Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any others *exhausted* on the pre-op diet?

Hello!! I have been reading this forum for a week or so but this is my first post. I am scheduled for surgery on 8/17 and started my pre-op diet last Monday. I'm not finding it too difficult to follow, but I am absolutely exhausted all.the.time. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Thank you for everyone who posts! I have found a lot of information and encouragement from reading the posts and responses. I can't wait to tell my story after the 17th!!

Cheers!

Kelly

I am very tired as well. A little more scattered in thought than usual, but I chalk that up to being excited BC surgery day is close.RNY on the 18th. Which surgery are you having?

Are you having any low/mid back pain? I am afraid I might be irritating my kidneys w too much Protein and drastically low carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gina171

I am very tired as well. A little more scattered in thought than usual, but I chalk that up to being excited BC surgery day is close.RNY on the 18th. Which surgery are you having?

Are you having any low/mid back pain? I am afraid I might be irritating my kidneys w too much Protein and drastically low carbs.

I'm having the sleeve. I'm not having any additional back pain. Just the usual. :)

I was very tried, I went to bed at 9pm every day and I was really happy to do it.

The final day I felt like I was running on air, because I was.

If you can just chill and try to keep your stress level low going into surgery.

Lethargy, brain fade and occasional hypoglycemia are common side effects of low carb diets that are often used when pre-op diets imposed (which is why I avoided going to such extremes in my post op regimen - recovery from major surgery is hard enough without the added stress.)

I was! My daily activity included swimming and martial arts so my doctor approved unlimited non starchy veggies along with an additional serving of lean proteen (sic).. (My pre op diet was two proteen (sic) drinks, one snack of Greek yogurt and 4oz of lean meat and veggies.)

If you are very active, talk to your doctor!

I'm on the 17th also! I have days when I am pretty good, but I have been taking it easy after work. I normally go to the gym 4 times a week, but I haven't been able to to make...just no energy. I'm on 5-6 Protein shakes and broth, SF Jello, SF popsicles. I haven't had more than 4 or 5 shakes a day. On Tuesday I am on a clean liquid diet so I picked up some cocotein coconut Water with 20g of Protein that i plan to use for the day before and after surgery. I am ready for this! 2 1/2 weeks of this and I am done!!!

Yup.....I was tired..............tired of hurting. Knees, hips, back.....all hurting badly.

I was tired and ready for a change.

Was my energy level compromised during the pre-op 14 day liver shrink diet ? It was the first week....but then I sort of leveled out and then began actually feeling more vital and amped up.

I'm not sure if this was due to my body becoming adapted to entering and maintaining a state of ketosis or if it was my growing excitement and happiness over my upcoming surgery finally arriving........or simply a combination of the two.

I went through a really amped up feeling the first two weeks post-op....with the exception of the first couple days letting the hospital meds wear off. Then by the third week I felt periods of fatigue. Found out that it was simply the results of lowered blood pressure. I'd been on blood pressure meds for high pressure for years. Doc cut dosages and all was well after that.

I'm also on 17th! :)

I was tired and had a little bit of muscle pain the first 3 days (I think it might have been also related to getting my period ;)). Now I'm drinking only 1-2 Protein Shakes a day (out of prescribed 3 daily) and feel great. I drink about 1 gallon of water/zero iced tea/green tea daily and walk at least 7 miles. I think that quitting coffeine, sugar and going on a low carb diet weeks before really helped a lot with the transition. :)

Edited by Alexandra85

Thanks everyone! Yesterday was better. I'm weaning off the last bit of caffeine today so today may be rough. :)

Mine is scheduled 8/16. Extremely moody and my lower back hurts more and Im sleepier than normal

I am having lower back pain too.

I have disk degenerative disease and thought I just slept wrong but not enough Water could also be the reason. Being Tylenol is the only thing I can take at this point. That's not helping but the heating pad is.