Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

Today I had my temporary last appointment & today my paper work goes to insurance for approval. I'm so nervous. How long does this process usually take?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by acm21_

I still have 3 months before I get to this point, but I know my surgeon's office said my insurance (Tricare Prime) takes about 2 weeks. They said the avg for most insurances is 30 days.

Well that's not to bad

Most insurance companies have about 14 days, but you usually hear back sooner. But I would call them to make sure they receive your paper work. I've seen quiet a few people on here that wait and when they call the insurance company they say they haven't received the paperwork.

That sounds like a great idea, I'm going to call tomorrow morning. I just left my EKG appointment, so I want to give them time before I call.

My insurance (Cigna) took exactly a week after submission to approve.

WOW, sounds like a lo to positive responses!!! Girl, you are close to your dreaming happening.

I go in Tuesday for my last class then we submit to insurance. I really hope we hear back soon after sending it out.

It's starting to feel real, and once I get the approval call things are real! Best of luck I hope you get the go a head call soon!!

My last diet check is tomorrow, and then the paperwork gets sent to Anthem. Hoping for a quick response! Good Luck to you!

Thank you everyone!!! I'm really nervous. Good luck to all of you!

My insurance company received my paperwork for pre authorization on Wednesday 7/27 at 3:30pm and I received my approval today Friday 7/29 at about 4:00pm so about 48 hours. My last weigh in was Thursday 7/21 and my insurance coordinator faxed my paperwork over on 6 days later on 7/27. It actually took longer for my insurance coordinator to send my paperwork then get the approval. I was super nervous and stressed especially since I was 7 lbs short of the weight my surgeon wanted me to lose, but by the grace of god I was approved. Good luck to you. It will all work out!

When I first joined the group I Wes quite up set my surgeon told me the network were trying to drop him from there network and if I want to continue I would have to self pay well I had to miss a apptment but did get a call the week later said for my fo schudule a appt to come and get started where we left off dr Richardson when over my testing thr EDG and colonoscopy they are fine just the hiatal hernia he will fix in surgery now next appt is on August 16th I completed all my checklist everything is finish by the time my appt come we are all done with my checklist

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by perksgirl

I had my first appointment with my surgeon to go over everything last week, he gave me 15 lbs to lose in 6 wks at my next appointment. After this past appointment they were supposed to send in my paperwork to insurance it's been a week and insurance still doesn't have it and no one is answering their phones voice mail or email. I'm hoping to hear something Monday or I have a feeling I'm just going to have to go up to the office if they continue to not answer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App