Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people who are likely to get surgery in Spring 2017!

I was just approved to start the Stage II Molina Bariatric Surgery Program(Apple Health) last week! (8/11) First NUT appointment is today and I'm already overwhelmed by all the criteria. Lol I'm so nervous because I soooo don't want to screw this opportunity up.

I'm constantly thinking of how many times I've let myself down doing other things. I already know that I won't have the money to afford this in the future, so I better cut the crap right now.. lol Argh! My nerves.. so anxious.. Anyone starting their journey now and looking at Spring 2017 surgery date (If all goes well) ?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm hoping for June 2017. I'm off in the Summer, and i want to be sure I have LOTS of recovery time

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Are you a teacher/professor? Or working for a school district? Asking bc you said you are off all summer..

You have a bit of time ahead of you as well. Have decided on which of the procedure you want? :)

I'm still on the fence.. one day sleeve another bypass. Smh probably decide once I meet with the surgeon..

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I am apre-school teacher in a private school. I am definitely going for the sleeve. I don't want the bypass. I have read great things about the sleeve!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Awesome! !!!

I Love being an RRT!

Saving Lives One Breath At A Time.

I'm hoping for spring, but I'm at the very beginning. I have Molina as well and am waiting for the pre-approval just to see the UW.

I've just began as well.. I feel like I have an appointment for something every week as of now.. its crazy! But I'm super excited to have gotten the ball rolling now. I've started the NUT visits and psych visits..waiting to get the word on PT. They haven't called to schedule me yet.. they better get busy and call me so this month will count! I have no problem ringing their line! Haha

I Love being an RRT!

I am in my 4th month of my 12 month health education program through my insurance. I have 8 more months to go. UGH! It's went fast so far, but when I look at the time that still needs to go by I get depressed. 12 months is a long wait! I'm hoping for a April or May surgery date. I've already done my stress test, and I have to get a breathing test done for my pulmonologist to see if I have COPD on Sept. 12th. Then I have to do my sleep study on Sept. 19th. On Sept. 21st, I have 3 appts at the surgeons office. First with the Psychologist, then the NUT, then the PA for the clinic/program. I'm not too sure what is supposed to happen after that. I guess I'll find out on the 21st.

BTW, I am 5'6", HW 280 CW 270 GW maybe 145 or so (we'll see).

Wow you've been on your journey for a bit! No worries.. there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing doesn't happen for any of us until it is OUR time. Everyone has a season! ;) Your season is approaching!

I Love being an RRT!

I'm looking at a May - early June surgery date (Self paying so I gotta save)… I get how impatient you are. I've been stressing myself out trying to come up with ways to get it done sooner. Just gotta keep reminding yourself that your time will come!

Sent from my GT-I9152 using the BariatricPal App

I have a date in January 2017, but I'm a self-pay so it is basically giving me time to save money. The time is definitely not passing fast enough, but I'm trying to use this time to educate myself and work on my emotional eating issues. If I lose this weight, I don't want to ever get back to this place in my body again.

I have a date in January 2017, but I'm a self-pay so it is basically giving me time to save money. The time is definitely not passing fast enough, but I'm trying to use this time to educate myself and work on my emotional eating issues. If I lose this weight, I don't want to ever get back to this place in my body again.

I get it for sure.. after watching alot of surgery vlogs and etc. I've quickly learned that this time is certainly not a burden.. it a time to learn and educate yourself. There's a wealth of experiences I've read and watched that made me look at this decision from a realistic prospective which is good.. because I really didn't know I was going into this naive in a way.. ya know. It's gonna test our strength in multiple ways! We must be prepared! Lol

I Love being an RRT!

I'm two months in to my required six NUT (UHC) appointments. BMI 40+ with all the co-morbids. All other req met. Hopefully approval will be quick when I finish NUT appointments in December and surgery in Feb/March. I was hopeful to get surgery done this year as deductible is met.

46 6'3"

HW 411

CW 375

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Going Monday night for my sleep study. Then 3 appts (Psych, Nut, PA) on the 21st. After that I don't know what their plan is.

Just got approved for stage 2 yesterday! So now I gotta start the 12, 12 12. 12 Nut, 12 PT, and 12 Psych. Sill though even though I've been approved I need to get Pre-Auth for the Nut and PT. But I guess I can see whoever I like for the Psych as long as they take my insurance. I have to lose about 12 pounds for my 5% and have already started. Gotta make sure to eat breakfasts and nothing after 7. Ill start there and see how much I lose. Wanna make sure I can maintain it for 3rd stage. So keeping right on track if everything goes right I should be looking about March April. Maybe sooner.

I'm also starting college in a couple days! Im scared! I havent been to school since I graduated high school in 1999!

Just got approved for stage 2 yesterday! So now I gotta start the 12, 12 12. 12 Nut, 12 PT, and 12 Psych. Sill though even though I've been approved I need to get Pre-Auth for the Nut and PT. But I guess I can see whoever I like for the Psych as long as they take my insurance. I have to lose about 12 pounds for my 5% and have already started. Gotta make sure to eat breakfasts and nothing after 7. Ill start there and see how much I lose. Wanna make sure I can maintain it for 3rd stage. So keeping right on track if everything goes right I should be looking about March April. Maybe sooner.

I'm also starting college in a couple days! Im scared! I havent been to school since I graduated high school in 1999!

Wow your life is pretty eventful!! Congrats on both of your journeys!

Are you hoping to get sleeved/rny etc. during summer break? :) What are you majoring?

I Love being an RRT!

Majoring in Education. I would like to teach K-8th. Im not really aiming for for any time. I guess as long at it isn't during finals.

I'm hoping to have my surgery Spring of 2017. Starting to get all my test done or at least scheduled. It's a lot to take in!

I'm nervous but really excited! I've lost 14/20 pounds they required me to already so I'm happy about that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yeah it IS alot to take in..I've been wanting this forever and would buckle at the knees when I looked at the price tag. Smh

I'm super happy for everyone. Just a simple approval to do the diet is a huge deal after countless stories of deserving people being denied. Ya know? Very grateful indeed..

I Love being an RRT!