Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Searching for green: How small of a fill can one get?

I've been banded since 2011 and I am struggling to find green. In the last 3 years I've actually gained back 40 of the 70 lbs I had lost due to bouncing back and forth from either being too tight or too loose. Obviously I've developed some poor eating habits along the way. I am highly discouraged but also trying to get back on track. I've found that 7.2 in a 10cc band led to me not even being able to breathe comfortably lol. Had some Fluid immediately taken out to 6.9cc which was ok in terms of no hunger but I found there were often days where I couldn't get food down or I'd get food down and still have nightly acid reflux. Needless to say after a couple months of trying to make that work, I was dilated and had to have some fluid removed. So we went down to 5.9cc which meant no restriction at all but it gave me time to heal. We've been slowly adding back the last few months and yesterday I finally made it to 6.8cc which is only .1 cc below where I was too tight. Problem is, I'm still not experiencing the lack of hunger feeling I had at 6.9. That sensation is the feeling I've been searching for throughout my journey with the band and I liked it! I would just like to find it while still being able to eat food without discomfort. Does anyone know if they are able to give you fills of less than .1 cc??? I don't know if there's anywhere to go from here lol. I just want to find green!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The band is tricky. A single drop can make all the difference. I would suggest not to give up. It's all trial and error.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

I have had fills and unfills as tiny as 0.05 cc.... Can make all the difference.

Great! Thanks for that reply. I will keep going till I find it! I know I'm so close!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have also found that very small amounts can make or break me. For me, it is extremely important to adhere to a liquid diet for 24 hrs prior and 48 hrs post fill if I want to minimize the chance of a problem.

I also know that taking antihistamines effects the tightness of my band, so I avoid those as well for that time period.

I hope you find your perfect spot.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App