Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just arranged all my first appointments today, first I have to attend a seminar before they will schedule my initial consultation, then I learn from my insurance company that I will be required to do 6 months of medically supervised weight loss. I was all excited about taking the plunge and getting the ball rolling on this and now I'm feeling like this is gonna take forever

I'm right here with you! I can't wait to be productively working towards my goals...I feel like right now I'm just hurrying up to wait good luck to you, I hope the time goes by quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm right here with you! I can't wait to be productively working towards my goals...I feel like right now I'm just hurrying up to wait good luck to you, I hope the time goes by quickly!

It will feel like forever but building up to the actual day you get approved and your date is gonna be so sweet and victorious! I wish ypu the best!

I just arranged all my first appointments today, first I have to attend a seminar before they will schedule my initial consultation, then I learn from my insurance company that I will be required to do 6 months of medically supervised weight loss. I was all excited about taking the plunge and getting the ball rolling on this and now I'm feeling like this is gonna take forever

Frenchie, trust me, you'll want the time. I started my process in January and I hit a few snags with insurance. I'm just having my surgery on August 8th. I needed the time to process all of this and to prepare. It's definitely about more than just "weight loss". I'm realizing exactly how much of this is in my brain because this liquid diet is challenging me Lol Make use of your time wisely...think about how you got this far and why...and embrace your journey.

Dawnie_doo

I went through the same thing! Started in Nov, surgery in july. I'm thankful for the time though. It gave me time to train myself with me healthy habits. The time seriously flew by!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I haven't even seen my doctor yet. Lol. Talk about long process. I have Kaiser and it sounds like I will deal with much of the same as they have required classes that take 3 months. I was put off by it at first but I think I will be ok. I have the holidays in between to keep me busy. Hopefully I can get surgery in the beginning of next year.

I was in the same place as you... It's took me over a year to have surgery.. With that time I Learned a lot and about food. So take this time to learn trust me you'll need..

I've been going through the same thing since last November but it pays off! I was approved and am scheduled for surgery Aug 4 (although there was a setback because my surgeon got into a skiing accident and was out for a month and a half) so he was backed up. I was supposed to have been able to have surgery a month ago. It's soooooo worth it!

~~ LadyDarkness415 ~~

It does go by quickly, especially with all of the appointments needed during the time. I know back in April when I started this in earnest, I thought August was SO FAR AWAY. Now I have my surgeon appointment tomorrow, pre-op diet starting in a week, and am 3 weeks away from THE DAY.

I know it feels like you'll be waiting a lifetime, but I'm glad they made me do them. I learned a lot from them. Take this time to focus on you and learn how this tool will help you. Hang in there you can do it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Your process sounds exactly like mine. I started this journey on January of this year and will have surgery the day after tomorrow. My surgery would have been last month but it was delayed bc when the GI ordered my endoscopy they found a bacteria that had to be treated for 6 weeks.

Just this morning my office neighbor and I were talking about me already having surgery, time flied though, it feels like just yesterday I told him I had decided to do it.

When you least expect it you'll be in my same shoes, trust me.

Good luck!

It happens to all of us. Even if your insurance doesn't require anything, it's still a process.

Last year during the summer I started the process. I went to all appointments (doctor, nut, psych.. everything) I dropped close to 50lbs on my new diet they put me on and everything. Just before I got my date they denied me because I had been a smoker and they thought I would go back to smoking after.

Can you believe it?!?! Why not tell me first instead of having me go through all of that just to let me down. Since then I have gained all the weight back but I still don't smoke!!!!!!!

I decided I wasn't going to give up so I went to a different place and had a few appointments and have a couple more but I'm also having surgery November 14! I finally got a date and it's been a year.

Everything happens for a reason even if we don't know what it is at the time. I just lost my mother and nephew a few months ago and I possibly would have stretched my stomach by emotional eating.. there was my reason. The world works in mysterious ways. What's meant to be will be. It will be worth the wait. If you really want something bad enough you will make it happen.

Good luck! Don't give up.

Sorry for such a long response lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App