Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery 7/12, and just started on the puree stage yesterday. Greek Yogurt is on my list to eat, and I ate it for Breakfast frequently before surgery so I decided to give it a try. I got about 3-4 very small bites down (even waiting between) and realized I had made a HUGE mistake. My stomach started rumbling and rebelling. I just stopped there and after a little while continued on fluids. I didn't try to push it further. It settled down after about 30 minutes but was still a little uneasy. lunch time came around and I had some pureed chicken salad. I tried that and it didn't settle either. All day I had to push the Fluid down to get enough liquid. Each sip seemed like I was pushing it down. It was absolutely the worst I have felt since surgery. Tonight I managed some mushed up cottage cheese and it seemed to sit well and do okay but I'm just sore from the day's adventures.

This is a very stressful time at work so I'm not sure if that might be what is going on, or if I'm just eating the wrong foods. Both foods were on the okay list. I really don't want to mess this up so I have been nervous all day long in fear I had done something wrong. That combined with the stress of work made for a very yucky day. I felt horrible and exhausted.

I hope this will pass, but honestly today was the first day I have questioned "what the H** did I do?"

Go back to full liquids rather than stress about it. Its still early and you are still swollen. Many postop diets don't progress to purees that quickly. Take your time! Stress at work could certainly be adding to it. Hope you get the weekend off!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Go back to full liquids rather than stress about it. Its still early and you are still swollen. Many postop diets don't progress to purees that quickly. Take your time! Stress at work could certainly be adding to it. Hope you get the weekend off!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Thanks KristenLe. I will try to go back and let everything heal and settle down, then try again. I do get the weekend off, I just need to leave work at work!

My surgery was the 12th too. I'm still really struggling to meet my Fluid requirements. I sip all day long but still barely hit 32 oz. I am allowed on my plan to advance to oatmeal, mashed up potatoe etc, but I haven't tried anything but Greek yogurt. My stomach just isn't ready. It takes me two days to eat one single serving size yogurt. I'm sick from the sweetness of Protein shakes and couldn't force one down today. I plan to investigate more savory options tomorrow. I only had 11 grams of Protein today, waaaayyy below my target. Today was the only day I did that badly.

I think it sounds like our sleeves are healing at a similar rate and we just aren't ready to advance much. It will get better. It's only been two weeks.

Edited by MarieLouise

The fluids weren't a problem until I returned to work. It is so hard to work and remember to drink! I have managed at least 64 oz a day, but at home I was doing more. I kept something in my hand and sipped all the time. That's tough and still get work done!

I had surgery 7/8.because I was unsure of how my stomach would react to certain things I just had a Premier Protein shake for Breakfast and a Premier Protein Shake for lunch and save my food options for dinner time.

HW 257. SW 244. CW 229

GW 160

Edited by sankofasienna1104

I had my first shift back at work yesterday and it is tough to keep sipping. I wish I could get 64oz in! My surgeon says no exercise at all until I hydrate better. That is bumming me out a little but I definitely don't want to end up needing IV fluids.

The fluids weren't a problem until I returned to work. It is so hard to work and remember to drink! I have managed at least 64 oz a day, but at home I was doing more. I kept something in my hand and sipped all the time. That's tough and still get work done!

This was one of the reasons my surgeon likes his patients to stay out of work 4-6 weeks. It's a full-time job trying to drink and eat post-op! I'm hoping to take 4 weeks but I'm lucky that I have that time to take. Take it easy this weekend!

I had my first shift back at work yesterday and it is tough to keep sipping. I wish I could get 64oz in! My surgeon says no exercise at all until I hydrate better. That is bumming me out a little but I definitely don't want to end up needing IV fluids.

I was warned the same, and also warned to not exercise or spend a lot of time in the heat. I was told I can do walking in air conditioning, as long as it isn't enough to sweat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

@@MarieLouise I was sleeved the same day, and having the same trouble. I'm approved to start very soft, moist foods, and tried tuna today, but it's sitting like lead in my gut I'm over the Protein shakes, I've started making my own with unflavored Isopure. Hopefully I'll be able to start getting more fluids soon, I've been starting to get a dizzy feeling now and again and I really don't want to go to the er for fluids

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes just give yourself a few more days of full liquids.....everyone heals at different rates....you probably just need a few more days. I promise it gets easier. Just don't try to rush or push anything. If you try a food and it doesn't sit well, just go back to something that did and wait a couple of days.....baby steps!

Good luck!

Hi ! I've been reading these forums for months but haven't posted until now . I was sleeved July 12 th also and doing well but I have hit a stall this week and actually gained a pound this am and it's depressing me . I've lost 11 lbs since 7/12 ( well ... Now 10) ... And I really concentrated on getting all my Fluid in yesterday . I struggle to either get all the Protein in( mostly shakes) OR all the Fluid in . It's time consuming !!!

And yes ... I could have gone back to work today or Monday but took another week off just because I have a busy job that I know will make it hard to get fluid in .

Just wondering how you all are doing with weight loss 2 weeks out ?

HW 222, SW 218 , CW 208

Ps to those struggling with soft food . I started with thin retried beens and cheese and it was fine . eggs don't sit well . Split pea Soup was good .. Thicker than others .

I have lost 14 pounds since 7/12. But since I started eating puree foods it has slowed down. At first I was losing about a pound a day. Now it is a lot less

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I've lost 20 since surgery but I'm expecting it to slow down dramatically. I am super thrilled today because I have already had 24 on of Fluid. No Protein yet but that's huge for me. In a month, this will all be a faint memory.

Hi ! I've been reading these forums for months but haven't posted until now . I was sleeved July 12 th also and doing well but I have hit a stall this week and actually gained a pound this am and it's depressing me . BariatricPal App

Could it be that time of the month? I gain 2-3lbs during that time. Some women gain up to 5lbs.

Also a ten pound loss in two weeks is still an accomplishment!