Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done on the 12th of this month, and right now I'm having the most difficult time. The pain isn't too bad anymore, only when I do certain activities. However if I drink a glass of Water too quickly or maybe swallow too much I can feel some pain in my chest. How long does that take to go away? I'm making a slow transition into soft foods, I tried a few bites of scrambled eggs the other day but ended up getting sick a few moments later. It's incredibly frustrating for me since all I want to do is to be able to take a bite of something solid no matter what it is. Any tips for getting through this? Or how long that pain will last?

I am 5 weeks a post op and still having trouble if I drink to fast or to much my stomach hurts and chest hurts hopefully it want be this way to much longer it's way worse with food so when u start eating eat slow

Sent from my iPhone

Don't rush yourself. I know you want to eat solids, but it sounds like your stomach doesn't want you to. 10 days is very early on. If they are giving you trouble, switch back to purees or full liquids for a week or so before trying again. It isn't a race.

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one who has that feeling. Definitely trying to keep myself preoccupied doing other things so I'm not so focused on it.

@@Nicole Kahla my doctor has me on full liquids until the 3rd week. I had my surgery on the 12th. So in a few days I will move to pureed food. Then about a week after that to soft foods. Maybe you are trying to do too much too soon. Tonight I will take a can of cream of chicken Soup out of the cupboard and heat it up and strain it to get any little bits of chicken out. I have to take small sips of anything i am eating/drinking at this point or it is uncomfortable.

I had my surgery on the 13th. I have no real sense of hunger, but holy #$%@ my brain is killing me with the need to feed. This is causing me to be cranky and anxious. I have had no real pain just a feeling like a gas cramp that disappears as soon as it onsets. I'm eating liquids and have had cottage cheese and a few spoonfuls of egg salad with no problems. My concern is that I haven't achieved that "Oh crap I'm too full" feeling. The Protein Shakes I make are close to a quart and I finish them with no problems in about 15 minutes. I'm losing weight and feel great, but this is to easy... am I doing something wrong?

I had my surgery on the 13th. I have no real sense of hunger, but holy #$%@ my brain is killing me with the need to feed. This is causing me to be cranky and anxious. I have had no real pain just a feeling like a gas cramp that disappears as soon as it onsets. I'm eating liquids and have had cottage cheese and a few spoonfuls of egg salad with no problems. My concern is that I haven't achieved that "Oh crap I'm too full" feeling. The Protein shakes I make are close to a quart and I finish them with no problems in about 15 minutes. I'm losing weight and feel great, but this is to easy... am I doing something wrong?

I haven't felt the restriction yet either. I can easily drink Water since day one, and get through Protein drinks, though I end up stopping before I'm finished the full amount as I don't want to push it. Drinking Water is no problem, maybe I'm just not as swollen as others. I have a few days before I start purée food, am hoping once solid food starts I feel a good bit of restriction....

@@Mcsleevy

1) AWESOME username

2) I'm in the same boat. My doc has me still on the full liquid diet, but tonight I finally broke down and at a bite of a broad noodle and felt less like I was loosing my mind. It's so hard to fight against my brain wanting more and knowing I can't (or shouldn't) yet.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was also sleeves on the 12th and I'm supposed to start soft foods tomorrow, one at a time. I'm excited but also worried since I'm also having pain when I drink Water or Protein for a bit . It's less often now but I'm still just doing sips. I'm gonna try some food tomoorow from my list but if I have a hard time I'll go back to liquids for a bit till it's easier.

I had my surgery on the 12th. My doctor has me on Clear Liquids for 3 weeks. I will have to look at my book to see what's neck. I was off pain meds 4 days later. Sometimes if I drink my Water or Protein shake too fast, it will hurt going down and my chest hurts as well. Sometimes I am hungry. I was proud of myself today because I thought about buying a large sweet tea from Sonic and I didn't.

I was also sleeved on the 12th n have been able to eat pureed/soft food for a cpl days. I had to have all my liquid n Water down for 5 days then could move on. The tightness I get is telling me I'm full. If you go past that it's gonna try n come back up I learned that the hard way. Also hick ups let's you know when your done some say or a burp. hope this helps a bit

☆Jeni☆

It's definitely frustrating having to continuously eat things that make you feel like you're not getting any substance. Which of course, I know it a mind thing more than anything else. But I told my doctor I'm literally dying to take a bite out of something, no matter what it is, an apple, a sandwich anything at all just so i can feel like an actual human. My doctor had me on Clear Liquids for 5 days, after that I moved to cream liquids and have practically been living off Soups, I am also able to eat oatmeal without a problem as well. My nutritionist told me I should be getting over a thousand calories per day and I know I'm not getting anywhere near that.

The other day when I had a few bites of eggs I ended up getting sick shortly after, coughing most of it up. I'm not sure if maybe I took bites that were too big or maybe ate too quickly but I tried to space it out. But the psychological part is definitely starting to get to me. I've had to decline plans with friends who wanted to go out to dinner or even birthday dinners since I knew I'd be surrounded by food I couldn't eat. I'm definitely starting to feel a bit isolated on a day to day basis. Especially since a lot of people aren't aware of my surgery yet.

My nutritionist told me a lot of people have a hard time getting scrambled eggs down and told me to try a boiled egg instead! I don't know if you like them but they told me it was a better choice to get down.