Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to do a Costco run - Whats on your Costco Shopping list?

In preparation, I'm working on my "out of milk" app and want to see what everyone is buying at costco. I have a membership but never go myself, my husband uses it occasionally.

I'd like to add, that lots of articles say our taste bud changes after surgery. I'm really hopeful because I'm Irish, grew up on meat and potatoes (and ice cream). I can eat light yogurt, but always hated the taste of Greek yogurt. I can eat shell fish, but never cared much for any other fish and salmon, only if its covered in a french sauce. So I'm hoping my taste buds change and I welcome Greek yogurt and fish.

Thanks

I don't go to costco but some of the things that I rely on still are: eggs (and more eggs!), cottage cheese, ground turkey, chicken breasts or sometimes a whole chicken, cans of tuna fish though not all the time, frozen shrimp, Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (the cherry flavor is AWESOME!!) but Lemon Meringue is good too, Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt (in black container, this is the one that all the NUTs are now recommending) in strawberry and mixed berry, string cheese and the wedges of Laughing Cow cheese, and then some veggies (green and red peppers, onions, radishes, etc), various flavors of Crystal Light, cans of diced tomatoes, cans of black Beans and kidney Beans.< /p>

But please note that I am 2.5 years out! I think that you can use some of this list if you are new (the eggs, yogurts, cottage cheese, things like that). I also always have a large container of Plain, Nonfat greek yogurt in the fridge and use it in lieu of sour cream, sometimes have it with fresh fruit on it.

Early on, I also ate a lot of sugar free Jello and sugar free Jello pudding. Even putting it into the greek yogurt can be good.

Best of luck

Lol, ok so this was my list from the other day. We have the program where they shop for your order at Walmart and bring it out to your car, so while it's not costco, I buy a whole pile of stuff all at once so I don't have to grocery shop. I bought 6 cases of diet Root Beer, 6 cases of Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, 6 boxes of flavor blasted goldfish crackers, 3 giant boxes of Fiber One bars, 4 cases of Water, 10 packs of Crystal Light, steam in bag veggies (corn, peas, and caulliflower for calliflower shepherd's pie, and pepper and potatoes with light sauce), several Protein power packs (cheese and turkey chopped up for 2 year old with nuts in a pack) , ground turkey (for turkey burgers and shepherd's pie), sliced monterrey jack from the deli, sliced turkey from the deli (because they are good rolled up), and probably a few other things.

I'm almost 3 years out and I know what I can and can't eat and that involves plenty of crackers and goldfish, and not a whole lot in the way of things like cottage cheese, yogurt, fruits, etc. Before surgery I would have had a lot of Lean Cuisines, which I now never eat, and some Cookies, which I also now rarely eat. My shopping list is by no means something most people think is something a sleeved person should be eating, but it's what works for me, and if anything it shows people that life does really go back to normal and boring after awhile.

I should also say that I had the gastric bypass--I hadn't noticed that you were sleeved so my list may be different from yours. Sorry for not paying attention!

costco. My favorite store. The store you cannot get out of for less than 200.00 and most times a lot more.

Premier Protein Ready Make shakes - about 3 or 4 times a year they have 5.00 off a case and I stock up

Fresh Fruits : Strawberries, Apples, Cherries, Watermelon (I always have fruit)

Fresh Vegies: Baby cucumbers, Lettuces, Mushrooms, Carrots, baby peppers

Olive Oil

Tilamook Cheddar cheese

Gruyere cheeses

Cooked Shrimp from Deli area

Ground Beef

Beef Tenderloin

Black olives

Wonderful Pistachios

Frozen veggies

chicken and beef stock when they have it

Tomato sauce for cooking

I love costco for their fruits & Veggies and some of their meats.

costco sells their rotisserie chickens cheaper than it costs to make them, and they are super delicious, so I always get one of those and just pull the chicken when I get home so I have chicken for the whole week. A lot of other stuff we get is stuff you're not going to be able to eat for a while (like quinoa and baked dry chickpeas). They also have big canisters of Better Than Bouillon which are very yummy and make a great soup/broth is you don't have the time/energy/etc to make your own broth. They have spices for extremely good prices, and spices are sort of a necessity for many people after surgery because much of our food early out is bland and spicing things up is encouraged. Later on, you might like to get things like turkey burgers or their rosemary chicken meatballs (sooooo yummy and ready to eat). Their eggs are less than three dollars for a pack of two 18-egg cartons.

Salmon.

This time of year, fresh wild caught is delish. All year around the frozen fillets are great. The salmon patties (also frozen) are a staple.

They have a really low calories high Protein chicken patty in fridge section. They have turkey sausages that are delish and healthy.

If you do a search for costco on BP, you will find threads where many people have shared whole shopping lists.

I didn't like Greek yoghurt before surgery, and now I am hooked on Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt (in black container) vanilla.< /p>

thanks girls. Its great getting a shopping list from our very successful forum friends. :) I've made up two list one for Cosco and a general Shopping List.