the sleeve done 4yrs ago and she would tell me all the time that I was eating too much lol and I'm a size 14 so now I feel like I need to b smaller because to me average is a 8 lol at least that's what I would like to be lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My overweight friends are my best friends yet they never do anything about losing weight. One friend is married to a controlling freak who hurts her feelings and calls her fatso, she can barely walk now, even with a cane.

The other friend is so big she has not dated in 20 years. I understand people have the right to choose what to eat and how much.

My friend who is very overweight had a heart attack while having surgery for cancer. She had to have CPR done, does that tell you something? Need a heart attack to tell you you are way too overweight? I feel bad I told the 2 of them how the desserts look good when we went out to eat, and they both ordered desserts big enough for 3 people and they ate it all up.