Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Every journey begins with the first step

I have been lurking for several weeks and this morning sitting here feeling bad after another bad night with a Migraine. I was sitting here reading everyone's comments and thought how much this forum has helped me so I think I should write too...maybe it well help someone...maybe it will help me.

I had my initial consult on the 21st. I am like so many others, I've been up and down all my life. Tried every diet, exercise, how to book that came along. Some worked for a time but eventually the weight piled back on and each pound brought a friend.

The decision to get sleeved was pretty much a no brainer. I have had every emotion you can have, excited, worried, scared, eager, angry, disgusted, happy, relieved, anxious, nervous, ashamed, proud, resilient, defeated, determined.....to name a few.

I've combed through my pictures, saw myself at my best and at my worst.

I know this journey won't be easy. I'm eager to start one minute and too tired the next. I spent last night gasping for breathe which resulted in yet another massive migraine. I had planned on shopping for Proteins, containers, etc. Things I would need for the up coming surgery but lack of sleep, sore head and hang over from the migraine meds has me sitting here, instead of out in the cool hours of the morning enjoying my day off and doing something interesting.

I hate this body.

But I love me....so I will continue to fight...keep struggling...to move forward.

I'm in the valley for now but I am ever more determined to claw, crawl and fight my way out of it!

...starting with the first step....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Welcome!

This is quite an adventure.

I am looking forward to a time when you can say "I love my body!"

In the meantime, be gentle with yourself and enjoy the ride.

Just an aside, a few things I have incorporated into my WLS journey that have helped me are:

Swimming. Swimming has always been my exercise of choice. I make it a priority.

Massages. I get periodic massages to Celebrate milestones and just because.

Mani/Pedis. I get my nails done professionally more often than I used to.

Creativity. I try to practice creativity every day --- writing, photography, art classes, etc.

Sleep/rest. It is very clear to me now how important enough restful sleep is for me.

I look forward to hearing about your journey. Welcome aboard!

Welcome!

This is quite an adventure.

I am looking forward to a time when you can say "I love my body!"

In the meantime, be gentle with yourself and enjoy the ride.

Just an aside, a few things I have incorporated into my WLS journey that have helped me are:

Swimming. Swimming has always been my exercise of choice. I make it a priority.

Massages. I get periodic massages to Celebrate milestones and just because.

Mani/Pedis. I get my nails done professionally more often than I used to.

Creativity. I try to practice creativity every day --- writing, photography, art classes, etc.

Sleep/rest. It is very clear to me now how important enough restful sleep is for me.

I look forward to hearing about your journey. Welcome aboard!

It's nice to meet you! I have read many of your posts :-)

I love all your ideas...I think once I finally get to the surgery and hopefully the Migraines let up,I will really look forward to doing those things...for now I'm thinking I should call my daughter and demand a girls outing for mani/pedis :-) she always encourages me and makes me laugh...

My initial visit was on the 21st as well. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@ramona555 welcome.

This is a wonderful journey you are starting on. I too suffer from debilitating Migraine, as well as a laundry list of other chronic health problems. Exercise has become my friend. I walk daily. Sometimes I go for two walks a day. Being outside, breathing the fresh air can help change your perspective.

My Migraines have improved as have some of my other problem. Living an active healthy life style can do wonders for your soul. Good luck on your journey. I can't wait to follow your journey.

Sent from my LGLS675 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by plane224

:-) I thought the 21st would never get here...then it did...and now I'm waiting waiting waiting for each appt...cardio, sleep study, endoscopy, psych eval, gallbladder scan.....seems like an endless highway of tests..But we can do this right? :-) :-) :-)

:-) I thought the 21st would never get here...then it did...and now I'm waiting waiting waiting for each appt...cardio, sleep study, endoscopy, psych eval, gallbladder scan.....seems like an endless highway of tests..But we can do this right? :-) :-) :-)

Yes we can @@ramona5555!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

I'm right with you all. Still waiting for my last few tests before they send it off to insurance. I'm so impatient...but someone told me to take this time to mentally prepare for the new part of my journey. I'm just wanting to get to it already. These forums are totally motivating and comforting to me. Good luck to all of us!!!

Mindi in Waterloo

I'm right with you all. Still waiting for my last few tests before they send it off to insurance. I'm so impatient...but someone told me to take this time to mentally prepare for the new part of my journey. I'm just wanting to get to it already. These forums are totally motivating and comforting to me. Good luck to all of us!!!

Mindi in Waterloo

I waited all day yesterday for phone calls to schedule my procedures...my advocate said she faxed everything last Friday....got nothing...so I called the sleep study place and no they hadn't received anything on me...I was able to give her my info and get the ball rolling on that...called my advocate and left message....I can see this is going to be something I have to push to get everything scheduled. Since I made my decision I haven't wavered...not once. Sometimes I feel sad that I got to this point that I have to do such a drastic thing but then I focus on how I will be a year from now...that really makes me smile!

How exciting! My surgery is tomorrow, I can't stop saying it and smiling as I do. Best of luck!

How exciting! My surgery is tomorrow, I can't stop saying it and smiling as I do. Best of luck!

Keep us posted! I'm doing more tests today...waiting on insurance approval...nerves nerves nerves and feel exhausted.