Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. So I know that by posting this, I'm opening myself up to lots of backlash and criticism... But i will still go ahead with this post because I really do need words of advice, wisdom...

I am 2 weeks out from surgery. I knew very clearly that surgery will not be the magic pill. I knew I would have to work very hard making good food choices, eating slowly, and eating the right amount. But... I have frequently been making bad food choices and forgetting to eat slowly. Each time this happens I deal with lots of pain and sometimes vomit. I feel that there is a disconnect between my brain and my mouth. I know what I'm supposed to be doing. I know this is the only way to succeed post vsg , but I am still having a hard time putting it into practice...

Sent from my LGMS345 using the BariatricPal App

It certainly is not easy. I think you may want to talk to a therepist about this. Sounds like you may still have some unresolved issues around food. Good luck!

Write a list of all the things you want to do after losing weight. Keep it where you can read it when you're having cravings. Keep repeating to yourself why you need to stick to your plan. This is not only sabotaging your weight loss but it's very dangerous this early out. You could cause complications. Stay strong! I recommend therapy too.

Thank you for your responses. I know therapy is definitely needed. I just hope i can be helped. I am so frustrated with myself. Who in their right mind does these things so soon after surgery?? Am I completely hopeless??????

Therapist will be great for when you can get a series of appointments.......but right now you have to consider your safety.

There should not be anything resembling food going into your mouth at this point....in my opinion. liquids only this early out. Allow yourself to heal.

Please be very careful.

Thank you for your responses. I know therapy is definitely needed. I just hope i can be helped. I am so frustrated with myself. Who in their right mind does these things so soon after surgery?? Am I completely hopeless??

Completely hopeless? Of course not!

In need of a swift kick in the pants? Yep! :)

Pick up the phone before the sun sets again and make an app'tment to see a "bariatric friendly" therapist and another app'tment to speak with your NUT. Your bariatric surgeon's office will be able to recommend ones for you.

Now and until your therapy app'tments, put your big girl panties and MOVE FOREWARD. You know what you have to do. DO IT!

Why did you have WLS in the first place? Put reminders of the reasons on your fridge, cabinets, night stands, mirrors---everywhere throughout the house. When you spot one of your reminder notes, STOP and read it ---out loud. That should re-enforce your initial commitment.

Concentrate on fluids, fluids and then some more---fluids..

Let your surgery site heal. Think--FLUIDS.

You can do this. You know you can or you wouldn't have made it down your WLS path this far.

NOW, JUST DO IT!!!!

I'm rooting for you. You're just in need of a "pep rally". :)

Yup! A pep rally sounds perfect! Thanks for yours :). U gave wonderful ideas, thank you!

I'm the exact same way I'm a week post op and I'm so damn hungry I ate a salad, but I really wanted chick-Fil-a. It's hard, just keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Were you able to get the salad down? That's something I'm afraid to try lol :)

I know that wls is pretty much the last base, and i hope i can succeed...

Good luck to you!

Oh dear...

I won't try to shame you into doing what it right nor will I tell you what I think you are doing "wrong" in my opinion.

Talk to your doctor. She/he is your best council. Your body is your best measure, but all together, it's up to you. Your efforts will equal your results.

I am rooting for you!

Oh dear...

I won't try to shame you into doing what it right nor will I tell you what I think you are doing "wrong" in my opinion.

Talk to your doctor. She/he is your best council. Your body is your best measure, but all together, it's up to you. Your efforts will equal your results.

I am rooting for you!

Thank you for your support! I'm open to hearing your opinion on what I'm doing wrong, but gentle please :)

Our stomachs take a while to heal. Surgeons put us on food plans to phase different food in so we won't cause the stomach to have to work to digest too hard while it is healing. Even if you dont throw up, you can be doing harm to yourself. It really can be serious, even life threatening. Ask yourself if it is worth risking a leak before you consider making a poor choice again.

The fact that you are aware and asked for real feedback is a big step in the right direction. You can do this.

Our stomachs take a while to heal. Surgeons put us on food plans to phase different food in so we won't cause the stomach to have to work to digest too hard while it is healing. Even if you dont throw up, you can be doing harm to yourself. It really can be serious, even life threatening. Ask yourself if it is worth risking a leak before you consider making a poor choice again.

The fact that you are aware and asked for real feedback is a big step in the right direction. You can do this.

Thank you for the feedback. By pointing out the leak risk and danger, you've given me a strong deterrent. I hope that can keep me in check...

I really appreciate this forum and everyone who takes the time to answer questions and give advice!

I'm a month out and it's hard for me to eat slow. I will eat things that are on my list but I can never wait 5 minutes. It's hard for me and I do try but I feel like it's not hard for me to swallow which I'm scared that I stretched out my pouch already. So I feel you I to feel hungry but it's the times I'm just bored and I try to keep busy. It's so hard and I understand. I hope you remind your self that you can do it and you are make the right moves.

Oh dear...

I am rooting for you!

Thank you for your support! I'm open to hearing your opinion on what I'm doing wrong, but gentle please :)

Nope. :) I'm not "gentle" by nature. Sounds to me like you KNOW what you are doing wrong. Nothing I can tell you and nothing your team can tell you if you choose not to do it.

You just have to make up your mind to it and make it happen!