Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orbera insertion next week!

Shirleyd90-- I think it's great that you've already lost 10lbs! I'm sorry your doctor isn't that responsive and didn't remember your name. I'd be annoyed, too! I'm traveling right now and don't have my post-op instructions but I think I was told that for every 1/2 hour of sitting you should walk for 5 minutes to reduce cramping. Are you doing that? Hang in there and check out other threads. I've also checked out post-op hints for people who've had other surgeries. I think they apply to us too to some extent.

Anewmee-- can I ask what weight and/or BMI you started off with? It sounds like your doc knew what s/he was doing! Are you getting support from his office? Any tips for us who are about to have it done?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

hello everyone! So I've lost 5 kilos or 11 pounds in 2.5 weeks and I've had to give my size 16 clothes away (Australian size 16)

My BMI was 31.8 and now it 29.8.

I still feel surprised by my hunger levels. I'm using a lot of willpower to move the weight, which is fine but I guess i thought the balloon would be a bit more helpful. However, I am extremely happy either way.

Glimmer120, my doctors have been quite good but they aren't calling me or anything. I don't really need them to though as everything is under control.

I see the dietician monthly and that is keeping me on track too.

I have no nausea or vomiting. I did take this new anti nausea medication that the orbera company have recently recommend. It's taken 3 hours before the surgery and lasts 3 days. Apparently all the recent people through their rooms who have used the med prior to the balloon are all getting minimal side effects so that is great.

About 3 weeks in with my orbera and down 14 lbs... Physically I'm feelin good. I haven't been in the 150's for my weight in years. It's very motivating. And makes me look forward to the next few months.

Now I am struggling with depression I would say. I never realized how much of a comfort food was for me. Yesterday was my first time going out with some friends, went to a beer festival and I just wasn't myself. Of course I didn't have any beer but I had a few crown and gingers... Didn't even get a buzz on tho I was to scared to drink to much because I can hardly eat anything.

So I would say it's a really weird inner conflict im having with myself. I miss comfort food... Nachos, pizza, burgers, etc...but have noooooo appetite. I couldn't even force myself to have anything for Breakfast this morning. I gave in and had a little lentil Soup a little while ago. I hope my body and mind can get on the same page... I would love to go back to the gym and to just really feel normal again.

All in all I believe the balloon is working. It's doing a wonderful job of reprogramming my bad habits and I'm grateful... I'll be 30 next week and I couldn't think of a better way to bring in this decade of my life than with good health.

@@anewmee - I was also hungry for the first couple of weeks, but it got better. Hopefully it will for you, too.

@@brezzytime678 - life certainly can be depressing without comfort foods. So I've tried to find new comfort foods and I occasionally allow myself to indulge in old favorites (like pizza - but only a small slice and without high-fat meats). Sometimes it's just the "ceremony" of it all - why can't I go to DQ and get ice cream like everyone else? The answer is that I can - I just can't get a massive 1000 calorie dessert. Instead I get a little mini kid's cup of plain vanilla ice cream for around 100 calories. It's not as exciting, but it's fun to still be able to participate, if that makes sense. It's a trade off, but it's worth it. And it's sustainable, which may be the most important part.

Hang in there, and best wishes to you both!