Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Strictness on previous diet

I'll probably go in September. I've not followed a strict diet, how is everyone eating 2 months out

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Do you mean how is everyone eating on post op diet at two months out? I so, super small portions and following surgeon and dietician guidelines 100%. You are barely healed at this point.

Pre-op is what I meant, probably won't have surgery till Oct. I did attend motivating seminar today which got me going

My Dr has not set me on a diet yet. They just have me working on small goals such as getting rid of pop, more veggies, slower eating. I too will have surgery in October

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Pre-op is what I meant, probably won't have surgery till Oct. I did attend motivating seminar today which got me going

Cut out all sodas (diet too) and sugary drinks! Start a high Protein low carb diet. My nutritionist suggests 50% Protein 50% produce at each meal. Eat slowly without distractions (no mindless eating). Cut back on (or completely) Pasta, bread, rice, Cookies, candy, etc.

Find out what your insurance requirements are - some require a supervised weight loss program prior to surgery. Also - as most of us have eating disorders of some sort (emotional eating) - get a handle on your issues - with the help of a therapist if necessary. It's important to have your head ready before surgery- as that can often be the biggest challenge.

Good luck!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

As of right now the surgeon just told me to lose 15lbs. So I started on a low carb diet where I try to keep my carbs between 20-30g a day. So no potatoes no corn no Pasta no bread no sweets no junk no soda of any kind rare fruit. I eat 5-6 small meals a day. Most of which are my Protein shakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Most surgeons have a strict 2 week pre-op diet (either total Protein shakes/clear liquids or modified clean meals + shakes). Also called the liver shrink diet. They have to get to that stomach and have to move that big fatty liver out of the way. So its healthy for you to shrink that sucker.

Others who have a lot to lose are told to start dieting immediately.

Of course, common sense tells you to start cutting out something now such as sugar, carbs, soda and a big one you should start dealing with now is caffeine. Withdrawal from caffeine isn't so easy. You have terrible headaches and are moody for a while. That's common sense, human nature however, being a couple months out from your expected date, is going to pull you to want to eat a lot of your favorite meals one last time. All advice will say don't do that, but do try and be healthy for surgery, if you must, make sure you don't pig out in quantity. Another thing you should really start to do now, is Portion Control.< /p>