Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure what to say about most of the issues that you had, because my experience was not the same as yours. I live in Southern CA so I drove down and met my driver at the cell phone lot while she was waiting for another patient to land.

I stayed at the recovery condos and not at the hotel, but I was never charged for any transportation at any point, but I did tip my drivers/valets.

I also did not have the post-op diet talk right away. She went over it with me in the car on the way back to San Diego, but I was fine with that because I was given the packet with the guidelines the day I got to the recovery condos.

As far as my registration and post count, yes I made an account to reply to this post. I generally tend to lurk on forums and I have been reading posts here for the past few months but never signed up. I joined the Bariatric Pal Facebook groups and prefer to post there instead. I used my real picture (same as my FB profile), and not a random avatar or meme, so I'm not sure why you'd jump to that conclusion other than paranoia.

I'm truly sorry that you were unhappy with your experiences with BP. I felt very well cared for while I was there. My only complaint was that I barely saw Dr. Illan at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I saw Dr Illan prior to surgery and never again. I have since emailed him 2ith questions and have had no response.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

@@lworth33

So many people on this forum answer questions by saying "ask your surgeon." I know it's frustrating when you try asking your surgeon but he doesn't reply.

I didn't see him until I was already downstairs waiting to go into surgery. I was already medicated so I barely even remember it. I didn't see him post-op at all, but Dr. Flores was really great for my post-op care. However, I have posted questions for Dr. Illan in the FB group and gotten responses.

I didn't see him until I was already downstairs waiting to go into surgery. I was already medicated so I barely even remember it. I didn't see him post-op at all, but Dr. Flores was really great for my post-op care. However, I have posted questions for Dr. Illan in the FB group and gotten responses.

Not everyone uses the Facebook group though. Joining it should not be a prerequisite to having communication with Dr. Illan.

Not everyone uses the Facebook group though. Joining it should not be a requirement to have communication with Dr. Illan.

I never said that it was a requirement, just that he is active there. I haven't emailed him because I get a response from the Facebook group. If I had something more private, I would email him. I did email him prior to my surgery with some questions and didn't receive a response. However, I mentioned it to Bill, who had Dr. Illan call me the same day. When I spoke with Dr. Illan he did say that he had responded to my email, so I'm not sure why I didn't receive it.

I had a very good experience with BariactricPal MX. Dr. Illan was my surgeon.

Yes all my nurses had a basic command of English. I never had a issue with any of them. Who was your valet? I am really sorry you had a bad experience. I do wish we had a nutritionist with a degree.

We have a Registered Dietitian that's going to start offering support to all BariatricPal TeamMX patients starting this week! We will announce details Monday.