Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port pulling with exercise

I have been banded around 7 months now. I have only done walking for exercise until today. Today I tried kickboxing at the gym to start changing it up and I could feel the muscles around my port pulling as I moved during exercise. It was not painful but it was very uncomforable and noticable. My port is located under my breasts smack center of my tummy about 6 inches above my belly button. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to pull it out of place. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

It sounds like we have the same port location. I have read about many sites for ports. Sides, lower and in between.

I am over 9 years out and will say that I do not put pressure directly on my port. It is not favorable to outside pressure on it.

It is not surprising to me that vigorous exercise to a newer port has caused discomfort. Heck. Even my underwire bra irritates my port at the end of a long day!

My experience is to let the area rest for a few days and hopefully it will not be so tender.

Good luck port pal.

(There are other posts from people who reanchor their port or have a lower profile port put in after weight loss.)

Thanks Ladies!

I am going again on Monday night. I think I might try wearing a Spanx and see if holding it in some helps. I am going to give it one more shot and see what happens. If it is still pulling excessivlely I am going to ask my doc about it. I am thinking maybe since I have not used those muscles in so long maybe it is just par for the course. Today is the day after and I don't have any pain in the area so I am hoping it was just my muscles saying WHOA! LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches