Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding ring too loose

My wedding ring is too loose and I'm afraid I will lose it. I don't like not wearing anything. My husband suggested a temporary wedding band so I could wait until I get to goal weigh to have it resized.

We went to James Avery. They have sterling silver wedding bands and they look nice. I found one for only $49. Plus, they allow you to trade-in for half off. So, as I continue to lose I can trade this one in for only $25 until I hit goal weight.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Totally just what I do, but I didn't go to a full priced jewelry store, just like I haven't bought any transitional clothing from any place other than a thrift shop. I've found pretty and cheap stuff that I've gotten more "where did you buy that!" about than I ever did before I started thrifting. :D

I bought a beautiful sterling silver ring from Target for $15 (they have hundreds of rings in every style you can think of online). It is prettier than my original band, and I have received so many compliments on it. I love it more knowing it was so much less and I can replace it easily if it becomes lost or damaged. I actually will keep it (or buy a smaller version) instead of going back to my old ring. ;)

Edited by FrankiesGirl

why not have it resized ?

@@Dub

She is waiting to hit goal instead of have it resized multiple times.

Ah.....

If you want to continue to wear your original wedding ring until you reach goal, there are temporary solutions that do not involve resizing until you are ready. Google ring guard. There are a variety of solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm looking forward to being able to wear my wedding ring again. I have a couple of inexpensive rings in roughly the same color that I use in its place. With the arthritis, my ring size changes day to day. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring in about 6 months.

My ring is too big now too. I am so bummed out. I'm going to get a cheap one from target I think, since mine is even too big for a ring spacer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I am not someone to spend money on jewelry, so I bought a new one on Amazon, for $20. I wear my original wedding ring on my ring hand middle finger as a reminder that I've gone from a 9 to a 7.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I can honestly say (and apparently I'm in the minority) that I love my SILICONE wedding band. I had outgrown my engagement ring and knew I was going to have surgery so I went with the cheapest option I could find until I lose weight again. It could be something to look into. Mine is a Qalo and it's Teal (one of my wedding colors). I love it just as much as my diamond bc of what it represents.

Just a suggestion and maybe something to look into. You can even order them a size smaller and they will stretch a bit to fit your finger.

Ready for a chance at really living! ❤️

Yes, get one and put yours in a safe place! I lost mine at work. I never found it...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Maybe when you hit goal you will be due for an "upgrade"..... Then retire your old band to family heirloom status to be worn by family in the future.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App