Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared out of my mind!

I'm so freaking scared.???? I go in tomorrow @6:30AM to have surgery @8:30AM. My nerves are horrible, and I feel so shaky and from being on clears. I'm so scared I'll pass out. Please tell me this will get better.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

You are good and you will continue to be good. I think you're experiencing a variation of stage fright. There's little that I can say to help you calm yourself before morning. Once you're at the hospital, though, you'll find that you're busy enough with answering questions for the medical records and being prepped for surgery that you won't have time to be nervous or fearful. The staff will chat you up if they see how you're feeling.

You're not going to pass out. For the rest of the day, put on music that makes you feel blissful. Jazz does it for me most often because, not only does it just sound damned good, it makes me think good things. When packing the things you'll take to the hospital, do it slowly; spread the activity out through the day so that, unchallenging as it is, it will help you keep occupied for a minute here and there. Whatever else you're doing today, pace it out for the same reason.

Take a few minutes in the morning (not today or tonight) to change the sheets. Again, it will occupy your mind and hands a bit and you'll come home to a fresh bed.

You'll sleep very well during surgery, of course, so well that you may be grumpy when the nurses start to wake you afterward. Enjoy the delicious feeling that you'll have somewhere in between there.

Most of all, trust me. You are good and you will continue to be good.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

You are good and you will continue to be good. I think you're experiencing a variation of stage fright. There's little that I can say to help you calm yourself before morning. Once you're at the hospital, though, you'll find that you're busy enough with answering questions for the medical records and being prepped for surgery that you won't have time to be nervous or fearful. The staff will chat you up if they see how you're feeling.

You're not going to pass out. For the rest of the day, put on music that makes you feel blissful. Jazz does it for me most often because, not only does it just sound damned good, it makes me think good things. When packing the things you'll take to the hospital, do it slowly; spread the activity out through the day so that, unchallenging as it is, it will help you keep occupied for a minute here and there. Whatever else you're doing today, pace it out for the same reason.

Take a few minutes in the morning (not today or tonight) to change the sheets. Again, it will occupy your mind and hands a bit and you'll come home to a fresh bed.

You'll sleep very well during surgery, of course, so well that you may be grumpy when the nurses start to wake you afterward. Enjoy the delicious feeling that you'll have somewhere in between there.

Most of all, trust me. You are good and you will continue to be good.

Thank-you so much!! My sheets are in the wash right now lol. :)

I'm so scared too! My surgery is next Monday and I'm having serious anxiety. It helps to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm so scared too! My surgery is next Monday and I'm having serious anxiety. It helps to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!

I'm so sorry you're so anxious as well. ???? I'll post an update as soon as I can tomorrow. I can't wait until it's completely over with!

Good luck! It will be done before you know it! Tomorrow is my one week sleeve anniversary

Good luck! I know in my heart everything will be good for both of us!

Thank you!

Good luck! It will be done before you know it! Tomorrow is my one week sleeve anniversary

Thank you so much! ???? & CONGRATS!!

It helps to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!

But you are, LRMD, you are.

Just teasing you with the "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" ploy I pull out of a hat every eight years or so. You, LRMD, shall be fine, a true champion.

Thinking about you today @8petals. I had mine 3 days ago and aside from hating this drain tube I'm stuck with, I feel great. I never even took the morphine in the hospital just the IV Tylenol. Truth be told the worst pain I had was a horrific headache.....I couldn't shake it.....nauseating it hurt so bad.....as soon as they let me have some hot tea, boom. It was gone....I guess caffeine withdrawals are worse than I gave them credit for. Let us know how your doing when you can.