Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months countdown initiated

I had my first appt on July 21st. I met one of their RNs, my dietician, my surgeon and got labs drawn. Everyone was super nice and explained everything in detail. My financial coordinator is on top of everything. I have BCBS federal insurance and they only require a 3 month or 90 day supervised wt loss. Im so very excited, but I feel like I have a lot to do within those 90 days. I need a sleep study, medical clearance from my PCP and hematologist ( I had a DVT diagnoses in Feb), need to lose 10#, psych eval, chest X-ray, PFT, EKG, and ABG, and sit in an education class. My insurance is amazing. I feel like this is going to go by super fast. I'm praying for a November 2016 surgery date.

My dets: I'm 34, 5'2, 228.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi,

I am also starting this process. My insurance is Cigna and they require 90 days dietician consult as well but the coordinator told me it ends up being 4 visits due to first one is considered a consult. I had sleep study done, have an Appt with GI doc for EGD, need spot with my cardiologist for clearance and then I guess submit and see how it goes. So we will probly be having surgery , God willing I'm approved, around the same time in November. Good luck with everything????

Hi,

I am also starting this process. My insurance is Cigna and they require 90 days dietician consult as well but the coordinator told me it ends up being 4 visits due to first one is considered a consult. I had sleep study done, have an Appt with GI doc for EGD, need spot with my cardiologist for clearance and then I guess submit and see how it goes. So we will probly be having surgery , God willing I'm approved, around the same time in November. Good luck with everything

Thank you! And good luck to you as well. I pray we do. We can be buddies.

That would be awesome.. Where are you having surgery done? I live in Alabama but the Dr I'm using is Dr Frenzel in Dallas, Tx. His staff is great and they are making this process smooth for me.

That would be awesome.. Where are you having surgery done? I live in Alabama but the Dr I'm using is Dr Frenzel in Dallas, Tx. His staff is great and they are making this process smooth for me.

Baptist bariatrics in Jackson, MS

Oh ok.. My son just started at JSU ... He will be playing football there .. So I will be in Jackson during football n I'm so excited

I can't wait to come to the games and see my baby play ... I am also excited that I found a sleeve buddy.. I have my next nutrition visit on August 18 and my psych eval is July 29... Still need cardio clearance but I still have a little time ... I hope that I just get an approval on first submit but I'm remaining positive and I can't wait for us to pay after stats... I'm bringing positive vibes for us both ... We got this

I can't wait to come to the games and see my baby play ... I am also excited that I found a sleeve buddy.. I have my next nutrition visit on August 18 and my psych eval is July 29... Still need cardio clearance but I still have a little time ... I hope that I just get an approval on first submit but I'm remaining positive and I can't wait for us to pay after stats... I'm bringing positive vibes for us both ... We got this

Ok great!!!! My psych will call me Monday to schedule, she said they should be able to fit me in this week. Fingers crossed. Your Drs office counts your 1st visit as a nutrition visit? I need to call my insurance to clarify. They have me set up for my first NUT visit on Aug 1. I did meet with a dietician but idk what all falls under those parameters.

No the first visit is like consult ... Nutritionist said it ends up being like 4 visits total ... My psych eval and nutr visit are done via online thru a app like FaceTime and they charge my insurance so that is very convenient for me.. I just need to get spot for cardiac clearance n I will be done setting appt's ... Hoping November before turkey day I can be sleeved????

No the first visit is like consult ... Nutritionist said it ends up being like 4 visits total ... My psych eval and nutr visit are done via online thru a app like FaceTime and they charge my insurance so that is very convenient for me.. I just need to get spot for cardiac clearance n I will be done setting appt's ... Hoping November before turkey day I can be sleeved

Okay, wow I'm jealous. I wish I could FaceTime my docs. I'm hoping the same. We will get it!!! Positive vibes only.

I'm in roughly the same boat for timing. I also have CIGNA and had my Welcome Group meeting last Tuesday and went to a surgeon led surgical seminar on Thursday night. I've got all my appointments scheduled between August and October. The program that I'm going through likes to do sets of appointments in blocks, so I've got two on August 11th and 3 on August 16th, then two weight management appointments on September and October 7th.

The nurse coordinator said that having a NUT and PT appointment in the same month will count as my weight management one for August. I already had a sleep study a couple years ago and have submitted the medical results with my program application. Hoping to get approved shortly after the last one on October 7th, for late October or November surgery, as I've already met my deductible for the year and am nearing the out of pocket max for the year, so would be great to get it done prior to year end!

We will get there... Stay encouraged and prayerful... I get nervous thinking about possible refusal by Cigna but I'm just trusting in God and Im gonna do all the hoop jumping and wait for the end result ????????

Finally everything is complete. I found out Friday that my surgery date is Dec 5...I was approved by Cigna within 5 days of submitting everything. I lost pretty good amount of weight with my 4 dietician consults .. I was very surprised. Can't wait to get surgery done and be healthy and happy again with life. This was a long time coming for me due to I have been researching this for 4 years. I am now ready to get it done and over because I am becoming so anxious.

We will get there... Stay encouraged and prayerful... I get nervous thinking about possible refusal by Cigna but I'm just trusting in God and Im gonna do all the hoop jumping and wait for the end result

We will get there... Stay encouraged and prayerful... I get nervous thinking about possible refusal by Cigna but I'm just trusting in God and Im gonna do all the hoop jumping and wait for the end result

Congrats on getting your date! My process turned out to be more complicated than I mentioned above, but I did get my VSG on November 9th, and am doing great so far!