Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in the soft food stage and notice that sometimes after I eat I feel sick, like I have flu or something. Today I ate some pureed chicken to which I added a bit of plain Greek yogurt. After I felt like I would throw up, felt really bad. It passes after about 30 minutes. Could it be what I'm eating? I'm eating slowly, small amounts. No liquids 20 minutes before or after.

I think you may be eating a bit too much. Even with small amounts, one bite too many makes a huge difference. I got very uncomfortable twice and when I cut back a wee bit, hasn't happened again. It is hard for us to judge when to stop and is all part of our learning process. In reality, we are in a lifetime of learning.

I have had this happen, I agree it may be size of bites or overall amount affecting you. I am a 30/30 liquid taboo around meals, maybe that would help?

Are you weighing/measuring your food. How much are you trying to eat in one sitting right now?

I am at 2oz at each meal, and I measure.

I am at 2oz at each meal, and I measure.

Hmm. That's what my NUT had me on at that stage as well, so I don't have any real advice. I do know that "full" for me post-op was more about feeling uncomfortable, nauseous, and kind of getting cold sweats. I try to avoid that feeling at all costs.

You know I am not really have the problems, I was just sharing that i can feel bad (happened maybe twice) if i eat too fast or too big of bite. @@JamieLogical I thought your question was coming from @triplethreat

Need to read closer, forgive me I ate lunch late today!

When you start on soft foods. Eat one thing at time. Don't mix things. If you eat just chicken, you would know if your issue is chicken. If you eat just yogurt you would know it is yogurt.

@@JamieLogical what you describe is just what I feel so perhaps it is overeating.

I'm trying to eat 2 ounces per meal, sometimes it's a struggle to finish. I have eaten puréed chicken, and I have eaten Greek yogurt, separately before together. Not sure if the combo mattered. If that is overeating then forgot about it, it's miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There are some days when I can have 4 ounces, and some when 3 makes me want to puke. Why? Heck if I know, it is what it is. Just work to pay attention to the signals your body is sending you. Your sleeve could be smaller than others.

@@daniotra I read the recipe for ricotta bake, and it sounds super high fat for the soft foods period. It definitely sounds delicious, but is it really acceptable???

@@daniotra I read the recipe for ricotta bake, and it sounds super high fat for the soft foods period. It definitely sounds delicious, but is it really acceptable???

I lived off of ricotta bake in my soft foods stage. You really shouldn't be worrying about calories and fat in your early food stages. It's not possible to eat enough to do any damage. During the food stages, you should just be worried about Protein, Water, and getting enough calories to live!

Low fat ricotta and low fat cottage cheese are on my food lists. eggs are ok in a recipe (I'm not supposed to do them straight until 8 weeks). I used low fat mozzarella as well. I can barely eat two ounces of this. My macro calculations came out to 61 calories, 3.4 grams fat, 2.5 carbs, and 6.2 grams Protein for two ounces. You could cut the fat by eliminating or reducing the Parmesan.

Okay, the recipe I read called for full-fat cheese.

@@JamieLogical I was warned that high fat would make me feel awful, which is my main concern with the bake. I mean, I *might* have already bought the ingredients to make it...). So if everyone says it's a green light dish, count me in!!!