Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having surgery on August 5th. I currently weigh 241. I would like to be under 200 by mid-December (4 and a half months). Is this a realistic goal or no?

Ambitious but not impossible. You are saying you would lose about 10 lbs a month. Goals are for motivation so don't be discouraged if you are a few pounds short, just keep working.

I'm sure you'll get there, it's very doable. A friend of mine got the Gastric Sleeve and lost 100 lbs in 7 months. She looks fantastic.

Our stats are similar. I'm 5 weeks post op and have lost 29.5 pounds. The first 3 weeks I lost 21 pounds, but it has slowed down now to 3 to 5 pounds a week.

Good Luck!

I have the band and lost that much in that amount of time. I lost 26 pounds the first month and then 12-15 pounds per month after that. I think the secret to my success is that my doctor gave me a 3cc. fill while I was still in surgery, everyone that has that done loses really quickly.

@@CLN.BK

This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. First I would say you will have no problem reaching your weight goal if you follow the plan your doctor provides.

I personally do not believe in setting a goal that requires me to get to a certain place by a certain time. For me that can be demotivating and with this type of weight loss, your body requires breaks along the way making hitting a time sensitive goal very challenging. Instead I set myself up for mini goals along the way and that motivates me to keep going.

My first goal was getting from 310 to 250, the next goal I set was hitting 100 lb loss overall, the next one was hitting onederland and that was super exciting for me. Then as I got closer to where I wanted to be, I would set mini goals and reward myself with new bras, or a new smaller sized jeans.

Somewhere along the line I finally believed I could actually get to my 165 goal which is an ideal weight for me.

Once you hit your goal you reassess how you feel in this new body.

My motivation now is plastics. The longer I remain within 5 lbs of my goal the better and that means I stabilized. Once you stabilize you can treat your self to a procedure that makes you feel better about yourself.

10 days ago, I had my first plastics. I had an arm lift.

what is a fill?

I have the band and lost that much in that amount of time. I lost 26 pounds the first month and then 12-15 pounds per month after that. I think the secret to my success is that my doctor gave me a 3cc. fill while I was still in surgery, everyone that has that done loses really quickly.

It's absolutely achievable.

Stay on track and adhere to your pre-op diet and lose all you can prior to surgery.....exercise frequently......and don't add in high-carb foods on the puree stage......stay with quality Protein and you'll do just fine.

Stay on track.

Stay motivated.

Eat only to live, not live to eat.

Move as much as you can, as often as you can.

The one thing you have total control of is what goes into your body. Own this.

Give yourself the gift of Onederland for Christmas this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is a fill?

A fill is when you get Fluid added to your band to help keep you full for longer periods.

It was my experience that I lost weight really fast the first 3 months. I started much heavier than you, but to give you a rough idea - I had lost nearly 100# in 6 months. It took me an additional 8 months to lose the last 50!

I am one of those that advocates strict adherence to the "plan" during the honeymoon period (usually first 6-18 months post op), get to goal, and then adjust as needed for maintaining. If you are committed and focused, you have a good chance of hitting (exceeding) that goal.

I would like to share a thought though... time boxing weight loss is part of my old bad ways of thinking. I don't time box it anymore, I view it more like I view fitness - an ongoing work in process.

I hit goal in Feb 2013 and since then swing under goal, swing back a few over, relose it etc. I think that is my new normal and I just try to keep those swings in the realm of reason.

Yes , I concur that the old way of thinking of weight loss: I could lose X by this date is no longer useful to many of us.

I think in bigger terms these days. It was a good week... It was a good month... It was a shi**y day

And bad choices were made.

On to tomorrow .. Starting with a Protein Drink and give it my best.

All I can truly do is try. And dust myself off and try again [emoji93]