Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months out, 28lbs from goal!

HW: 297.6

CW: 178.0

I have been working out with a trainer 2x a week for 3 months and I feel better than ever! For the first time in my life I am STRONG! I am so thankful for this community and the tips/support you all have given me. I can't wait to see where I am in another 7 months

post-270719-14702711694615_thumb.jpg

post-270719-14702711853276_thumb.jpg

July 2015 to July 2016

Edited by MayMarie

Truly amazing, so excited for you!!

Maymarie what was your biggest obstacle after your surgery?

Again truly inspirational to see your year transformation. Thank you for sharing

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

@@flip26 I am truly lucky to have had essentially 0 complications and bumps along the way. I never had food intolerance, vomiting, stricture, dumping, or any of the other common things you hear people talking about. I have had some mild hair loss but no one has noticed except me and it lead to the best haircut I've had in years!

My main challenge has, and always will be, myself and my will power. I have had some hangups here and there where I allowed myself to have "a little of this" or "a little of that" and ended up in a month long stall -- for no good reason but my own lack of control! A few bites here and there adds up to no weight loss (and can add up to weight gain if you don't correct yourself)!

I am back on track, counting my calories, carbs, and Protein meticulously and have finally broken through my stall! I have lost 8.4 pounds in 3 weeks just by getting myself focused.

Edited by MayMarie

@@flip26 I am truly lucky to have had essentially 0 complications and bumps along the way. I never had food intolerance, vomiting, stricture, dumping, or any of the other common things you hear people talking about. I have had some mild hair loss but no one has noticed except me and it lead to the best haircut I've had in years!

My main challenge has, and always will be, myself and my will power. I have had some hangups here and there where I allowed myself to have "a little of this" or "a little of that" and ended up in a month long stall -- for no good reason but my own lack of control! A few bites here and there adds up to no weight loss (and can add up to weight gain if you don't correct yourself)!

I am back on track, counting my calories, carbs, and Protein meticulously and have finally broken through my stall! I have lost 9.6 pounds in 16 days just by getting myself focused.

Did overcome the willpower by your self or with counseling?

I am just starting my process. I am thinking about getting counseling for a while to help with my willpower.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I've been doing it on my own (and with the help of bariatric pal). However, you know yourself better than anyone and if you think counseling is what you need to get through it then definitely do it!

If I had to go to the gym by myself I'd see little to no progress. I have to have a trainer to coach me and teach me how to work out, counseling is no different! Just working on a different part of your body (and the most difficult at that)!

@@mylastchance21 as you can tell in my "flexin" picture I have some flabby arm skin that hangs down a little. The rest of my body is the same. Some loose belly skin, some loose thigh skin. It's too soon to really tell if it's going to snap back or not. I sill have a decent amount of weight to lose but I am young and so far I'm not feeling that bad about it.

Thank you all for the kind words!

@@MayMarie lol, leg day and chill? That's about all I am good for after leg day! Outstanding results, congrats on your success and best wishes for continuing.

I know you said you are working with a trainer, but what kind of a routine have you in place? Push/pull split? Muscle grouping? Starting Strength only? Circuit? Inquiring minds want to know!

Great job!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

@@flip26

Look for someone who specializes in behavior modification practices such as Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. There are also very helpful outpatient eating disorder clinics that specialize in helping you to recognize hunger and fullness cues, and to find ways of coping with stress that don't involve food.

Edited by Hollyhock