Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 30 Sleevers Post Here!

I am getting sleeved August 18th. On liquid diet now and doing okay. Working up to day of surgery.

MIne is on August 29th and I'm currently pushing my way through the liquid diet. Today I have been so badly craving a pretzel, but I just chug more Water and tell myself to focus on why I'm doing this.

Good luck!

I had my sleeve on 8/8/16. I'm 62 yrs old and don't no why I waited to it sooner. Just tryed myself for a long time. Saw my surgeon today for first time. He told me something that truly made me thankful I did this.

When my pathoghy report came back from the stomach removal they found a cancerous tumor self contain. He said probably if I had not had this surgery the tumor would have grown much bigger and spread. He had never had this happen. I truly felt like the Lord was with me in this journey. Being very thankful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using the BariatricPal App

I'm scheduled for 8/30 - the Dr said 24 hours pre-op Clear liquids only but at 7 days out which is Tuesday, I'm going to start with 2 Protein drinks (Bfast and Dinner) and a healthy lunch, Protein first and then vegi's). I gave up soda and have cut back sweets and breads although today and tomorrow I plan on having a couple food funerals. But Tuesday morning, my EYE is on the PRIZE!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Deborah Bennett and maredarlin - it's almost time!!! Are you excited, nervous, packing, drinking your Water? What are you up to? I'm all of that!!

I had a few moments last night where I was like, "is it too late to cancel? am I sure I should do this?" Of course I am, but I'm freaking out slightly and surgery is always slightly scary. I'm also excited and ready (especially after these two weeks pre-op). I realize I'll have more emotional moments in the next few weeks, but I'm ready.

went to store tonight to pick up some things to have at home when I get back from the hospital. Bought myself two new books and did a bunch of laundry.

Tomorrow I was told i could have one Protein shake early morning, but then it was just Clear Liquids until 10pm. Tomorrow will be a fun birthday.

How about you? You ready for this thing?

I am also scheduled for Aug 30th! I am more excited than nervous! I hope that feeling stays that way til Tuesday. I am on a no carb pre op diet. Thinking tomorrow I will stick to liquids just be on the safe side. I am a little concerned because my surgeon only wants me to be on Jello and broth for the 1st week. Most people I talk to that have had the surgery seem to be on Protein drinks right after surgery. Anyone else know what they will be able to eat right after surgery?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

It's crazy to me how different the Dr's do the pre-op.

My Dr said for the day before the surgery clear liquids only, so for me that would just be Monday 8/29. This is also same for one week post-op. Clear chicken and beef broth, strained clear Soups, sports drinks, fruit juices (no pulp), apple juice, white grape juice, white cranberry juice, Water, tea, coffee (no cream or milk), koolaids, tang, popsicles, Jello, ice chips.

Also the day before, Monday, 4pm and again at 6pm a 10 ounce bottle of magnesium citrate.

After midnight, nothing and be at the surgical center at 6am Tuesday.

Prior to today for the last week, I've basically just done a combination of Premier Protein shakes, lean meals and food funerals! I've only lost about 9 pounds since I made the decision for VSG, and my ultimate goal is 40-50 pounds.

When I went to my pre-op class this past Wednesday with one of the nurses, I was told that I would be given a tray with an assortment of liquids - one Water, one liquid Protein, one broth, and one Jell-o...each 4oz. and I would need to slowly go through each of those. She said I'll also be doing a lot of walking, but that I had read and heard from others.

Last year I had started changing my living habits to lose weight while I researched weight loss surgery, so I went into my appointment with the surgeon down about fifty pounds and then since April I've lost about thirty more (20 of it was this two week period before surgery).

Anyway, i report to the hospital tomorrow morning at 10am.

When I went to my pre-op class this past Wednesday with one of the nurses, I was told that I would be given a tray with an assortment of liquids - one Water, one liquid Protein, one broth, and one Jell-o...each 4oz. and I would need to slowly go through each of those. She said I'll also be doing a lot of walking, but that I had read and heard from others.

Last year I had started changing my living habits to lose weight while I researched weight loss surgery, so I went into my appointment with the surgeon down about fifty pounds and then since April I've lost about thirty more (20 of it was this two week period before surgery).

Good luck tomorrow!

Edited by Disneygirl70

Good Luck!!!!

All August 30 Sleevers, check in! How are you doing?

I'm a bit tight and gassy today and the first couple days were a little tough, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. Go back to work on Tuesday. I think today has been hard because I tasted a couple bites of sf pudding last night. Back to clear broths and liquids today.

I am down roughly 10 since surfer and 17 total. I am a low BMI sleeved so certainly didn't expect to drop this fast but I'm guessing it will slow up now.

How is everyone else doing?

Sleeved Aug 30th....1st 3 days were tough! Worst part was shoulder pain due to my drainage tube. Once the tube was pulled out the pain immediately was gone. I already went through some regret in the hospital but now that I am seeing that the scale is moving I feel more positive that this was the right decision for me. My biggest concern is that I can't stop burping. Anytime I drink or eat I have to burp, it's embarrassing! I hope this will go away. My dr only allows broth and Jello the 1st week. I bought some yogurt today and am tempted to try it but I'm just not sure. What is everyone else allowed?