Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous -- How about some stories on how much better you feel?

Going in today to schedule surgery and I am nervous. I love the before and after pics. Any stories on how much better you feel?

Pains that are gone, energy levels, etc?

Thank you for the support.

The only regret I have is that I didn't have it sooner. I was also very nervous before surgery. I regretted my decision quite a bit the first few weeks because I thought I had ruined my life. You might feel that way too. As time passes though and you move back to regular food and you start losing weight, you realize that you made the right decision.

I am about 6 weeks short of being 3-years post-op and the person I am today is such a much healthier, happier, better person than I was 3 years ago.

"Feeling Better" !does not begin to cover the changes in the last 9 months:

1 - OFF of Metformin immediately after the surgery

2 - My knees don't sound like gravel when I get up from a chair

3 - I can sit in a Booth at a Restaurant

4 - I have lost 1 FOOT off my waistline. Think about what that means to my major organs and my back.

5 - Underwear is cheaper once you get to a 2X (4 per pack instead of 3) and smaller. I went from 3X to XL in 8 months

6 - My feet don't hurt when I walk more than 100 yards.

7 - My daughter says "I got my Dad back!"

The list goes on and on, for all of us! This is the BEST decision I have made since I proposed to my wife. Congratulations on your New Life! Enjoy your new self.

I understand being nervous. I had my surgery on June 6. It was the best decision I could have made. Since beginning my pre-op diet on May 22, I have lost 55 pounds. I am off blood pressure meds, my knees feel SO much better, I'm not out of breath every time I move, and I am happier than I have been in a long time. I still have another hundred pounds to lose, but I am thrilled with how I am progressing. I only wish I had done this sooner!

I'm two years out and a hundred pounds down. I weigh 172 and am a 16/18, depending on make of clothes. I would not change anything about my journey. I no longer have high blood pressure and have stopped using my c-pap machine, although not officiall, pretty sure that I no longer have sleep Apnea, as I no longer have symptoms of it. I also hike and walk, which I found difficult before.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am right at ten months out. My joint pain has been relieved and the horrible IBSD that I dealt with daily is all but gone, I have more energy then I've had in years and feel like I can live again and not just sit on the couch watching life pass me by. I have lost 139 pounds at the moment. About 40 more to go.

Ten months out from VSG surgery.

I feel much better in many ways.

At the time I had my surgery, I was having lots of back pain that was seriously impacting my ability to work and to enjoy my time off with family. I was also being treated for high blood pressure and taking lots of anti-inflammatory meds for joint pains. I was a couch potato....minimal movement due to my pain. I was really just a miserable feeling dude.

I'm no longer on the blood pressure meds.

My back issues are seriously improved and remain that way as long as I continue daily pt stretches and use very careful lifting techniques.

Spending some time every day or so in the gym. Feels great. Surrounded by motivated folks.

Before surgery, one of the things I really enjoyed was to cook & grill for my family. I had concerns that I'd lose this fun aspect of my life. I did lose it during my two week pre-op and for the first two months post op. Then, one day at around 8-9 weeks out I had the strong desire to fire up the coals and let it ride on the grill. I went to the grocery store and bought several types of meats and the sides for my tribe. During my stroll around the grocery store....I had to pull my pants up near constantly. My clothes were hanging loose on me and it was hilarious. Came home and had a blast in the kitchen and on the deck.....and haven't stopped since. Grilled food and my sleeve are a harmonious fit. Now I'm adding in some crunchy vegetables and life is good !!!

Emotionally........in a much better place. Tremendous difference, bro. Tremendous. That being said.....I did go through a "crazy period" while the majority of the fat was burning off. Hormones and Lord knows whatever else that was stored in that fat was released and I felt like I was 18 all over again. I went with it and it was a wild ride. The "crazy side" is still there but I've learned to control it......at least on work days, lol. Sorta like Spiderman learning not to walk around and shoot webs impulsively. Controlling the web slinging now.

Now...I'm in need of a shoulder repair, two knee replacements and have a hernia that's being monitored and will need repairing as well down the road. Add to that a tricky back. I still weight train and do cardio when my knees aren't screaming. The other day I took a kayak and put in at the river.....and went a few miles upstream. My goal was to make it ten miles to the dam, however, the Corps of Engineers began releasing Water from the dam and forward progress became impossible. still I was there....paddling my arse off....going nowhere. After I was spent....I turned around and drifted back downriver. What a cool workout. Opportunities like this come along and I jump at them. Looking forward to hunting seasons coming in.....I'll be out there climbing trees or wading into the swamp. Ducks and deer will be chased.

I'm enjoying life and looking forward to the future in a way that I couldn't imagine prior to surgery.

Life is great, boss. Come grab a seat on the Loser's Bench an mix up a pre-workout drink and get ready to do something fun that you've always wanted to do. Hell, you may even find yourself outdoors one night....and go with the feeling to howl at the moon and be a werewolf. Nobody will judge......go with it.

Needed that. Day two of liquid pre-op.

Needed that. Day two of liquid pre-op.

Simple plan is a good plan. Boring is good right now. Keeps you from concerning yourself with thinking about food or eating plans.....just have the shakes when you are supposed to and drinks tons of Water in between.

It'll pass very quickly and you'll be losing at a great rate by the end of that first week, too.

You are well on you way to getting into the shape you've wanted.

You got this.

I had my surgery on March 7, I've lost 103 pounds and feel amazing!! My energy is way up, and I don't get tired like I used to. I can do soooooo much more. I had complications after my surgery and knowing how miserable I was I would do it over again just to feel this way. Here is a before and after my 100 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but I promise it will be worth it!!! post-292029-14697990220437_thumb.jpg

I had totally forgotten how bad my feet used to hurt!!! I had to plan ahead depending upon how much walking would e required if I could go or not. I thought it was from years of ballet that had ruined my feet. Guess what? Lose the weight, no more foot pain and I love to walk!

Going up stairs without gasping for air like a fish out of Water.

Walking the dogs and not only walking faster than they want to, but wanting to drop them at home and go back out alone.

So much less hip and back pain.

Sitting Indian style.

Sitting with my knees pulled up to my chest with ease and comfort.

Being able to wear high heels.

Being able to fit in a bench and allowing the person opposite of me to push it closer to me because I have too much room on my side.

Being able to sleep on my stomach because I'm so much flatter than before in the belly area.

Not feeling mortified and ashamed if I see a high school acquaintance while being out.

Going from a size 2x shirts to medium shirts and a size 22 pants to size 8 pants.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I had totally forgotten how bad my feet used to hurt!!! I had to plan ahead depending upon how much walking would e required if I could go or not. I thought it was from years of ballet that had ruined my feet. Guess what? Lose the weight, no more foot pain and I love to walk!

This made me tear up. My feet hurt a lot. All the time. My favorite flip flops, I buy them every couple of years or every year depending on how worn out they get, well I got a new pair this summer and they fit so tight that they leave marks. I can't wait till I can finish my day and not have to prop up my feet because they are throbbing in pain.

So many things are better since I had my operation. So wish I could have done this years ago. I can run, walk for hours and it's so wonderful to walk into any clothes shop and know that they stock my size and not have snooty sales persons looking at me as if to say no way to sell anything that's going to fit you.

Those days are far behind me, I feel confident happy and at peace with my body at last.

I can only echo all the positives that have come from other post op friends. I too wish that I had done this years ago instead of nine months ago. I feel WONDERFUL. I agree with Dub about the hormones after surgery. Heaven only knows what was stored in my lardy bits but it was like the gates of hell had opened for a while as all those guys escaped from captivity! Lots more settled now and have just gone back to being an old git. I won't say a miserable one though as I spend most of the time walking around with an idiot grin on my face. I love it when I'm dog walking and I wish someone who has a face like a smacked arse a cheery 'Good Morning'! That person with the SAF used to be me. Not any more it ain't.

I walk at least four miles every morning but five is becoming the norm now. I've even started to break into a sprint when there's no one around. Not for long, but a sprint nonetheless. My old injuries from being a ballet dancer for years are still there but so much easier to deal with now that I no longer have the weight of eight average new born babies clinging to my frame. The plantar fasciitis in my foot has gone dormant so hopefully it is considering leaving altogether. My knees are finding life easier so think the replacements can now wait for a while. My hip replacement is amazing. 18 months ago I was limping around but since having had the worn out one replaced and losing weight I can do great things with my leg. Arabesque? No probs! Going to attempt a ballet class for us older ballerinas soon so shall see how that goes. When I have time to go for a swim, I can now manage a mile in just over an hour. Slow but certainly sure.

When it comes to clothes, well, I'm having fun. Gone are the boring, hide the fat, tents. I am into stuff that is fun. I might still wear Sketchers for all my walking but my collection of heels is growing all the time and I LOVE wearing them. Less the Miss Piggy look around the leg and foot area and more Miss Whiplash!

My carb intake has, naturally enough plummeted. My Protein intake has shot up. I always have some cooked chicken or salmon hanging around in the fridge just incase I get peckish. I stick to natural, unprocessed foods and when I have dairy produce I go for the full fat version. The satisfaction I get is immense, both physically through my stomach feeling full and mentally through my brain feeling satisfied and happy.

I've still got 20lbs to lose until I reach my goal and am again in the middle of a stall but I know that my internal stylists are at work on my body rearranging and reshaping so I'll just let them get on with it!

OK guys, it's Sunday morning, I'm sitting in bed with husband, three dogs and two cats and I need another cuppa. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and I'm a very happy punter. Have a great day guys x