Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready for tomorrow liquid diet

Is the Isopure any good?

To me it was intolerable. I hated the taste, but everyone is different. I started off with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate splendor, but I quickly tired of it. So

I switched to Syntrax nectar. Which is cheaper, has less calories, less sodium and tastes a lot better in my opinion. But I'd say try it and see what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Miss.Bunny447

All the Syntrax flavors I've tasted are great. But I have to admit, Isopure has a lot of Protein. If you find a flavor that you can tolerate keep a few bottles around for times your having a hard time reaching your Protein goals. And as D'Sleeved said, you can always add Splenda or stevia to help with the taste. But I personally vouch for Nectars. I have Fuzzy navel and Roadside Lemonade at the moment. Fuzzy navel tastes almost like a less sweet sunny D and Roadside Lemonade tastes exactly like lemonade.

Isopure grape frost and icy orange are not to bad especially when chilled. Now that I am starting to work out again I find they are good for recovery.

Great to here ; you have to do what's best for you ... I am at the beginning stage of the game, I will be incorporating many Proteins as at the day, weeks,months , and years comes... I like to here the different foods and drinks everyone has tried, eventually I will be utilizing other strategies to get the 60-80 grams of Protein in daily.

Thanks for the inputs

Edited by D'Sleeved

I'm pre-surgery (with a date set 9/20) and I tracked what I was eating for a week just to see my typical amount of Protein in a day. I found that I was only taking in about 20g!

I added a morning Protein shake thinking I'd just start a habit a little early, and what do you know .. I lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks! I guess we all need to do what it takes to get it in, no matter how good (or awful) it might taste

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

post-295490-147002030166_thumb.jpg

Today was the 1st day of my liquid diet... I don't want to let my self down but I had to incorporate nuts and vegetable with shrimp...

As I had looked over my nutritionist pack that she gave to me in the last date of class... She Indicated for me to :

drink Protein shake for Breakfast, Snacks two cups of vegetables, lunch another shake, snack two more cups of veggies, and for dinner another Protein Shake

I did my best it's 8:05 pm and I am not hungry... I have been drinking a lot of Fluid

Edited by D'Sleeved

Stared my liquid diet today also...not so bad yet.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App

Everyone I did try the apple Isopure... I added a lot of crushed ice for 1/2 the bottle... And I made popsicles out of the rest. When I drink it, it didn't taste that bad... Besides I was cleaning up my house and it was like 90 degrees out side... I was drinking it like it was juice lol