Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WEAR. IT.

Holy Guacamole!

Today was the first time EVER I have not had to ask for a seatbelt extender on a plane. The last time I flew was March from Istanbul, Turkey, and required one. They also made me sit in my own row since a passenger complained about being "of size."

So in 18 weeks I've managed to take off enough weight to not be mortified anymore! Also, they let me sit in the emergency row AND the arm on the seat went down!

BOO-YAH.

In Seattle for a few days working with the Symphony up here. Real concern though: eating out. I've been making extremely conscious choices, but I haven't eaten out in basically six weeks. Having no control over my food while networking is super concerning. No alcohol. Nothing fried. It's a start anyway.

Hope all my loves are doing well this week here, let me know how you are,

—K

post-294988-14694254689404_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14694254864666_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14694255035229_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I love these NSVs. Congrats. Don't sweat the eating out. You may find it's not such a challenge when you realize the camaraderie and conversation is so much better when you aren't focused on the food. Make the right choice when you are looking at the menu, and then just sit back and enjoy.

Congratulations. Normally they reserve the emergency row on the plane for those that are fit because they may need to open the emergency exit doors. So they perceived you as being athletically fit.

eating out - Soups, chili, non-fried appetizer (shrimp cocktail is always a good choice), or order an entree that fits into your program's parameters (nothing fried, basically Protein and vegetables) and just eat a cup of it (or however much you're supposed to be eating now). Then have them box up the rest (that is, if your hotel room has a fridge!)

congrats on the plane thing - that was a huge NSV for me as well!

Congrats!!! I travel a lot too because of work, the arm rest not going all the way down makes me feel like crap :(

Great news. The only down side I see is not having a row to one's self when one may want a snooze or to stay quiet and private.

Anticipating the first restaurant meals is understandable. I think that you'll breeze through because you've got this thing sewed up.

I overate yesterday by 923 calories (oi) and that was with being careful. What put me over the top? The Starbucks Macchiato/the panini I had when I got off the plane ravenous. I'm not supposed to have any gluten at all—and between that and the half a sandwich at dinner I was up all night sick.

Being tired, you crave carbs, which creates a vicious cycle BUT—

Today I've been ultra careful, and have another 1300 calories to consume—the pizza place across from the hotel has a small gluten free pizza option and I have loaded it up with veggies/lean Protein. I also found a Jimmy John's THANK GOODNESS so that I can do the unwich. Total lifesaver.

Am going to walk three miles which will make up for yesterday...proof is in the pudding that researching and planning ahead is critical for success though.

Great news. The only down side I see is not having a row to one's self when one may want a snooze or to stay quiet and private.

Anticipating the first restaurant meals is understandable. I think that you'll breeze through because you've got this thing sewed up.

@@fatgirlsvelte --

Babycakes, what have I told you time and again about Starbucks macchiato and Machu Picchu? The fussy coffees made with 2% milk are killers.

But that was yesterday and this is today. I have faith in you. Keep in mind, though, that even gluten-free is high-cal unless we're talking cauliflower pizza crust rather than grain flour. "Plan ahead" is correct. You're fine.

P.S. If the parenthetical "oi" in your first line in an abbreviation, I don't know it. "Over indulged," maybe? If, however, it's what I think it may be, try "oy" for transliteration authenticity.

I love "Oi" abbreviated as "over indulgence" hahahah!!! ... "Oi," in my world, is Scots' common slang for "Hey!" (in a bad connotation).

Yesterday was fine even with the gluten-free pizza (ate 1/2 of it); today's dinner?

Local Seattle artisan foods. Don't usually drink but I have two drinks in my system at the moment. Ordered prawns, brocollini, almond crusted goat cheese and a quarter-loaf, and hipster homemade milk-chocolate ice cream with the whiskey. I'm hardly above my calorie limits on the full-food plan, but it's definitely not foods included on the plan... It also isn't McDonalds. I know we aren't supposed to attach emotions to food, but do have to say this may be the best meal I've ever had as far as flavor pairings. My initial goal was to avoid alcohol all together...but it didn't happen.

(See pictures for portions, foo-foo fussy).

Not beating myself up. Over-Indulgences don't happen often in my end anymore, and it's my last night in Seattle. Lost five+ pounds in the last week, and with my activity ... just truly doesn't matter. BUT it can't be a daily thing

((And I just got that bill... It absolutely WILL NOT be a daily thing. HA!))

Cheers!

post-294988-14695800954364_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14695801069103_thumb.jpg

post-294988-1469580124939_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14695801467297_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14695801594277_thumb.jpg

@@fatgirlsvelte --

Babycakes, what have I told you time and again about Starbucks macchiato and Machu Picchu? The fussy coffees made with 2% milk are killers.

But that was yesterday and this is today. I have faith in you. Keep in mind, though, that even gluten-free is high-cal unless we're talking cauliflower Pizza Crust rather than grain flour. "Plan ahead" is correct. You're fine.

P.S. If the parenthetical "oi" in your first line in an abbreviation, I don't know it. "Over indulged," maybe? If, however, it's what I think it may be, try "oy" for transliteration authenticity.

post-294988-14695801351798_thumb.jpg

Edited by fatgirlsvelte

I love "Oi" abbreviated as "over indulgence" hahahah!!! ... "Oi," in my world, is Scots' common slang for "Hey!" (in a bad connotation).

Yesterday was fine even with the gluten-free pizza (ate 1/2 of it); today's dinner?

Local Seattle artisan foods. Don't usually drink but I have two drinks in my system at the moment. Ordered prawns, brocollini, almond crusted goat cheese and a quarter-loaf, and hipster homemade milk-chocolate ice cream with the whiskey. I'm hardly above my calorie limits on the full-food plan, but it's definitely not foods included on the plan... It also isn't McDonalds. I know we aren't supposed to attach emotions to food, but do have to say this may be the best meal I've ever had as far as flavor pairings. My initial goal was to avoid alcohol all together...but it didn't happen.

Not beating myself up. Over-Indulgences don't happen often in my end anymore, and it's my last night in Seattle. Lost five+ pounds in the last week, and with my activity ... just truly doesn't matter. BUT it can't be a daily thing

Cheers!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580094.454404.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580106.035895.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580124.221856.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580145.785025.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580158.559611.jpg

@@fatgirlsvelte --

But that was yesterday and this is today. I have faith in you. Keep in mind, though, that even gluten-free is high-cal unless we're talking cauliflower Pizza Crust rather than grain flour. "Plan ahead" is correct. You're fine.

All right, girl... I have been rooting for you since your bathing suit post for real and I am so happy for your success!!

That said, I would not be me if I did not say **based on my experiences** to slow your roll a bit. The bread, alcohol, ice cream, all in one meal at four months out?

No. You should not deprive yourself (that's why I got the sleeve vs bypass), but maybe pick ONE of the three vices?

The servings of all are teeny, but put together, that's a pretty big meal -- one I couldn't handle at 3 years post op. Added all together, that is certainly over my 1500 calorie range, and at four months, I was still at 500 - 800 calories, but again, that's just me. YOU DO YOU. You know what's best for you. :) Just consider my opinion.

I'm currently in Pre-op classes until December 31st; my surgery should take place in mid-January. The weight I've lost so far pre-op (386➡️331.8) has been on my own full-food. The doctor said I won't have to go on liquids until 48-hours before surgery.

I think with the surgery I would have not been able to consume even 1/3 of this!?

Does it say somewhere that I've had the surgery? I'm pre-op right now. Maybe I messed up an option?

Cheers!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580094.454404.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580106.035895.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580124.221856.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580145.785025.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469580158.559611.jpg

@@fatgirlsvelte --

All right, girl... I have been rooting for you since your bathing suit post for real and I am so happy for your success!!

That said, I would not be me if I did not say **based on my experiences** to slow your roll a bit. The bread, alcohol, ice cream, all in one meal at four months out?

No. You should not deprive yourself (that's why I got the sleeve vs bypass), but maybe pick ONE of the three vices?

The servings of all are teeny, but put together, that's a pretty big meal -- one I couldn't handle at 3 years post op. Added all together, that is certainly over my 1500 calorie range, and at four months, I was still at 500 - 800 calories, but again, that's just me. YOU DO YOU. You know what's best for you. :) Just consider my opinion.

NBD at all! Let me know if it says I'm post op somewhere and will change it. Looked at my profile from the phone and can't tell--will double check the desk top version shortly!

Trust me—alcohol is going to be a no-go post surgery whatsoever. Am so effing worried about trading addictions that I won't risk it. I have the binge-eating well under control two years into BED psychotherapy at this point, but the only addiction that I'll risk trading for is bringing back my passion for surfing a decade ago.

I have a "**good food** bucket list," plan—Mostly I eat very well now, but every once in awhile since I've elected to pursue the surgery indulge with something on the list ... ehm, "with awareness," if that makes sense? The citrus, crunchy, chicken, and spicy food off-limits items post-surgery is incredibly saddening, so on my bucket list I have tangerines, jalapeños, chicken, and nuts 5x per week pre-op scheduled into my calendar HAHAHAHA. The bucket list isn't fast-food filled, just stuff that I'm going to have to give up totally for at least 18-24 months post-op.

Long gone are the days of eating a whole extra-large greasy pizza, but did have a few slices of that gluten-free pizza last night (picture here so you can see what I made at MOD. Very thin, funky pizza, 11-inches across)--in fact, throwing the rest of it out was upsetting a bit. Am still learning the "leave food on your plate," thing. I do it, but for some reason it inherently upsets me—thankful to have almost six more months to work on this mindset.

post-294988-14695838582137_thumb.jpg

OH DEAR LORD!! I screwed up!! YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF.

I totally thought you were four months post op. HAAHAHAAA!!

You keep doing what you are doing, for REAL.

NBD at all! Let me know if it says I'm post op somewhere and will change it. Looked at my profile from the phone and can't tell--will double check the desk top version shortly!

Trust me—alcohol is going to be a no-go post surgery whatsoever. Am so effing worried about trading addictions that I won't risk it. I have the binge-eating well under control two years into BED psychotherapy at this point, but the only addiction that I'll risk trading for is bringing back my passion for surfing a decade ago.

I have a "**good food** bucket list," plan—Mostly I eat very well now, but every once in awhile since I've elected to pursue the surgery indulge with something on the list ... ehm, "with awareness," if that makes sense? The citrus, crunchy, chicken, and spicy food off-limits items post-surgery is incredibly saddening, so on my bucket list I have tangerines, jalapeños, chicken, and nuts 5x per week pre-op scheduled into my calendar HAHAHAHA. The bucket list isn't fast-food filled, just stuff that I'm going to have to give up totally for at least 18-24 months post-op.

Long gone are the days of eating a whole extra-large greasy pizza, but did have a few slices of that gluten-free pizza last night (picture here so you can see what I made at MOD. Very thin, funky pizza, 11-inches across)--in fact, throwing the rest of it out was upsetting a bit. Am still learning the "leave food on your plate," thing. I do it, but for some reason it inherently upsets me—thankful to have almost six more months to work on this mindset.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1469583857.141838.jpg

OH DEAR LORD!! I screwed up!! YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF.

I totally thought you were four months post op. HAAHAHAAA!!

You keep doing what you are doing, for REAL.

See y'all??

This is how ADULTS discuss issues and incidents. Mistake? Misunderstanding? Error in advice? IT's ALL GOOD!!! Just listen and HEAR what the other person is saying. It will all work out if you make the effort.

I misunderstood. I acknowledged that. NO BIG DEAL ON EITHER SIDE. Thanks @@fatgirlsvelte for understanding.

PSA over.