Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regain.... I'm so upset with myself.

I had lapband surgery in April 30th of 2012. I am 5"1, and I'm 49 years old. My highest weight was 223. I lost 100 pounds and reached my goal weight of 123. Then I had a port leak in early 2014 and had port revision surgery in September of 2014. I have had a huge regain. I am back up to 165. The insurance I have now doesn't cover my Dr's visits anymore. I am not at a good restriction. And I can't afford to get the fills I need at this time. Has anyone else had a regain? And if so, what did you do to drop the weight again? As of right now, I feel like a total failure. Two days ago I went to only liquids. Today I am on pureed. I'm trying to restart and refocus. I am walking again as well. It's tough because I have a really bad back. And I hurt a lot. I feel so lost. I don't know what to do. I am so off track, I don't even remember what I did in the beginning of my journey! Please help....

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I didn't have the band, but I am catching myself slipping into old habits. I also have a bad back and doctor told me to do the elliptical, bike or something similar. There's always pool exercises. My insurance doesn't cover my visits anymore, so I didn't go to my 1 year check up. it's hard, but we can't get back on track!

I didn't have the band, but I am catching myself slipping into old habits. I also have a bad back and doctor told me to do the elliptical, bike or something similar. There's always pool exercises. My insurance doesn't cover my visits anymore, so I didn't go to my 1 year check up. it's hard, but we can't get back on track!

I have been using my pool more, and doing some low impact leg workouts (floor workouts) they don't hurt as bad. And I am also trying to walk 30 minutes a day.

I started eating sweets, and really bad foods. It went down hill from there. I got into a depression and started to believe it wasn't possible to lose the weight again. Every time I try to start eating right, I get frustrated because I can't do the walking and workouts I use to, and I just give up and eat the junk again.

I know I have to do this! I don't have insurance that will cover my lapband. I can't risk having anything happen to it. I wish I would have stopped this craziness a long time ago. But, at least I am doing it now. I have 40 pounds to lose again, but it's not 100...... I just need to work and remember what all I was eating and doing before. I am reading through the posts on here. Trying to relearn all that I have forgotten lol

I just got the sleeve last week but have you tried high Protein like 120g less than 17g carb and lots of veggies a day?... My mom lost 60lbs in a reasonably short amount of time 5.5 months without any procedures and little exercise. Docs basically got me on the same diet but wants me to work out when I can tolerate it again.

I just got the sleeve last week but have you tried high Protein like 120g less than 17g carb and lots of veggies a day?... My mom lost 60lbs in a reasonably short amount of time 5.5 months without any procedures and little exercise. Docs basically got me on the same diet but wants me to work out when I can tolerate it again.

I have just started getting back to tracking my Protein and drinking more Water. I was so far off track, I stopped watching my protein intake. I do know that carbs aren't my friend. I gain fast when I don't watch it!

Thank you :)

~ Katie

If you didn't track you food when you lost the weight before, do it now. I used myfitnesspal religiously and it made me aware of everything I ate.

PS: I'm banded as well and while I understand how expensive it is to see the doctor without insurance, an adjustment will probably help you enormously as you well know the band doesn't help without correct restriction. Good luck hon!

Yes, I have the band and would advise seeing the doctor even without insurance... A fill is $150 at my doctor's office (out of pocket) and the results are well worth it, IMHO. The only way the band will work is if it's full! If you remember what fill your previous band had, ask for that amount of Fluid and see how you do.

I fell into the "carb" trap during an intense bout of PMS recently so I hear ya. It sucks how easy it is to keep downing sugary foods because they slide through so easily.

My best advice: eat Protein first and then see how you feel. Protein is what fills me up the most (and what keeps me satisfied the longest). And of course, drink your water!

Good luck!!

If you didn't track you food when you lost the weight before, do it now. I used myfitnesspal religiously and it made me aware of everything I ate.

PS: I'm banded as well and while I understand how expensive it is to see the doctor without insurance, an adjustment will probably help you enormously as you well know the band doesn't help without correct restriction. Good luck hon!

I did track in the beginning. But I haven't tracked much at all this past year. I let the frustration and depression side track me. I know $150 doesn't sound like a lot to most people, but to me it is at the moment. I'm not able to work, and my husband lost his job in the oil field. We live paycheck to paycheck now. With not much left over at the end. I am in hopes that I get to see the Dr. next month.

Thank you so much for your help!

~ Katie

Yes, I have the band and would advise seeing the doctor even without insurance... A fill is $150 at my doctor's office (out of pocket) and the results are well worth it, IMHO. The only way the band will work is if it's full! If you remember what fill your previous band had, ask for that amount of Fluid and see how you do.

I fell into the "carb" trap during an intense bout of PMS recently so I hear ya. It sucks how easy it is to keep downing sugary foods because they slide through so easily.

My best advice: eat Protein first and then see how you feel. Protein is what fills me up the most (and what keeps me satisfied the longest). And of course, drink your water!

Good luck!!

I agree, protein first is a must!! It is also what got me to goal before. That and I drank Water like crazy!

I know $150 might not be a lot to most, but for me right now it is. But I am really hoping I will get to see my Dr. next month. Working on the money part right now.

Carbs.... Ugh. They are the devil to me! Lol

I'm back to walking and doing some working out in the pool as well. I also hope that doing liquids and pureed for a few days will help kick a bit of restriction in. We will see :))

Thank you so much for your response and support!

~ Katie

@@oneangel34 -- just throwing out a few ideas

If your back problems might possibly be a result of your weight, you may qualify for insurance coverage of bariatric/band services.

If you were tracking your meals electronically, you should be able to retrieve at least a few weeks' worth as models for restarting.

If you don't have the papers given to you by the practice RD, call and ask for copies because, well, you can't find them.

Take a deep breath. I'll bet that you're not as far out at sea as you think. You were capable in 2012. You didn't lose it.

@@oneangel34 -- just throwing out a few ideas

If your back problems might possibly be a result of your weight, you may qualify for insurance coverage of bariatric/band services.

If you were tracking your meals electronically, you should be able to retrieve at least a few weeks' worth as models for restarting.

If you don't have the papers given to you by the practice RD, call and ask for copies because, well, you can't find them.

Take a deep breath. I'll bet that you're not as far out at sea as you think. You were capable in 2012. You didn't lose it.

My back pain is from arthritis in my spine. I also have it in my hips.

The pain is made worse by the weight I am sure. That was one of the reasons my other insurance approved me for surgery. But our new insurance says they don't cover any treatment for weightloss.

I will look into it, because it can't hurt!

I have been on liquids for 4 days and I have lost 4 pounds. I'm just worried that when I start eating solids I will start gaining again.

The good news is that at the moment I am starting to feel more restriction! I just hope it stays forever! Lol

Thank you so much for your help!! Hugs :)

~ Katie

I am down to 154 as of this morning. Woohoo!! I'm getting a little closer to goal. I'm so excited!!!! Thank you so much for all the help. It means a lot to me!!! Hugs ????

~ Katie

I am at 151! Getting closer :)

~ Katie

Hi, had lapband January 12 2012, was 231, in November 2015 my band slipped, my weight was 151, was the happiest girl in the world, then because of the slip they had to take ALL the Fluid out, I'm devastated, back up to 180, can't lose a pound!! AND I work out 5 days a week, they say once your band slips it will never be the same...totally depressed, don't know what to do????

Hi, had lapband January 12 2012, was 231, in November 2015 my band slipped, my weight was 151, was the happiest girl in the world, then because of the slip they had to take ALL the Fluid out, I'm devastated, back up to 180, can't lose a pound!! AND I work out 5 days a week, they say once your band slips it will never be the same...totally depressed, don't know what to do????

I'm so sorry. Do you have restriction at all? I'm setting up an appointment ASAP to get a fill. I had lost down to 149, and I'm back up to 157 tonight. I need a fill so bad. I'm hungry all the time right now. It's a real struggle. I hope you get your restriction back soon.

~ Katie