Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today, I hate being a woman.

Shoot! I may go the route my mom went and just have a full hysterectomy before that happens to me... She never went through menopause, really. Just takes replacement hormones since she doesn't have ovaries anymore.

Being a woman is such fun. Now that I've got a good bleed going (FINALLY) the symptoms have stopped. People think I'm crazy when I want my period to arrive - my PMS is extraordinarily wicked and when the blood flows that means my progesterone-induced insanity finally goes away!

Feels good to be "me" again :)

WLSResources/ClothingExch@ - You are indeed one to envy. Full-blown PMS is absolutely no joke. I think I actually classify as PMDD. Fun fact: there's nothing I can do about it! Thanks, Doctor!

Well golly. Silly me thought menopause: great. White pants whenever you want. No more needing supplies while camping. Etc Ha. Joke was on me.
Not ready for mood swings and hot flashes. My ob/gym calmly said the average menopause symptoms last about 7 years! Are you serious??
Waking up drenched was so not on my radar. Hoping I'm nearing the end.
Glad WLS solved the 10-15 lb gain that is common however ....

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch "going thru menopause" is more than just having your periods stop, your periods need to be stopped for a year to be considered as having gone thru, and the symptoms we all hear about mood swings crazy hot flashes, night sweats etc can last for many years before after the periods have stopped. I went thru a premature menopause. My periods stopped when I was 39. I had been having menopause symptoms for a few years before that and also for years after, so much fun!

To the OP- I have two words

Uterine ablation

Best damn procedure ever.

They remove, cauterize, then uterine lining. Basically? Insert what is like a balloon (a bladder) into your uterus, and inflate the dang thing with boilin hot Water. Sound horrid? Medieval? Nope. You're in a state like a colonoscopy and don't know what's happening. After that? No more periods!!! Mine was done over 12 years ago and I've "spotted" MAYBE 10 times. For all of one "wipe" worth if you get my drift.

Funny thing? All of the typical PMS symptoms vanished with it. No mood swings, uncontrollable need to munch, nada. AND NO PERIOD!!

Now, as I approach menopausal age, I have NO CLUE if I'm in it! Lol. No stopped periods to watch for, and I'm good with that!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thrilled to be in the post menopausal stage as well. The day I threw out all the period related material (pads, tampons, etc), was one of the happiest of my life. ????

At least nowadays they've improved somewhat on the convenience factor. Anyone else remember the pads that came with gauze strips on both ends? The kind that you either had to safety pin to your underwear, or use with that ridiculous little white garter belt. Now that was suffering.

Thrilled to be in the post menopausal stage as well. The day I threw out all the period related material (pads, tampons, etc), was one of the happiest of my life.

At least nowadays they've improved somewhat on the convenience factor. Anyone else remember the pads that came with gauze strips on both ends? The kind that you either had to safety pin to your underwear, or use with that ridiculous little white garter belt. Now that was suffering.

Omg yes!!! I went to Catholic school for 12 years and that is the ONLY kind the nuns kept for an "emergency". A box, with the "belt" included!!! I was using tampons by 8th grade, and when I was handed that the first time- I almost bust out laughing and asked the nun "are you F-ing KIDDING me???"

The thought of detention and kneeling in front of the Virgin Mary for an hour after school shut my mouth fast!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ha! Too funny! I too drew a line in the sand over the garter contraption. I went with the safety pins and lived in dire fear that at any moment they might pop open and skewer my va-ja-ja. ????

Thrilled to be in the post menopausal stage as well. The day I threw out all the period related material (pads, tampons, etc), was one of the happiest of my life.

I never wore the one with the safety pins, but my mom did! Funny story: When I was about 7 or 8, she was in the bathroom and asked me to get her a safety pin. I asked her what it was for, and I literally thought she was going to pin it to herself through her skin! I thought, I never want to grow up!!

I had some awful experiences with PMS. I can't remember how many times I nearly quit jobs I loved and broke up with perfectly good (at the time) boyfriends, only to realize a few days later (when my period started) that there was nothing wrong with said job or boyfriend. It was like waking from a psychotic nightmare! Then I would get the cramps -- during my period.

My first hot flashes started in my mid 30's and I've had them off and on since then. My last period was about 2 1/2 years ago, at 48 years old. I have some mild mood swings, but nothing compared to the crazy episodes I had with PMS! The only difference is I never know when to expect them.

LOL. I love your post mostly because I have related to it my whole life. In 2003 my OB/GYN finally said to me, Deb you have been suffering with endometriosis since you were in your early 20's. Clearly you don't intent to have more children have you considered a hysterectomy. I immediately signed up and it was the best surgery I ever had.

Then about 7 years of pure bliss later I became peri menopausal and life as I knew if for 7 years changed again. Hot flashes and mood swings galore. It is now 2016 and the hot flashes and mood swings are still here driving me nuts. Last week I was watching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I was balling like a big old baby over a show I have seen no less than 10 times.

About 6 months ago I sat my husband down and said Honey, I love you and I want to apologize for all the crazy mood swings that I have laid at your feet. He says to me, I don't really feel like you do that. I said, I am apologizing in advance! LOL......you can just feel it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but PMS and I had it very bad, is nothing compared to menopausal mood swings and the million hot flashes, soaked pajamas.....the list goes on and on.

WTF, does the fun for us women ever end? I pray that it does soon! LOL

Sorry to say but it does end with menopause ending and some medication. At least on my part. I agree-PMS, hysterectomy, perimenopause, menopause. Bawling like 10 babies or enough irritability to lift a house. Taking a SSRI med is what has absolutely saved my sanity (and also hubs).

Sent from my XT1096 using the BariatricPal App

@@The Candidate

LOL! I remember them! Oh my gosh those stupid garter belts and giant Kotex or diapers as I referred to them. I was like Mom, seriously get in the real world, this is so old school. As soon as I could figure out how to use a tampon I did.

Now my granddaughters....both got their periods at 10, are using tampons and they are only 12. Poor things!

And menopause sucks! Especially if you have had a hysterectomy because you have zero indication of when it is really over.

Recently I found a essential oil from young living called progesterone plus. Oh my gosh!!! Within 3 days of putting this oil on my wrists and neck, my 50+ miserable hot flashes per day literally stopped. I swear it!!!

Unfortunately I was stupid and ran out last week and my next shipment is not due to arrive until tomorrow. I have been quickly ramping up again for the last 3 days. They seem milder so as soon as I get my oil, it's going back on!

That oil works for female moodiness, hot flashes...etc. it is just a great all around essential oil for us women to use and I seriously never thought in a million years it would do diddly, but it does and now I am using oils for everything. I have stopped Migraines on both me and my granddaughter and I am even about to start diffusing a blend called release for my husband. He is a courier driver and seriously has developed a seriously bad crabbiness while driving. This oil is used for getting rid of anger and general crankiness. I told him I am going to bathe him in it. LOL.

@@The Candidate Yes! When I started using the pads there were two kinds the adhesive ones that stuck inside your underwear and the older style with the long strips of material that you attached to a belt. The belts were a thin belt that went around your waist with straps that hung down to attach the pad to. A garter belt. This was in the early '70's.

@@The Candidate Yes! When I started using the pads there were two kinds the adhesive ones that stuck inside your underwear and the older style with the long strips of material that you attached to a belt. The belts were a thin belt that went around your waist with straps that hung down to attach the pad to. A garter belt. This was in the early '70's.

Ahh.... the 70's. If we can survive disco we can survive anything! ????

Does anyone has experience with vsg and endometriosis? I have horrible endometriosis and have been on continuous bcp for 2 years. Well, I don't know if it's the estrogen in the fat or the surgery not letting my bcp work. But I've started my period - which rarely happens, as I keep the bcp going every day. This is prescribed to me, btw. Confirmed endo last year.

Anyway - can anyone relate or help? I think it's playing a part in why I feel so sick. I'm 1 week post vsg.